Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I should not say this ... If you wan to make a splash and do and in and out quickly ... Go to the Apple store in Castelton ... Apple has the highest foot traffic per SQ . ft of any store in the mall ... the young kids that work there would be bewildered .. it's close to a mall entrance ... you could go in stand for 3 to 5 min .... and get out before they could call and get security ...
    Why did I print this now they will want to do it ...:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

I went to the Apple Store up in Mishawaka. There were 2 cops and 4 mall blarts standing outside the store.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Guys, I am starting to think that since the television media is involved, it might be a good idea to limit the infighting.

Yes, lol... a guy who uses half-naked preteens in his avatar and another guy who loves being handcuffed are our ambassadors.... <KINKY!!!!!> but I think we should support them.

They know some of us think this is a terrible idea, but they ARE going to do it anyway, and I think we need to make sure this goes off as peaceably, and positively as possible.

I dont think trying to change their minds has any point now.

Its all about HOW they do it, and what they do, and wether the media lies about it.

History, is about to be made in Indianapolis, on Black Friday and I really hope it ends up positively.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Guys, I am starting to think that since the television media is involved, it might be a good idea to limit the infighting.

Yes, lol... a guy who uses half-naked preteens in his avatar and another guy who loves being handcuffed are our ambassadors.... <KINKY!!!!!> but I think we should support them.

If you are here to support us, then why are you taking stabs? :dunno:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Sorry, trying to make a joke. Really wasnt trying to take stabs, heck I have a rabbit eating some sort of policeman as my avatar.

I really do think this is past the point of debate, and we have to fall behind you and SJ and give our support.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Carrying guns around the mall equated to the forefathers?? What they gave their blood for? Seriously?

As others have said, seriously think about the benefit to risk ratio. IMO shock tactics on a day like black Friday will result in further restrictions and less rights before if "educates" the sheeple.

To each their own.

Uh yeah...Do you think they would be upset if they were told that they had to leave their 6 shooters on their horse while in shopping at the local mercantile?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I want to see the politician that introduces a bill and uses law abiding citizens as an example of why we need more gun laws.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Uh yeah...Do you think they would be upset if they were told that they had to leave their 6 shooters on their horse while in shopping at the local mercantile?

Did they have six shooters? :):

I really don't think Ben and the other leaders inended for us to carry rifles around in mass on Black Friday.
    We already have the right to carry in the mall (most places in IN) on Friday (Mon, Tues, Wed, etc). Merchants have the right to ask us to leave and we can choose to not support them. My point is that a large group strutting around the mall on the busiest day of the shopping year may not be the best idea. Goes back to the earlier post where someone asked about the risk/benefit.

And no, the risk does not compare to what the forefathers risked.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/119051-oc_event_on_black_friday_-_poll.html

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Well, I haven't heard anything back from Simon malls on their policy. Time to start looking for individuals to email rather than their general "I have a question" email.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    hey Indytechnerd, if its going to be on the news tonight, I doubt the mall DOESNT know about it. Just sayin. Might save ya a few emails.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    The Following is specific to the Anchorage 5th Ave. Mall. however the wording is identical for EVERY Simon property in The United States.

Google "Simon malls policy on firearms."

Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall Guest Services | Contact Us
    Simon Malls said:
    Rules and Regulations of Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall
    A Smoke Free Property​
    Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall is private property. All patrons and visitors of the Mall are required to abide by the following conduct policy.​

• Appropriate non-offensive attire, including shirts and shoes, must be worn at all times.
    • Disruptive conduct that is disorderly or which annoys, obstructs, interferes or endangers others is prohibited. Examples of such conduct includes, but is not limited to shouting, screaming, noisy or boisterous activities, loud music, throwing objects, running, skating, “Heelys”, skateboarding, rollerblading, bicycling, or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicle traffic.
    • Riding “Segways” or other motorized devices, except by persons with a mobility disability in accordance with Shopping Center’s rules and regulations regarding said devices, is not permitted.
    • Fighting, using physical force, verbal threats or intimidation, obscene language, profanity or gestures, racial, religious or ethnic slurs, sexually explicit language or conduct are prohibited.
    • Engaging in any unlawful activity or behavior is prohibited.
    • Possession or carrying of firearms or weapons of any kind, openly or concealed, with or without a permit is prohibited.
    • Possessing open containers of alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol is prohibited.
    • Wearing clothing or apparel or engaging in behavior of any kind that may provoke a disturbance or incite other groups or the members of the general public to potential violence or conflict is prohibited.
    • Photographing, videotaping, and filming the interior or exterior of the property for any purpose without prior written consent of mall management is prohibited.
    • Loitering, lingering, delaying, blocking storefronts, fire exits or escalators, and walking in groups in such a way as to obstruct or inconvenience others is prohibited.
    • Discarding litter anywhere on property, except in designated trash receptacle is prohibited.
    • Defacing, damaging, or destroying any real or personal property belonging to the Shopping Center or any of its tenants, employees or patrons.
    • Picketing, distributing handbills, soliciting and petitioning is prohibited without prior written consent of the Shopping Center, which may be withheld within the Center’s sole discretion is prohibited.
    • Only service animals trained to assist persons with disabilities are permitted within the Shopping Center.
    • Smoking, in any form, is prohibited inside the Shopping Center.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    The Following is specific to the Anchorage 5th Ave. Mall. however the wording is identical for EVERY Simon property in The United States.

Google "Simon malls policy on firearms."

Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall Guest Services | Contact Us

So, if that applies to me, then it also applies to LEO...as I saw no exceptions.

If LEO are allowed to maintain their firearms while in the mall, then so am I.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Bah, my google-fu must be weak. "simon malls weapons policy" gets a bunch of forum discussions (like this one). Anyway, I found an email address for security (Simon Property Group) and asked them specifically what their official policy is. I think I'm going to create an email address specifically for poking corporate types regarding their draconian policies. It could turn out to be a fun hobby.

Last edited:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

according to the site all my avatars are of legal age

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :popcorn:

I got the SAME negative responses when I tried to do my first OC event. Only it was more harsh. I'm sorry, but if you want to worry about what COULD happen, there are plenty of paranoia groups out there willing to listen. We've been through this twice and we know the risks. Look at Ohio. They did the SAME thing and WON their right to carry there. They weren't cowards. They went out on a mission and came back victorious.

We're not going to be walking around guns held high in the air popping off rounds. Some guys won't even have loaded mags in their rifles. This is about education. Not a political rally like the TEA Parties. If anyone has a political motivation for being out there, fine. Whatever gets them off their butt to DO something. We're all adults here and most of us have enough brains to conduct ourselves in a professional manner. Current poster excluded.... :):

I do have to ask.... If INGO isn't sponsoring this event, why are you mods semi-freaking out NOW? After the last two events where absolutely nothing went wrong except no media showing up, why does the early involvement of the media worry you? It shouldn't. You should see this as an OPPORTUNITY. If you are so worried about how things will be handled, GET INVOLVED.

This event IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Media coverage is GOING TO HAPPEN this time. If you want your voice heard, GET INVOLVED. If you don't step up and get involved, you have no leg to stand on if something doesn't go the way you would have liked. If you want to make sure things go in a smooth controlled way.....

GET INVOVLED. DON'T SIT AT HOME. TAKE A SICK DAY.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom