• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Cathy and Sean are sitting here glued to the screen, and I told them not to be too disappointed if they don't get on since nothing happened LOL.

They still think it's cool that the guy who interviewed them is the Fox59 anchor.

LOL that's funny. I know what it's like, I did the same thing the times I was interviewed. I hope they make it, I just know how the media works. If it were a slow news day, they probably would be on right away... however there is a lot of other "news" going on today.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, I reckon we'll have to disagree on that. I'll discuss it on another board if you wish, where you and another mod in particular cannot abuse your mod authority here.

I'm sure that would not happen. Just waiting on the wife to let me know how much money we have left after her shopping spree.

FYI, I will not discuss anything on another forum that I posted on INGO.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    You may have a valid point, but did anyone contact the owner of this forum to discuss these points? Besides, to he honest Joe, I don't think it's INGO that keeps these activities from achieving more turnout. Based on your past posts, I would venture to say it's POSSIBLY you and people such as yourself, along with several other possible reasons.

Everyone will not agree with anything. But, even if I don't necessarily agree with how the event takes place, I could support SJ, Cru and other organizers like them. They have their heads on straight and understand that an adverse opinion can provide some though for consideration and is not always a personal attack.

I am in the process of developing some thoughts for an event and will contact the owners of INGO, INS and other forums, to solicit their support. Does that mean that every member of their forums will agree or support? No! But, I would like to at least approach them to see about garnering their personal support and the use of their site names. They may say no and if so, that will not make them my enemy or the enemy of gun rights. It just may mean they don't like or appreciate my idea.

Also, what could INGO have done to be "more proactive in helping" this event be successful? That is information that could be useful next time.
    :yesway:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Apparently they have not have enough interactions with the media to know they were being interviewed by a scumbag.:D

I had a long, and I thought good, chat with him, though not an interview. I thought it was interesting, hopefully he'll give a balanced report if the event makes the news at all. Frankly, from a news standpoint, it may not be worth airtime. Nothing exciting happened!

I got the impression he may be worth reaching out to to see if he may be interested in learning more about shooting sports, which could lead to more interest in gun rights and self defense.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    My :twocents:..
    It would be one thing for a few thousand people to come "meet and greet" if our 2nd Amendment Right was in the process of being taken away... the point is that it is not. I agree with the 2nd Amendment 120%, but I'm not going to go walking through the street of downtown Indianapolis when its 32 degrees outside to tell people it it our right to carry (especially when a majority of the bunch know its a right and just don't care).

Prove to me our right is being taken away and I will be standing next to you on Washington Street during the next event!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My :twocents:..
    It would be one thing for a few thousand people to come "meet and greet" if our 2nd Amendment Right was in the process of being taken away... the point is that it is not. I agree with the 2nd Amendment 120%, but I'm not going to go walking through the street of downtown Indianapolis when its 32 degrees outside to tell people it it our right to carry (especially when a majority of the bunch know its a right and just don't care).

Prove to me our right is being taken away and I will be standing next to you on Washington Street during the next event!

Are you familiar with the specific impetus for this particular event?

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Are you familiar with the specific impetus for this particular event?

I figured it was like every other "meet and greet" that INGO members have participated in.. walking around downtown explaining to Indiana Residents that it is our 2nd Amendment Right to bare arms.

if this is not the case I apoligize...

but just reading the first couple posts of this thread I don't see why this event took place. If it were more clear, I'd imagine you would have a bigger turnout :dunno:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Taking the comments of 2 or 3 cops on officer.com and applying it to the rest of us is about as ignorant as me taking the comments of 2 or 3 INGOers and applying it to the rest of them. Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one and most of them stink.
    I agree with that, but it would have been nice to see some officers there express another opinion. It could be that the forum is not busy enough that such a thing would necessarily happen.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The thread on officer.com was about the OC walk on 11/01, there hasn't been a thread posted over there about today's walk. The meeting that SJ and IndyMonkey had with the representatives from IMPD and ISP guaranteed that there wasn't going to be a "confrontation", unless one of the walkers or an uninvolved person did something to necessitate one. I didn't take it personally, I just wanted to provide the definition of harassment, since it is sometimes improperly used. ;)

I'm glad the walk went well and without incident. I heard that the INGOers and the cops were on their best behavior. :yesway:
    Actually they reference the "maroons" at todays event starting on post 38...Rifle toters trolling for drama at the City Market

just an FYI..

That site is a real eye opener to say the least, maybe not an eye opener, just more affirmation of an opinion...:xmad:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Thats the one!

Then he wasn't OCing he was CCing very badly. I just went back to officers.com and did some math. It wasn't 2 or 3 it was more like 13 different cops calling citizens "retards" and "morons". While not the entire force, it is enough to make an honest person worry.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Que, I would like to point out that the last time I asked Fenway to lend the INGO name and help out with the event. The answer is always a sharp unequivocal NO.

As for what we're doing wrong, this time and last, maybe you could point that out and we could build on that for next time?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom