• ...and so much more!
  • LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    If not Trump, than who?

From a small business owners perspective my business was never stronger than 17,18 and 19. Then, business was so good I thought I would be able to retire before I turned 50. Now, I am not sure I can retire when I am 75. The last 3 years make me long for the days of 08/09.

No one. Everyone. A combination of circumstances and reactions.

No one person gets all the credit, no one person takes all the blame…the economy is aggregate.

I’m sorry your business has suffered under Biden, I can certainly understand your reasoning.

My business took off under Biden…and no, I don’t give him credit for it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Basically, I think If Democrats and independents are thinking about Trump, then Not-Trump has a solid chance of winning 2020...but if those same voters are thinking about Biden’s performance when they go to cast their vote…then Trump wins.
    Wasn't 'It's the economy, stupid' a quote by one of your guys (Carville)?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You could certainly be correct about that. It’s hard to say at this point in time…and there is still time for some unforeseen game-changing event to mix things up, but is sure looks likely to be a 2020 re-match.

That makes me uninspired about voting, but I’ll do it to avoid Trump again.

I can image a bunch of people who are as uninspired as me might choose to just sit the next one out…and I would have to think that works in Trump‘s favor.
    What about Trump v Newsom? That’s looking possible since something has obviously changed in what Democrats are willing to report now. Typically they’d be covering for the administration when stuff like then Hunter Biden texts come out. But it may be that they’re moving on from him. Could be that he’s done and we don’t know it yet.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don’t give Trump credit for those things and… even if I did…I give him more credit for attempting a coup.
    Even if you don't give Trump credit for those things, he did manage domestic and foreign policy efficiently during most of his term. For that reason, I would rather have Trump again as Chief Exec and CINC. Set aside emotional hatred for either one I think hands down strictly speaking based on that Trump was a better manager for the country than Biden is now.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I don’t give Trump credit for those things and… even if I did…I give him more credit for attempting a coup.
    What I saw was an attempted coup against Trump. Do you not see that?

I understand not liking Trump, his manner\character turns some people off. What I can't understand is voting again for the rolling dumpster fire were experiencing now.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    No one. Everyone. A combination of circumstances and reactions.

No one person gets all the credit, no one person takes all the blame…the economy is aggregate.

I’m sorry your business has suffered under Biden, I can certainly understand your reasoning.

My business took off under Biden…and no, I don’t give him credit for it.
    You arent by chance in the funeral business are you?

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    What I saw was an attempted coup against Trump. Do you not see that.

I understand not liking Trump, his manner\character turns some people off. What I can't understand is voting again for the rolling dumpster fire were experiencing now.

I absolutely understand the point you are making, and I understand why you’d like out of this particular dumpster fire.

From my perspective, we jumped from a dumpster fire (Trumpster fire? ) into a dumpster of then-unknown condition…turns out it’s on fire too.

My view isn’t likely to resonate here…but at least Ill be honest about it:

I think most of the economic issues we are experiencing today are due to Covid…or, more specifically, the way that the governments of the world reacted to Covid...ours included. It was a train wreck, and it has led to some really bizarre outcomes, including facilitating the Ukraine war.

I don’t think Trump was on the right track during Covid, and I think the Ukraine situation would likely be even worse if Trump was involved.

I agree with you about wanting to jump out of this dumpster fire…I’d just rather try jumping into one that hasn’t already burned me.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    What about Trump v Newsom? That’s looking possible since something has obviously changed in what Democrats are willing to report now. Typically they’d be covering for the administration when stuff like then Hunter Biden texts come out. But it may be that they’re moving on from him. Could be that he’s done and we don’t know it yet.

Trump was a mistake. Biden was a mistake. The next guy will probably be a mistake too.

Welcome to representative government, lol.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    You arent by chance in the funeral business are you?

That’s actually really funny.

I seriously though about entering the funeral business. I dated the daughter of a Mortician in my 20’s and had an opportunity to buy into their business. I got used to the daily tasks pretty quickly and I the environment didn’t really bother me, so it looked like a pretty good fit from my perspective…then they found out my religion and a marriage became…unseemly.

I am a repairman. I fix stuff. It feels good to fix things for people.

I think that when the economy gets rough more people choose to try to fix their broken stuff than just replace it.

There’s no shortage of broken stuff to fix right now.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think that when the economy gets rough more people choose to try to fix their broken stuff than just replace it
    Uhhh, if your business takes off when the economy is bad, doesn't that tell you something about Biden's 'stewardship'

Will being mandated to have an electric service van improve your business?

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Uhhh, if your business takes off when the economy is bad, doesn't that tell you something about Biden's 'stewardship'

Will being mandated to have an electric service van improve your business?

Bug, I’m not out here singing Biden’s praises. You’ll get no arguments from me about Biden’s stewardship.

