• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    this cover will show INGO when closed, right? Wonder if I can get it engraved to also show when open?

In any case, I look forward to this and thank you again VUPDblue as I know how little fun running one of these really is, I have run a bunch in the past and I swore I would never run another as long as I live. I really appreciate your doing this for us.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I believe the INGO logo is on the inside and shows when open. One of mine will be on my INGO lower as a 300 BO pistol/SBR. I'm going to have it engraved on the outside to show it's a 300.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    this cover will show INGO when closed, right? Wonder if I can get it engraved to also show when open?

In any case, I look forward to this and thank you again VUPDblue as I know how little fun running one of these really is, I have run a bunch in the past and I swore I would never run another as long as I live. I really appreciate your doing this for us.

See below.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    E5664777-5B45-4045-9DF2-1119DFD0D642_zps2fqzftqx.jpg

My bad. It is on the inside.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Dust covers have been sent out! Sorry it took so long, packaging and labeling was a *****. Then when I got to USPS to pay for postage, I found that I had been given erroneous pricing when I got the original shipping quote, so I argued and escalated until I was ultimately defeated. Either way, everyone should have their covers by Saturday.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Dust covers have been sent out! Sorry it took so long, packaging and labeling was a *****. Then when I got to USPS to pay for postage, I found that I had been given erroneous pricing when I got the original shipping quote, so I argued and escalated until I was ultimately defeated. Either way, everyone should have their covers by Saturday.

Ran into similar with the coins. Discovered it AFTER I had already dropped a bunch in a mailbox... Those took a while, but began arriving today. I'm surprised they went through. I wonder if USPS changed things recently? Everything I had read on the envelopes and some shipping info eluded to being able to mail 1st class as regular envelope.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    [STRIKE]Also, it goes without saying,
    Thank you all for being site supporters and helping to fund the site!!![/STRIKE]

^oops wrong thread. :D

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Bah. I'd rather stick you with the extra cost and feel like I came out ahead somehow. Too many nice people around here lately.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Ran into similar with the coins. Discovered it AFTER I had already dropped a bunch in a mailbox... Those took a while, but began arriving today. I'm surprised they went through. I wonder if USPS changed things recently? Everything I had read on the envelopes and some shipping info eluded to being able to mail 1st class as regular envelope.

Yeah I took the bubble envelope I was using to a PO and asked how much to mail it first class and what the restrictions were. They told me 98 cents for up to 13 ounces. I packaged everything up and went in there with 79 mailers and was told they have to be sent as a parcel and not envelope and the cost was 2.67. They said it was because the contents were not a uniform thickness and the envelope was padded. They then had to weigh and label every single one separately. I was much displeased with the USPS to say the least.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Yeah I took the bubble envelope I was using to a PO and asked how much to mail it first class and what the restrictions were. They told me 98 cents for up to 13 ounces. I packaged everything up and went in there with 79 mailers and was told they have to be sent as a parcel and not envelope and the cost was 2.67. They said it was because the contents were not a uniform thickness and the envelope was padded. They then had to weigh and label every single one separately. I was much displeased with the USPS to say the least.
    The guy I spoke with had a template with a slot cut into it. If the envelope would fit through it, then it was good to go. It was about 1/4" thick. Everything I'd read stated 3/4" thick was acceptable. I already had stamps on mine, and had to figure out how to fit 3 more stamps on them. Good to know for the future I suppose.
    Amazon refused my review comment on the 4x6 padded envelopes, mentioning that they weren't acceptable as 'envelopes' anymore. lol

Top Bottom