Oakland City Man Arrested after Dispute over Alleged Illegal Burn???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    We've got a neighbor that loves to burn Ash on clear, beautiful summer nights, turning the area into the equivalent of a Florida orange grove freeze with smudge pots.

A nice oak or pine fire wouldn't be bad at all. But this guy's fires smell like garbage.
    Are you sure he's burning Ash? The Ash I've burned doesn't smell like that. I've heard Elm can smell, and that Tree of Heaven is disgusting.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Had a neighbor who was a state trooper. He could go down to the Pike County paper and review the story and facts then double check everything was correct. Then when the paper came out they just ignored everything he said.
    The truth is rarely very interesting unless it's sensational on its own otherwise "tweeking" helps.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm not 100% positive. I know it's not one of the "preferred" woods. We used some ash in our own fireplace a few years back and I certainly didn't like the smell.
    The ash I've burned in the firepit was a pretty mild smell, but there are a couple of different kinds of ash so they may smell different. Hopefully I'm remembering right because I've got about a cord or two to split...

Loser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2021
    Ft.white,fla.
    State Police Header Image 3
    INDIANA STATE POLICE
    EVANSVILLE DISTRICT
    19411 Highway 41 North
    Evansville, IN 47725
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​

Sgt. Todd Ringle
    Public Information Officer
    October 1, 2021
    State Police section divider

Oakland City Man Arrested after Dispute over Alleged Illegal Burn
    Gibson County – Thursday night, September 30, at approximately 7:45 p.m., Oakland City Fire Department responded to an illegal burn on the property of 123 South Jackson Street. Firefighters were discussing the city burn ordinance with the homeowner, Anthony Maltimore, 37, when a nearby neighbor, Timothy Lance, 59, approached the homeowner. Lance and Maltimore started to argue over the incident and firefighters stepped in between the two men to separate them. Lance produced a handgun and allegedly pointed it at Maltimore and toward several firefighters.

Oakland City Police and Indiana State Police responded to the scene. After investigating the alleged incident, Trooper Roberts arrested Lance for Intimidation, a Level 5 Felony and Pointing a Firearm, a Class A Misdemeanor. Lance was taken to the Gibson County Jail where he was later released after posting bond.
    No injuries were reported during this incident.

Arresting Officer: Trooper Doug Roberts, Indiana State Police
    Assisting Officer: Trooper CJ Boeckman, Indiana State Police
    Assisting Agency: Oakland City Police
    -30-
    RINGLE
    All criminal defendants are to be presumed innocent until, and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

o
    Make ALL gun owners look bad

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Luckily I have better neighbors that would have brought over marshmallows or a covered dish and left their guns the holsters.

If I burn, my neighbor burns and vice versa. No food but in the fall we both do wet leaves to irritate the wokey Karen's. Fun to have them call the fire protection district and complain. FPD comes out and waves as they drive by. I live on a county road with a big subdivision and golf course nearby.
    Makes for a great afternoon!

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    So Tim lives in a hallway?

My place is pretty dang small, but at least I can't reach over and touch both sides from the outside.
    Around here we call them mobile homes aka tornado targets. This one appears to even have a pitched roof at that; bet'n he's the envy of all his neighbors.

Top Bottom