• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's stunning that an election just took place and every headline, op-ed and analysis is about a guy that wasn't on a ticket anywhere. He's been out of office for two years but, "he's the reason we lost!". Net gain of republicans in congress and senate but, "he's the reason we lost!". There was suppose to be a 'red wave' but it didn't occur because, "Trump!". What is the metric by which one measures a 'red wave'? If just one more R candidate had won office, would that have been enough to qualify as a red wave? If ten more had won? How does one quantify a red wave? Trump isn't what ailes our country.
    I see two major possibilities (there are probably more)

1) Trump is the best boogie man to rile up the Dem base, DeSantis hasn't achieved that status yet and might not unless he is the candidate

2) Trump is still the potential candidate they fear the most, because if he is coming then hell is coming with him

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Revise history much? What congress did Trump have on his side, on our side of issues we want? If anyone believes the so called republicans were on Trump’s side they are a fool. 40+ republicans quit, including the freaking speaker of the house, because they did not want to enact an America first agenda.

The above applies to the accusations that Trump caused republicans to lose the congress, nearly a quarter of republicans quit.
    They quit? So you are saying they resigned? Or did they simply choose not to run again? Talk about revising history.

It's stunning that an election just took place and every headline, op-ed and analysis is about a guy that wasn't on a ticket anywhere. He's been out of office for two years but, "he's the reason we lost!". Net gain of republicans in congress and senate but, "he's the reason we lost!". There was suppose to be a 'red wave' but it didn't occur because, "Trump!". What is the metric by which one measures a 'red wave'? If just one more R candidate had won office, would that have been enough to qualify as a red wave? If ten more had won? How does one quantify a red wave? Trump isn't what ailes our country.
    A net gain in the Senate? We'll be lucky to keep it 50-50. And it's the norm to gain seats in the House and the Senate for the party not occupying the White House. IMO we would have had a much better shot at gaining a majority in the Senate if Trump had stayed out of the primaries. And quite possibly a larger gain in the House.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    A net gain in the Senate? We'll be lucky to keep it 50-50. And it's the norm to gain seats in the House and the Senate for the party not occupying the White House. IMO we would have had a much better shot at gaining a majority in the Senate if Trump had stayed out of the primaries. And quite possibly a larger gain in the House.
    My post was from last Thursday night. In our current time of election day lasting a week and a half, sudden drops of undocumented ballots, ostensibly ran through machines multiple times, coupled with the total disallowance of audits, then sure, your critique stands. But my comment was made when the 'story' was still being told of net gains. It's disingenuous to use my statement from Thursday, that matched known details, to point out an error that only exist now due to the, ahem, ongoing-election-day-counting-six-days-later. Since you're aware it's a "norm to gain seats", then you too might start to wonder the why and how all statistical probabilities are being turned on their head. Something is fishy and it ain't the Orange Man.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My post was from last Thursday night. In our current time of election day lasting a week and a half, sudden drops of undocumented ballots, ostensibly ran through machines multiple times, coupled with the total disallowance of audits, then sure, your critique stands. But my comment was made when the 'story' was still being told of net gains. It's disingenuous to use my statement from Thursday, that matched known details, to point out an error that only exist now due to the, ahem, ongoing-election-day-counting-six-days-later. Since you're aware it's a "norm to gain seats", then you too might start to wonder the why and how all statistical probabilities are being turned on their head. Something is fishy and it ain't the Orange Man.
    Last Thurs it was iffy if we would have gained in the Senate. As for the rest of your post. We didn't win they must have cheated!!! I'm not saying they didn't but as for now...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What difference does it make? They all had their public excuse. Ryan’s was to spend time with his children. They quit…
    No they didn't quit. They finished their term and decided not to run again. That is not quitting. It's like saying someone has a contract to do a job, and they finish said job and decide not to sign another contract that they quit. What you are doing IS revisionist history.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IMO we would have had a much better shot at gaining a majority in the Senate if Trump had stayed out of the primaries. And quite possibly a larger gain in the House.
    IMO, I don't believe the people who count the votes would have allowed that either

To me, the Nevada senate race and every race in AZ are perfect examples of 'keep counting until you get the results you want'

I'm also a bit skeptical of those who want to hang Oz around Trump's neck but concede him no credit for find's like Lake and Masters

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    IMO, I don't believe the people who count the votes would have allowed that either

To me, the Nevada senate race and every race in AZ are perfect examples of 'keep counting until you get the results you want'

I'm also a bit skeptical of those who want to hang Oz around Trump's neck but concede him no credit for find's like Lake and Masters
    Lake? You mean the one that is currently down in the count? In a state that currently has a Repub Govenor. And didn't Masters lose?

We didn't win it must be Trump's fault!!!

Not sure how one differs significantly from the other. Both are over-simplifications of a complicated dynamic
    Never said it was all Trump's fault. Although IMO he definitely didn't help, and we probably would have done better without his "help".

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

They would have had a red wave if not for the mail-in/ballot harvesting. Also McConnell did not support some Trump backed candidates, so the battle for the heart of the party spilled over into the election. McConnell is just as petty as Trump, just not as vocal about it…

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    They would have had a red wave if not for the mail-in/ballot harvesting. Also McConnell did not support some Trump backed candidates, so the battle for the heart of the party spilled over into the election. McConnell is just as petty as Trump, just not as vocal about it…
    Once again we lost so they cheated. And he didn't back who my guy backed. Perhaps Trump should have backed who McConnell backed?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Ballot harvesting should be flatly illegal in all U.S. states. "Hey, excuse me while I go, um, collect some ballots that will 100% for one particular political party. This is a nice ballot you have here. It'd be a shame if..."

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Once again we lost so they cheated. And he didn't back who my guy backed. Perhaps Trump should have backed who McConnell backed?
    Some of the states did cheat by not passing the mail-in voting in the legislature. But those that passed them constitutionally still hurt the conservatives and killed the red wave. As we discussed previously here, republicans are still getting out the Election Day vote but getting creamed by the democrats election season. That had far more negative effects than anything else folks come up with…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ballot harvesting should be flatly illegal in all U.S. states. "Hey, excuse me while I go, um, collect some ballots that will 100% for one particular political party. This is a nice ballot you have here. It'd be a shame if..."
    There are reports of community organizers taking a troup of the local gang with them into apartment buildings, going door to door gathering votes. The safest place to vote is in person at a polling place. However conservatives must still contend with the precincts that have thug enforcers going around, like reported in Detroit…

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Some of the states did cheat by not passing the mail-in voting in the legislature. But those that passed them constitutionally still hurt the conservatives and killed the red wave. As we discussed previously here, republicans are still getting out the Election Day vote but getting creamed by the democrats election season. That had far more negative effects than anything else folks come up with…
    Are we talking the current election or 2020? For the mail-in voting that is.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There are reports of community organizers taking a troup of the local gang with them into apartment buildings, going door to door gathering votes. The safest place to vote is in person at a polling place. However conservatives must still contend with the precincts that have thug enforcers going around, like reported in Detroit…
    There is a reason why electioneering and coercion isn't allowed outside of polling places. The same thing should be applicable to those that go out and bring the polling place to others in order to harvest ballots. To me that environment is ripe for electioneering and coercion which is prohibited at polling places.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Let's not forget ballot "curing". I cannot fathom why all peoples wouldn't be on board with the idea of better securing elections and conducting audits when peculiar details call for it. The only reason I can think of for not wanting free, fair and secure voting, on a singular voting day, is a bad reason - fraud.

Top Bottom