Being mandated to have an electric service van would probably not be a big deal for us, we don‘t do a great deal of on-site work, and using an electric van for the regular local parts and materials runs wouldn‘t change our routine at all…it really depends on how the numbers work. We struggle to keep the shop truck‘s MPGs up into the double digits…and that’s without the trailer attached.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I absolutely understand the point you are making, and I understand why you’d like out of this particular dumpster fire.

From my perspective, we jumped from a dumpster fire (Trumpster fire? ) into a dumpster of then-unknown condition…turns out it’s on fire too.

My view isn’t likely to resonate here…but at least Ill be honest about it:

I think most of the economic issues we are experiencing today are due to Covid…or, more specifically, the way that the governments of the world reacted to Covid...ours included. It was a train wreck, and it has led to some really bizarre outcomes, including facilitating the Ukraine war.

I don’t think Trump was on the right track during Covid, and I think the Ukraine situation would likely be even worse if Trump was involved.

I agree with you about wanting to jump out of this dumpster fire…I’d just rather try jumping into one that hasn’t already burned me.
    I guess what I find difficult to understand about Biden\anti-Trump voters is the relative weighting between policy and personality. I can stomach a narcissistic megalomaniac like Trump if he enacts policy I agree with, but I cannot stomach the most affable guy one could put in the office if he enacts terrible policy. To me, personality is a bit ancillary. I'd like to have good policy and good personality, but if I have to pick one, it will be policy all day long, every day.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess what I find difficult to understand about Biden\anti-Trump voters is the relative weighting between policy and personality. I can stomach a narcissistic megalomaniac like Trump if he enacts policy I agree with, but I cannot stomach the most affable guy one could put in the office if he enacts terrible policy. To me, personality is a bit ancillary. I'd like to have good policy and good personality, but if I have to pick one, it will be policy all day long, every day.
    Seems to me a lot of people that disfavor Trump like his policy they just want someone else to carry on with them.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think what helps explain some of that is people's perception of him rather than who and what he reality is, vs his policies. Trump's policies, especially economic policies, were pretty much standard Republican, pro-business. Lower taxes. Reduce unnecessary burdensome regulations. And so forth.

Well that got turned into Trump is literally Hitler. Sound fiscal policies got turned into these policies are racist. Sexist. Homophobic. Everything he did was problematized by Democrats, the media, Hollywood. People believe the image they portray.

I can stomach a narcissistic megalomaniac like Trump too. But a guy like that makes it easy to convince the masses that he is the facade they've created. Rather than doer of good policy you see him as, the masses see him as an imbecile.

For example, it was not hard for the media to portray him as having attempted a coup d'atat on 1/6. I think what happened, he did what he always does. He gets his lawyers to figure out ways to exploit laws to get what he wants, and then fight it out in courts. But because he even tried it, it looks to most people like a coup. They didn't need media lies to see him as that. He did that. That was an unforced error. Now, more people think of him negatively because of what he did, than positively.

So effectively, everything he touches turns to **** as far as they're concerned. He endorses candidates, and they vote against them, because Democrats made the midterm elections a referendum on Trump.

That's my biggest beef with Trump. He knows show biz. He knows entertainment. He knows business. He understands how the levers work in the courts. He's really out of his depth in Washington. And the only reason he's got the support of any independents is that people are getting sick of all the woke ****. For example, Joe Rogan, who voted for Biden the first time, will likely vote for Trump this time.

It's indeed Trump's personality that feeds this perception, and why policy doesn't matter. So the question becomes, how bad does ClownWorld™ have to get for enough people to overcome the perception that he tried to seize power that wasn't his, to vote for not-ClownWorld™? Ask LeftyGunner. I hope that changes, but I don't think Trump can fix that perception.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A lot don't know what his actual policies were, only what the MSM told them it was.
    They turned "they're not sending their best" into, Trump hates all Mexicans. They altered audio to make it sound like he was saying that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A lot don't know what his actual policies were, only what the MSM told them it was.
    True but I'm mostly talking about those who know about his policies but are getting tiresome of Trump.

Reactions: oze

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    For example, it was not hard for the media to portray him as having attempted a coup d'atat on 1/6. I think what happened, he did what he always does. He gets his lawyers to figure out ways to exploit laws to get what he wants, and then fight it out in courts. But because he even tried it, it looks to most people like a coup. They didn't need media lies to see him as that. He did that. That was an unforced error. Now, more people think of him negatively because of what he did, than positively.
    Are you kidding me, Trump did not send a bunch of lawyers to the Capital to argue his case, He even wanted the metal detectors shut off so his mob could be armed. How could you watch what happened on 1/6 and not call it a coup d'atat. I just hope they will allow cameras in the court room so we can hear the witness describe what happeded

Top Bottom