51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh, and I am bringing a RED wagon.

Like this?
    milkcratecart.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Or like the yellow one in OP?
    Also only bringing the combat master 1911 compact?
    Not sure if I missed your list of stuff?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Like this?
    NOPE

Or like the yellow one in OP?
    NOPE

But you will be impressed mightily :rockwoot:

I'll give you a hint, its big enough to fit both your BBQ grill and my BBQ grill but still small enough to fit into my daughter's little red VW Jetta.

Also only bringing the combat master 1911 compact?
    Not sure if I missed your list of stuff?
    So far nobody has actually asked for me to bring anything, that is usually what I base my list of gun on, but its not been forthcoming.

So far the yellow 6.5 Grendel with the new AR-Gold trigger is coming and the new Limited Edition CombatMaster.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I should be there. On my lonesome again since the wife is probably working, and I don't think the mistress wants to come either :D

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I probably will not be there, although I'm toying with the idea of making a short surprise visit. I'll see how my night goes at work.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SAD NEWS. Its about 99% sure that I will NOT be bringing a brand new modular 1911 from Detonics. It looks like my new gun will begin shipping the week AFTER our INGO shoot. There is a remote possibility that the guns will be shipping before the end of next week. If I get it it will be with me.

I'm just not counting on it. I'm getting the compact version.

1.jpg

If you don't have the Millet DMS mounted on anything yet I'd love to use it again.

I think it is just sitting on top of one of my safes. I'll bring it back. I've got 2 AR15 builds in various stages of progress and have been playing with my 6.5 Grendel that I just installed the AR-Gold trigger system into so I've not had the chance (or desire, or need) to remount that scope.

I'll bring it for you.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Well put me down as a yes. The only way i cant come is with work or truck issues. But i plan on coming. I will have my
    sigma 40 s&w ( if you are used to nice and easy triggers this is not for you. Also does not like lefties)
    Gsg5p hope to test with 100 round drum before hand.
    Remington 510 but right now i cant get it to cycle reliably.
    j stevens single shot lever action 32.40 i have no ammo though
    for all others i have some.
    Edit... also melensdad would federal 45 be good for your 1911?
    And anyone bringing a rock island 45 or anything in 308?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Any factory brass case ammo seems to work. Blaser Aluminum case seems to stick in the chamber because it has a tight spec chamber.

The gun seems to function with all factory loads that I've tried. Reloads are also functioning reliably, but the 185 grain semi-wad cutters would not reliably feed. These are LIGHT loads that would not push the slide all the way back.

Every brand of hollowpoint that I've tried, in every weight I have in my ammo locker has functioned 100%. 230 grain FMJ (the only weight I've tried) has also functioned reliably.

1-25.jpg

Last edited:

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Would you, melensdad allow me to put a few factory brass ammo down the pipe of your 1911? Was wanting to tryout a compact to see how it is.
    thanks
    dan

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I am, unfortunately, only a maybe for this one.
    If I do manage to come it'll be to just sight-in the 22 with the new scope mounts and double check the 12 ga and ol' rusty for deer season.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Would you, melensdad allow me to put a few factory brass ammo down the pipe of your 1911? Was wanting to tryout a compact to see how it is.
    thanks
    dan

I bring the guns for people to shoot, just find the gun, load it and blast away.

I'm only cautioning against ALUMINUM ammo because I've gotten it stuck and because the factory now (thanks to my problem) does not recommend ALUMINUM cased ammo. I've also had light reloads pose problems, but those were simply loaded too light to cycle the gun properly, no fault of the gun. If you have factory ammo, or good quality reloads, or can find some of my ammo (I usually bring enough) then any of those is good to shoot in the guns I bring.

BTW, this new one is the ONLY one to which I warn about ALUMINUM ammo. I have other compact 45acps with the looser chamber and those guns are fine for Blazer Aluminum ammo.

I'm not an ammo snob, just don't want other people to have a problem while shooting my guns.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Sweet! Lol i saw in another post that you had a warthog and another 1911 in 9mm would def love to try them if i could as i am going to start looking for a new edc.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Sweet! Lol i saw in another post that you had a warthog and another 1911 in 9mm would def love to try them if i could as i am going to start looking for a new edc.

OK, then I'll bring a WARTHOG and a CARRY 9 in addition to the Limited Edition CombatMaster and the 6.5 Grendel/AR15, also as a special request for one member a scope w/mount.

The Warthog is a double stack compact 1911 in 45acp
    The Carry 9 is a single stack LDA trigger 1911 in 9mm
    The L.E. CombatMaster is a single stack compact 1911 in 45acp

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The Warthog is a double stack compact 1911 in 45acp

OMG all this time you have had a warthog and I did not know about it! :faint: I've been wanting to shoot one for about 3 years now since I first saw them down in IL at an open house they had. For sure I'll be bringing some ammo.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OMG all this time you have had a warthog and I did not know about it! :faint: I've been wanting to shoot one for about 3 years now since I first saw them down in IL at an open house they had. For sure I'll be bringing some ammo.
    That Warthog has been to several shoots!!!

BTW, this particular gun was purchased used for $500 because it was unreliable and prone to FTF and FTE. In my hands it has NEVER failed. But I have been at INGO shoots with other folks who weak wrist it and it will jam up on them.

My general observation is that roughly 99% of the problems with 1911 pistols fall into 2 groups.
    1 - shooter error
    2 - magazine spring issues

I'd love to try any 1911 in 9mm. I am addicted to the 1911, and I want one in 9mm.

I had 1911s at the last shoot in 9mm, 38Super and 45acp. I know you were at that shoot!!!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I'm gonna be there this time... and I will have the Saiga 12 onsite for someone to warm up if you like... bring 2 3/4 inch 12 guage if you want to run her.... Otherwise I'll have the Charger 1022 and some other 22's and 38/357's, and 9mm's out there with me if you want to shoot any just bring whatever ammo you can bring...

Any other requests le tme know...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom