NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Anyone got a preferred lawnmower place repair or by/trade in. My dad had a place on ridge road but for the life of me I can’t remember where it was.

My daughter is mowing lawns…… and the lawnmower she was borrowing just puked out all its oil. That’s why i hate borrowing stuff
    Terpstras is on Glenn Park in Griffith, can't think of anything on Ridge. Burke's on 30 was ok when I went in for some smaller items, Heinold & Feller was good when I had a husqvarna and needed service. Now I go to Gruel on Main in CP if I need anything, although I've swapped to EGO for the lawn, they still get my snowblower service.

If she needs a STIHL string trimmer or Husqvarna leaf blower, I have them I was planning on selling. Could probably use a quick tune up, but the blower has a new carb. I'd let them go cheap.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Anyone got a preferred lawnmower place repair or by/trade in. My dad had a place on ridge road but for the life of me I can’t remember where it was.
    Probably was Dan and Dave's if it was in Hobart. No longer there however

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Installer error on the second one?
    Could be? Not really sure. But the old belt had come off several times so I suspect there is another problem.

New belt was a lot tighter than the old one. I moved the pulley mount (it has several pre-set locations) to take some of the pressure off the belt. It was spinning properly, but still seemed tight. Maybe I should have moved it 2 spots. But when I tried it 2 spots over it seemed too lose. Maybe it was the wrong belt? I had it in my garage, seemed about an inch too short but I chalked that up to stretch since the old belt is 5+ years old.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Could be? Not really sure. But the old belt had come off several times so I suspect there is another problem.

New belt was a lot tighter than the old one. I moved the pulley mount (it has several pre-set locations) to take some of the pressure off the belt. It was spinning properly, but still seemed tight. Maybe I should have moved it 2 spots. But when I tried it 2 spots over it seemed too lose. Maybe it was the wrong belt? I had it in my garage, seemed about an inch too short but I chalked that up to stretch since the old belt is 5+ years old.
    Did you apply some duct tape?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Looks like the wife has volunteered me to do 30# of pulled pork for the FD in 10 days. All the fireman I've fed have loved it so they thought I'd be a good candidate for cooking for a Project Fire Buddies meeting coming upon the 27th. Guess I'll oblige for the good cause.

Anyone see some good deals on pork shoulders/butts?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    New member from the area

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Looks like the wife has volunteered me to do 30# of pulled pork for the FD in 10 days. All the fireman I've fed have loved it so they thought I'd be a good candidate for cooking for a Project Fire Buddies meeting coming upon the 27th. Guess I'll oblige for the good cause.

Wonder if there is some local who would give a discount for a cause.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wow my kids mowing is off to a dismal start…….. first borrowed my dads mower to do my moms lawn and a couple others…… rod gone puked out the oil…… found a guy in portage selling used / refurbished mowers (he was in my dads phone as lawn mower guy)

so took the blown up one for a $20 credit….. got the other one….. started mowing got halfway and it locks up…I take it back to him it won’t pull for him he tips it over it works….. …

Go finish my mom’s lawn….. go to do the next one….. locks up again. Took a brick to break the blade free then it could be started providing you can pull it enough times for the fuel to clear from tipping it. Did that about 5x barely made it through the tiny lawn hurt like heck guy won’t pick up..

Finally calls back says he will just give me a different one annoyed it happened but happy the guy is willing to deal with me I know used stuff is typically “as is”

Good lesson for my girls there is more that goes into business than what you see.

I will likely get this next one see how it goes if it gives any issues….. electric start will be on the next one after multiple back surgeries I’m done pulling cords.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012

I got some running around lol

Attachments

• IMG_7150.jpeg
      IMG_7150.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 7

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Got about 3/4 of it done when a belt on the mower deck shredded.

Replaced the belt with the only spare I had, made another pass and that one shredded.

Me thinks that there is a spindle or pulley problem.
    Better try a third belt just to make sure!

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Grass seed that I put down is finally starting to sprout. Only in some area's though. Gonna give it a few more days before I go by a different kind of turf patch.

Top Bottom