NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I use stracks often. They are just too conveniently located for me not to. Prices up and quality down is a common theme in the current state of the economy. Costco has become the “bulk” of our shopping we do one big trip a month. Stracks fills in all the gaps. Come summer time……. Hoping to have most of it growing myself.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Strack and Van Til bought Wise Way. Albertsons's bought Jewel. The Van Tils on 169th Ave. in Hessville, near the 169th/Kennedy intersection is not part of the Hy-Vee deal as it is independently owned and not part of the Strack and Van Til chain.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I use stracks often. They are just too conveniently located for me not to. Prices up and quality down is a common theme in the current state of the economy. Costco has become the “bulk” of our shopping we do one big trip a month. Stracks fills in all the gaps. Come summer time……. Hoping to have most of it growing myself.
    Menards with it's 11% rebates on everything (grocery's) and Aldi's are my go to.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Coownership is difficult
    The man that taught me carpentry 42 years ago, went in partners with his best friend when they first started out on their own.

He got burned. He once told me never go in partners.

Three years later he tells me he is going in partners with another contractor. I told him, a very wise man once told me to never do that. He asked who, I said you.

He wound up getting burned again.

I really like him to this day, I felt really bad about it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Talked to a former employee from 1101 and the two owners couldn't agree on who's responsibility
    tasks were so they are closed.
    Guess it's Elements in Highland, Level Up in Dyer and Karma now. I alternate.
    Hmmm....

I was the original owner of 1101. I sold it to one guy who I know ran it individually for several years. I wonder if he sold to 2 guys? Or if he took on a partner? It did look closed when I went buy last.

Top Bottom