• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Saw a 2.5yo 8 point and 3 does this morning at the farm, about half way up the logging trail I had just walked down. They either cross up where they did, or use the logging road intersection I have the ladder sitting on. Perfect for muzzleloader season, but you gotta get lucky as to which way they go during bow season, lol.

Went out to Crane for the afternoon saw 4 does and a nice 3.5yo buck rubbing trees and making scrapes. If I had the smokepole, the freezer would be well on it's way to getting filled. Great day to be in the woods, they all just seemed to be 20-30 yards too far.

Didn't see a single sign of the rut.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Out doing some stand repair and checking cameras, decided to look over my southern border where most if any trouble shows up during gun season. No stands that I could find yet, I'll check my border with the HNF this weekend.

On the plus side the camera picked up some good ones.:)

Ahburns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    West Lafayette
    I drive an hour to Valpo from central Indiana at least three days a week. En-route I always pay attention to deer activity. Today, leaving Valpo and driving east on 30 at about 4:30 eastern time, I noticed significantly more deer activity than the past few weeks. I really started paying attention after I saw a mature buck chasing a doe across a newly cut corn field. Most of the corn fields along 30 are now cut and every other one seemed to have two or more deer feeding or moving in the open. Best of luck to everyone! Put in the stand time and get your archery buck before gun starts!

.458socomhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Tipp Co
    I saw what was perhaps the largest buck I have seen alive in Valpo last week near the Lake of the Woods Club. Nude hunting? Haven't had much time down here since urban. I hope to score some more venison this weekend.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Out doing some stand repair and checking cameras, decided to look over my southern border where most if any trouble shows up during gun season. No stands that I could find yet, I'll check my border with the HNF this weekend.

On the plus side the camera picked up some good ones.:)

Your 2nd pic looks like hes getting ready to fight would of like to seen the other buck that had him all fired up.... Good pics.. Hope you end up getting one of them 3 all looked good 3.5yr olds plus I would say.... Good luck Leadeye

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I live Fairland Indiana where we have corn fields with small wood patches and then more fields. I have almost hit numerous deer at night but never seen any during the day since we moved here this summer. Yesterday in a patch of woods next to the county road I take in the morning I looked over and saw 4 doe feeding on the woods edge at 8:00am. Later on my way home at 5:30 there was a nice buck and doe meandering around the edge. He was raking his rack in the low hanging trees and she was just feeding. My son thought it was very cool to see the big boy doing that. We parked and watched for about 15 minutes.

My dad hunted in Solsberry yesterday and saw 4 doe and killed a management buck. Seems like they are moving more....according to Field and Stream yesterday was the best day of Nov. to hunt according to the solar charts.

woodwalker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Brownstown
    Went out right after work at 4:15 at 5:00 a small 8 point buck crossed in front of my stand at 40 yards with his nose on the ground. Let him walk . I'm not a trophy hunter but he will be a nice buck next year. Plus my son and nephew hunt in my woods also would make them a nice one to kill. He did stop to eat the clover in the food plot which was very tempting to let one fly

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Had a really decent 9 point walk in with a doe this afternoon. She came to about 80 yards and stood there, upwind, motionless for a good 20 minutes. They mulled around then wandered off back where they came from. They were well upwind so I don't know what changed her mind. First indication of the rut that we've seen other than rubs and scrapes, he wasn't leaving her sight.

Cbabs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    Indy
    Went out this morning. Saw a few does and young bucks. Last 1.5 year old came past at 12. Heading back out now.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Buddy seen 4 does this morning and a shooter come in checked all of them and left.... He didn't stick around, but my buddy said he would of shot him if he would of got the chance... Hes seen alot of bucks so for him to say he would of shot'm it must of been a nice one.... But no real rut action other then him just check'n the does, he wasn't fired up with any of them so none of them must not of been right yet... Start my vacation tomorrow so just got to get thru tonight at work, Im sure its gonna be a long night just waiting to get it over with so I can have the time to hunt like I want....

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Been limited to Sunday hunts only this year. Pretty excited about tomorrow! I got a nice doe last Sunday so I can be picky tomorrow. My neighbor showed me some trail cam pics of a few bruisers as he seems to hold the bucks while I hold a good doe population. I'm going to fore go my beloved funnel sand and sit a new one for this year close to his property and see if I can rattle one of the big boys across the fence line.:):

shift74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Indianapolis/Wanamaker
    Had a young buck attempt to cross my back yard this morning at 10am trying to cross from one bedding area to the other on each side of my house. I live in an urban zone and was a little surprised. Was cooking breakfast and the son said theres a deer in the back yard. I thought not unusual. Thinking it was in the back pasture. Looked out the window and it was about 15 feet from kitchen. First daytime movement I have seen in the area for about 2 weeks. My trail cam has only been picking up 10pm to 3am. Will check and see if he happen to stop by for a pic later today.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Yesterday morning was as about as nice as any to be in a treestand. Perfect south wind for where I wanted to hunt overlooking a thick nasty bedding area. At 7:30 in the morning I was messing with my video camera when I looked up and saw a nice buck walking right to me. He was all alone and I assume late getting back from feeding and dogging does. His right side looked nice. I couldn't really tell about his left side. I decided to end my season and at 15 yards put an arrow through him. 70 yards later he fell over dead. The entire hunt is on video and will feature an exciting new broadhead for 2015 from Magnus Broadheads, that I was field testing. This is the first deer ever killed with this new broadhead design. Hopefully I will be able to put the video online in the coming week and not have to wait for the ATA show to reveal it.

At the end of the day, I was very pleased with this buck. He is the type of buck that I typically shot, just a solid buck. Many would say that they would pass him up, and that is cool. Maybe I should have, but really anymore I am beyond the huge antler fetish and just extremely pleased with this buck and to get this entire hunt on video. The Good Lord gives us these opportunities to take advantage of and I feel blessed to have had this one.

Good luck to all that are still chasing their bucks. They are moving and you need to be in the stand as much as possible right now.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Saw 2 nice bucks this morning. One of them was i'd guess 160 range. chasing a doe. nothing in range. came in for a quick bite then i'm going back out.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just got in from hunting. I thought the stand location was a bust and was all set to move it til today. I saw an average of 3 deer per hour between sunup and 11am. I literally lost count after about 12. Most were very young. I passed on a spike and one a bit bigger. A nice doe also came by but didn't pause for a shot. I am keeping the stand right where it is. I think the bucks are pushing the does around now. Plus the fields on this farm were just cut this week, so they are mixed up now. Hopefully good hunting for me.

DEC - Nice buck. No apologies are needed for that.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I saw 4 small does , 1 small spike and a nice 8 point this morning. I had the 8 poiint inside of 25 yards, but had no shot opportunity.

Top Bottom