• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If INGO isn't sponsoring this event, why are you mods semi-freaking out NOW?

Because we were the ones on the phone fielding questions about this event and answering the question of "what is INGO's official position on this sort of thing". I don't like talking to the media, especially about something that I am not involved with. We are worried about how the media will portray this site and it's members.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Because we were the ones on the phone fielding questions about this event and answering the question of "what is INGO's official position on this sort of thing". I don't like talking to the media, especially about something that I am not involved with. We are worried about how the media will portray this site and it's members.

Since it's not an INGO sponsored event you have nothing to worry about. Just tell them you have a neutral position (if it is so) and they should contact the organizers of the event. If this is what you did, there should be no issues or worries on your part.

If you do, then like I said, get involved. If not, then don't.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Since it's not an INGO sponsored event you have nothing to worry about. Just tell them you have a neutral position (if it is so) and they should contact the organizers of the event. If this is what you did, there should be no issues or worries on your part.

The bit about the neutral position is EXACTLY what she was told. The site/staff do not endorse or condemn this, or any other activity that we did not directly have a hand in organizing.

No worries on our part? Really? What if they (the media) paint ALL gun owners as kooks and attention whores because of this? They throw the INGO name into the story and suddenly all 12k members of this site are kooks and attention whores. That's one concern I/we have. How do you not see that?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The bit about the neutral position is EXACTLY what she was told. The site/staff do not endorse or condemn this, or any other activity that we did not directly have a hand in organizing.

No worries on our part? Really? What if they (the media) paint ALL gun owners as kooks and attention whores because of this? They throw the INGO name into the story and suddenly all 12k members of this site are kooks and attention whores. That's one concern I/we have. How do you not see that?

I do see it. What I don't see is you getting involved to make sure that doesn't happen.

And what happens if they do paint us all as kooks and attention whores? Aren't we already Right-Winged-Domestic-Extremists hell bent on taking over government first chance we get? Apparently because that's all the media ever says about us.

So why not get out there and explain otherwise? Why would you NOT want to get out there and defend yourself? If this goes bad and you put yourself out there, you look bad too. However, if this goes great and you put yourself out there, you look great too. If you don't get involved and it goes bad, you have no place to whine about it later. If it goes good and you don't get involved, you can't exactly say you were there to help.

Why can't you see THAT?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I do see it. What I don't see is you getting involved to make sure that doesn't happen.

I didn't go out of my way to get involved. She contacted INGO, not the other way around.

And what happens if they do paint us all as kooks and attention whores? Aren't we already Right-Winged-Domestic-Extremists hell bent on taking over government first chance we get? Apparently because that's all the media ever says about us.
    I have not ever had, nor do I currently have any desire to comment on that.

So why not get out there and explain otherwise? Why would you NOT want to get out there and defend yourself? If this goes bad and you put yourself out there, you look bad too. However, if this goes great and you put yourself out there, you look great too. If you don't get involved and it goes bad, you have no place to whine about it later. If it goes good and you don't get involved, you can't exactly say you were there to help.

Because I flat don't care to get involved in those types of activities. I choose to support the shooting sports and the Second Amendment in other ways. What you do to support those things is up to you. I have absolutely zero desire to whine about it afterwords and, conversely, I have an equal amount of desire to latch on to the coattails of such an event if it is successful.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

Why can't you see THAT?

This post makes zero sense to me.

Like, none whatsoever.

I didnt get the impression he was concerned how he looked... at all. Either way.

I cant tell which direction this whole thing is going... I just hope it ends up postive for all of us.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This post makes zero sense to me.

Like, none whatsoever.

I didnt get the impression he was concerned how he looked... at all. Either way.

I cant tell which direction this whole thing is going... I just hope it ends up postive for all of us.

Ok, what parts do you need explained? I'm sure I can simplify it for you... :dunno:

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    Having media coverage for this event may be a very positive thing, at least in one regard. I can't see soccer moms "FREAKING OUT" when there are TV cameras following along with the gun toters.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Having cameras with us would be great IMO, I did invite Joanna to join us on the walk so she can see first hand that we are out to educate.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Whatever. I just saw the "BLACK FRIDAY WALK" at the bottom of the screen. :laugh: I couldn't hear over all the stupid LOUD people in my house..... :rolleyes: :laugh:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Given that at least one mod appears to think we are going to look like kooks, I've got serious doubts that "neutral" is the correct word.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Just reiterating this, just in case someone says you are calling participants "kooks". ;)

Good luck guys!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Who initiated the interactions between the media and INGO? Was it solely based on their reading the site? Just curious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom