Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think that any rational person can look at the situation and see that the openly carried weapon may have played a bigger role in the person being shot than when or where the incident took place. I am not factoring in the weapons-grade butthurt that rears its head every time anyone suggests that open carry is anything other than a holy ritual ordained by the founding fathers themselves.

:rolleyes:
    I am glad you know what caused the trooper to shoot the guy, it wasn't that apparent to me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Agree, but since we can only get the report from one side we are expected to take it as truth?. I am not saying the officer is lying, but what he says happened may not of been what was really happening, and without video we will never know.
    Time for dash cams?

Exactly, we will never know. There are two sides to this story, but we only have the recollection of the surviving side as to why this situation unfolded as it did.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I am glad you know what caused the trooper to shoot the guy, it wasn't that apparent to me.

Please quote the post where I say that I definitely know what caused the trooper to shoot, and I will gladly donate $100 to the American Society for Reading Comprehension.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Hands up for those of us that have worked on a car by the side of a road. Now... when someone walks up to you on that roadway can you easily heat the when they arent right beside you? What about those of us with hearing impairments and that same situation. “Not following commands” could have just as easily “cannot hear the officer on the side of a road”. That’s not, imo, reason for the death sentence.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Hands up for those of us that have worked on a car by the side of a road. Now... when someone walks up to you on that roadway can you easily heat the when they arent right beside you? What about those of us with hearing impairments and that same situation. “Not following commands” could have just as easily “cannot hear the officer on the side of a road”. That’s not, imo, reason for the death sentence.

We don't even know what commands were given. I can't believe they don't have dash cams to backup the officers recollection.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Good point. Unfortunately, as has been stated several times now, all we'll likely have to go on is the one side of the story.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Considering it was on the side of us231 that is a busy roadway. It’s noisy. It’s narrow. I just can’t wrap my head around the shoot first idea here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Yep, could have, but you don't know (and won't know) if the guy heard the commands or not. I have a pretty fair hunch the trooper will say he did.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    We don't even know what commands were given. I can't believe they don't have dash cams to backup the officers recollection.

Or do they? Neighbor across the road video recorded about 7 minutes AFTER the shooting...the man was apparently alive, laying on his stomach with hands over his head. Did the Trooper ever call for an ambulance? Looks like the guy bled out waiting the Trooper to get him some aid.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Or do they? Neighbor across the road video recorded about 7 minutes AFTER the shooting...the man was apparently alive, laying on his stomach with hands over his head. Did the Trooper ever call for an ambulance? Looks like the guy bled out waiting the Trooper to get him some aid.

I would be that an ambulance was called after the guy was secured. LEOS aren't going to call a bus prior to that.
    Edit: he died at the hospital

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I would be that an ambulance was called after the guy was secured. LEOS aren't going to call a bus prior to that.
    Edit: he died at the hospital

I would think they should get ambo on the way as soon as they are able to relay info, if you can get on radio to report shots fired, they should also start medical

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom