Not open for further replies.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    How are they tracked by GPS?

Handheld scanner, Forklift, Walkie... Quite a few folks I have met work at Walmart, Dollar General, TSC that say the bosses know when they take an extra 40 seconds to pee.
    Every minute of the workers day is accounted for. I am doing some fabrication work for a plastic plant in Anderson and the mount of cameras in this place is unbelievable.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    If we can make MRAPs and automatic weapons happen, we can make dashcams and body cams happen too. I doubt City Council decided that the department should have automatic guns and armored vehicles. It was demanded, then the money was allotted. Just keep hearing about “why we can’t” and not “yes we should”. I suppose we could always write our congressmen and try to turn it into law.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Here's where I'm at. Someone working on a car on the side of the road. Some miscommunication. An officer aware of a sidearm. An officer determining if theft is involved. Someone irritated because WTF. Someone with a history of disorderly conduct and resisting law enforcement. A perceived threat. A response. One person knows what happened and it's plausible. There had to be, as I have heard there was, some sort of altercation. I can't get to I shot him because he touched his gun. There's more to it.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Here's where I'm at. Someone working on a car on the side of the road. Some miscommunication. An officer aware of a sidearm. An officer determining if theft is involved. Someone irritated because WTF. Someone with a history of disorderly conduct and resisting law enforcement. A perceived threat. A response. One person knows what happened and it's plausible. There had to be, as I have heard there was, some sort of altercation. I can't get to I shot him because he touched his gun. There's more to it.
    Things happen. People make mistakes. If you can be shot while watching tv in your own apartment, it's not that difficult to believe " hand on gun", or hand on pants near gun, could get you shot.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/30/us/amber-guyger-botham-jean-indicted.html

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Regardless of circumstance, we need to find a way to make the scene secure faster.

There has to be a way one man with one exposed gun can get life saving medical treatment as opposed to dyeing slowly while waiting for it.

That could be ANY one of us laying there on the side of the road, including off duty officers.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I’m wondering how much the out of state license plates on the rental car parked behind broken down vehicle played a roll in maybe making the officer a little more suspicious.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I’m wondering how much the out of state license plates on the rental car parked behind broken down vehicle played a roll in maybe making the officer a little more suspicious.

The Trooper should have run the plates and would have known it was a rental car. We're missing a lot of details that the dead guy can't give us....and apparently the ISP isn't talking either.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'm interested to know why the person was not taken to a Level 1 Trauma Center? No dig on small town hospitals, but our tax dollars contributed heavily toward a Level 1 Trauma Center with a 97% survival rate for a GSW. Not to mention an extremely experienced staff (thanks to the rising crime rate in Indy). If the concern was that the patient was critical why not the appropriate level of care? Hospitals transfer critically injured patients all the time to ensure the highest opportunity for survival.

Just wish we knew more about that decision since the outcome seems to drive the general populations perceptions of good shot/bad shot rather than the facts leading up to unholstering the officers weapon...:twocents:

Not a trauma center, not the place to go if you are shot. Overall rating is a 2.5 with only 20 reviews.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fra...rd=0x8812d7d459551815:0xe41040c9617b493f,1***
    The reason is Crawfordsville Fire Department runs the ambulance service in that area. They only transport to the local hospital. There is another ambulance service locally that would transfer from St Clair to another trauma center.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm interested to know why the person was not taken to a Level 1 Trauma Center? No dig on small town hospitals, but our tax dollars contributed heavily toward a Level 1 Trauma Center with a 97% survival rate for a GSW. Not to mention an extremely experienced staff (thanks to the rising crime rate in Indy). If the concern was that the patient was critical why not the appropriate level of care? Hospitals transfer critically injured patients all the time to ensure the highest opportunity for survival.

Just wish we knew more about that decision since the outcome seems to drive the general populations perceptions of good shot/bad shot rather than the facts leading up to unholstering the officers weapon...:twocents:

Not a trauma center, not the place to go if you are shot. Overall rating is a 2.5 with only 20 reviews.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fra...rd=0x8812d7d459551815:0xe41040c9617b493f,1***

I'm no fan of Cville hospital BUT in this situation it is where I would want myself or my family member taken. It's literally less than 5 minutes from the incident. I would want the victim to go there and get stabilized as quickly as possible.

Even driving at a high rate of speed, it's going to take 40 minutes to get to one of the Indianapolis trauma centers. Lafayette may be slightly closer in miles, but on a 2-lane road even an ambulance can't make great time so that's no better.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The Trooper should have run the plates and would have known it was a rental car. We're missing a lot of details that the dead guy can't give us....and apparently the ISP isn't talking either.
    To the public? Why would they on an open investigation? Why is this so surprising to people?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    To the public? Why would they on an open investigation? Why is this so surprising to people?

Not being a wiseass, but how long does it take to investigate something like this? I mean what is there to investigate other than maybe the troopers statement, counting spent casings and wounds in the carcass and perhaps radio transmissions. There are no 2 sides of the story to get and investigate. It starts to look more and more like they are cooking a story up when they delay. Perhaps if they would just release the trooper name and experience level would help. Right or wrong, if he is a 30 year veteran it will carry more weight with the public than say a rookie trooper.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Not being a wiseass, but how long does it take to investigate something like this? I mean what is there to investigate other than maybe the troopers statement, counting spent casings and wounds in the carcass and perhaps radio transmissions. There are no 2 sides of the story to get and investigate. It starts to look more and more like they are cooking a story up when they delay. Perhaps if they would just release the trooper name and experience level would help. Right or wrong, if he is a 30 year veteran it will carry more weight with the public than say a rookie trooper.

The autopsy probably hasn't been properly written up yet. I assume that is potentially relevant, even if we know the man was shot.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Depends. Typically a formal IA interview happens within 72 hours post incident. Autopsy results. Ballistics tests on the handgun. Witness interviews. AI prepares a formal report and sends it up the chain for review. They will be served a notice of Tort for a Federal Civil Rights violation and they may not release the findings per pending litigation. At most, we might hear the Coroner's report. I'm currently in the middle of a Federal lawsuit from an incident that occurred over 3 years ago that I was JUST depositioned on. I HOPE it goes to trial in June.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Quick investigation = They weren't thorough, they are ignoring evidence, rushing things and sweeping it under the rug! Cover up!

Lengthy investigation = What's taking so long, they are obviously hiding something or cooking up a story! Cover up!

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

I should not have made assumptions in the court of public opinion, as he is no longer here to give his side of the story. For this I apologize.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom