Officials investigate mysterious disappearance of 30-Ton shipment of explosive chemicals in California

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Probably a good idea to stay out of any buildings with a Uhaul truck parked outside.
    SO you are saying somebody forgot to pack something?

(Dear fedbois: Purple = sarcasm here. Dont shoot my dog. )

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    SO you are saying somebody forgot to pack something?

(Dear fedbois: Purple = sarcasm here. Dont shoot my dog. )
    Practice run?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Drivel… I’m not sure how much ams (ammonium nitrate) I use in a year on crops, spray adjuvant, garden fertilizer, bushes, lawn etc. I’m pretty sure it’s not a rail car load but a couple semis for sure. I’m more interested in what’s going on elsewhere while we are supposed to be concerned about this.
    Yep, if it spread out over 10’ for 1000 mile trip that’s 50 pounds of material per acre, so virtually nothing. It probably didn’t spread that even, but that’s a starting point to realize it’s just dust in the wind.

Now, if someone really did Walter White it, we are the dust in the wind.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Nothing to see here. Another ill maintainer hopper car with leaky doors.. The seals were not even broken.

That 30 tons is spread out over a 1000 miles as dust...
    That kind of ammonium nitrate is usually in the form of very porous prills. Spongy, BB sized balls. Designed to evenly soak up diesel fuel.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Yep, if it spread out over 10’ for 1000 mile trip that’s 50 pounds of material per acre, so virtually nothing. It probably didn’t spread that even, but that’s a starting point to realize it’s just dust in the wind.

Now, if someone really did Walter White it, we are the dust in the wind.
    We need to be vigilant looking for a stolen rail car of diesel.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    ammonium nitrate I could really use a bag for my corn crop. 50-0-0 is very hard to find at the moment.

I like to side dress sweet corn with it. This year I might have to use something a different and miss the explosive growth!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Have you ever used 28-0-0 liquid? Just wondering how it compares. N “should” be N.
    Looks like I will have to do that. Corn is the only thing on the garden that is not organic. I can do organic corn but the ears are very small and then it would be easier to buy it from the farmer down the road. Even using chicken poop that was semi composted the ears were small the plants are small.

Nice thing about 50-0-0 side dressing is I can do it when the plants are 4-6 inches high and maybe just before it tassels. The 28-0-0 will need a few trips in 2 gallon water cans per watering and more than one or maybe two applications.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Looks like I will have to do that. Corn is the only thing on the garden that is not organic. I can do organic corn but the ears are very small and then it would be easier to buy it from the farmer down the road. Even using chicken poop that was semi composted the ears were small the plants are small.

Nice thing about 50-0-0 side dressing is I can do it when the plants are 4-6 inches high and maybe just before it tassels. The 28-0-0 will need a few trips in 2 gallon water cans per watering and more than one or maybe two applications.
    Here’s what I do…
    A typical side dress rate of 28 might be 50 gallons per acre; that gives you 150ish units. At 32000 plants per acre that’s 2/10 of an ounce per plant. I have about 30 plants in a row in the garden, so that’s 6 ounces per row, so I take a measuring cup and dribble about two cups along the row, probably about double or triple what the math says, then just water that in. I do that at planting and maybe after it’s up.

Just throwing that out there as it seems simpler than a water can, to me.

Top Bottom