• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I'd like to hear your opinion on why you think this is fishy or a cover-up.

Presumably the same reason people tend to think most heinous acts are cover-ups: they just can't fathom that a single person or small group of people is capable of such an unthinkable act, so they assume that a larger, more powerful entity with vast resources is really to blame. Everyone knows that the US government can bomb the living daylights out of a building, but when Timmy from down the street does it the mind boggles and looks for a less surprising scenario.

edit: 20 kids are dead due to that lunatic. I don't find the theories credible in the least, and I don't want to believe it. It's horrific.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Police waited 6 minutes after arriving before entering. They heard shooting and still did not enter. No they didn't commit the act but they didn't succeed in stopping it either, which seemed to be within their means and their job. Didn't columbine teach Leo's anything?
    the whole story is fishy. Proof of the truth is all around. Separating truth from fiction will take time and I wouldn't trust the authorities to find it. For now I have my own opinion. Until I see better evidence.

Fishy indeed, but just like at the Navy Yard shooting, SWAT were told to 'stand down' until specialized forces could arrive at the scene. Probably the case at Sandy Hook too.

As to the conspiracy theories, and those who ask, what is there to gain from something like this? Simple: Get the masses to hate guns. Slowly begin the push towards disarming. We won't see it in our lifetimes, not fully, but I think we'll continue to see more bans, "limits" and restrictions due to all of this. Fact is gun ownership has increased over the past few decades and overall gun related violence has decreased. But black guns are scary and they can be used for bad, so they should be banned.

Take a look at the photos of Adam Lanza's bedroom: Photos From Sandy Hook Shooter Adam Lanza's Home - Business Insider I copied some particular ones and re-uploaded them elsewhere to show below:

p4Jtu3R.png

Oh no! Targets with holes! Someone had fun with a .22

dJBjXz6.png

Not another target!

RWexOcG.png

Wannabe mallcops beware, buy your BDUs with cash only!

wyic4fB.png

AHH!! It's a black gun! AGHH! Look at these books! AHHH!

I'm not going to deny the fact that something horrible happened that day. Don't mistake this as me downplaying a very serious issue. I'm just saying... I'm keeping my mind open to all possibilities here.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Presumably the same reason people tend to think most heinous acts are cover-ups: they just can't fathom that a single person or small group of people is capable of such an unthinkable act, so they assume that a larger, more powerful entity with vast resources is really to blame. Everyone knows that the US government can bomb the living daylights out of a building, but when Timmy from down the street does it the mind boggles and looks for a less surprising scenario.

edit: 20 kids are dead due to that lunatic. I don't find the theories credible in the least, and I don't want to believe it. It's horrific.

I've been a cop for 19 years and have seen some truly ****ed-up ****, so I can fathom pretty much anything. Hence my disbelief of a conspiracy or cover-up.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The kid was nuts. His mother was in denial and not the most stable person on the planet. Result: Bad things happened.

Americans rarely are sufficiently organized enough to hit their ass with both hands, much less conspire with one another in an effective manner.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The kid was nuts. His mother was in denial and not the most stable person on the planet. Result: Bad things happened.

This example where a doting mom, an absentee dad, and a kid with a lot of mental problems combined for a disastrous result. Yet instead of looking for solutions to that problem, our press and government tries to make it into a problem which gun control can solve.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    This example where a doting mom, an absentee dad, and a kid with a lot of mental problems combined for a disastrous result. Yet instead of looking for solutions to that problem, our press and government tries to make it into a problem which gun control can solve.

If the crazies didn't have access to any guns, I don't think the thought of driving a car at high speed through the bus pickup line would ever occur to them... :rolleyes:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    RE: the comment about: "Didn't the leos learn anything from Columbine?"

Emergency response planning is not monolithic, and neither is training around the country. There is no "standardized" procedure for mass shooting incidents; no standard for police/fire/ems training in these areas, so various jurisdictions conduct their training (or not) as their chains-of-command deem reasonable. The delay in entering the school between the time the first officers arrived and the last shot was fired might have as much to do with "gearing up" as it did with getting organized to enter the school. Second-guessing the school, police, etc. is an easy way to ease into a conspiracy. After all, what WE can see so clearly after the act HAD to have been evident to those on the scene at the time? Right?

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    The report said an AR was found next to his body inside the school. And I have confirmation from two Connecticut State Police homicide detectives that I went to a training class with that both an AR and a shotgun were used in the incident.

That's funny a Newtown officer who was one of the first on the scene said a pump shotgun was found in the trunk of the car. No AR was found. He also stated only a handful of empty pistol casings was found on the floor.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Americans rarely are sufficiently organized enough to hit their ass with both hands, much less conspire with one another in an effective manner.

Mostly true.

Conspiracy's take effort....lots of effort and secrecy. Most folks I know can't keep a secret to save themselves.

Last edited:

uberpeck

Marksman
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Was anyone else watching the events on the television the day this happened? If so, you will remember skycams capturing video of a foot based pursuit of suspects by the police. I remember it clear as day. The police eventually caught the suspects in the woods and the chopper cams even caught the officers handcuffing those guys on the ground. There were two of them. What happened to those guys?

This is is why conspiracy exists, because the events are not fully explained?

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    f. Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes having been adjudicated incompetent to manage your own
    affairs) or have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled
    substance?

Not sure some of you guys should be answering no to these questions.

Just sayin

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Was anyone else watching the events on the television the day this happened? If so, you will remember skycams capturing video of a foot based pursuit of suspects by the police. I remember it clear as day. The police eventually caught the suspects in the woods and the chopper cams even caught the officers handcuffing those guys on the ground. There were two of them. What happened to those guys?

This is is why conspiracy exists, because the events are not fully explained?

If memory serves those 2 were questioned and released.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The report said an AR was found next to his body inside the school. And I have confirmation from two Connecticut State Police homicide detectives that I went to a training class with that both an AR and a shotgun were used in the incident.

The shotgun was found in the trunk of the car... confirmed by video

Top Bottom