NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I've never seen it described as anything other than albino. How do you tell an anterless white tail from a fallow?
    Fallow deer are short and fat shorter nose they have them in petting zoos / raised for commercial venison. They look like a mix between a goat and a deer lol

someone said that this deer escaped from the lake county fair petting zoo? Not sure if that is true or not.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Fallow deer are short and fat shorter nose they have them in petting zoos / raised for commercial venison. They look like a mix between a goat and a deer lol

someone said that this deer escaped from the lake county fair petting zoo? Not sure if that is true or not.
    That would explain why it always just hung around town like that if true, rather than acting like a normal deer. If it was zoo'd or ranched. I never really thought about it. I used to see her pretty regularly on my way to work. If it was really in town all the time because people were feeding it, there would be other deer. They ain't solitary after all if they are wild. Interesting possible origin story.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    That would explain why it always just hung around town like that if true, rather than acting like a normal deer. If it was zoo'd or ranched. I never really thought about it. I used to see her pretty regularly on my way to work. If it was really in town all the time because people were feeding it, there would be other deer. They ain't solitary after all if they are wild. Interesting possible origin story.
    Yeah no way a whitetail is alone ALL year.

In case you guys somehow missed it they are setting up a memorial and garden for the deer…. And will be having a memorial service where they bury the cremated ashes……

:facepalm: :lmfao::dunno:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    So I was watching a Youtube video but missed a section because I had to focus on something. Well anyways I instinctually said I needed to rewind the video. Then I came to a sudden realization. I haven't said that word "Rewind" for many moons. I wonder how many growing up today use that word, let alone know what it means and why the process is called that?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My wife has to do the Red Cross CPR and water safety for swimming courses every other year. She hates when that time rolls around.
    There really should be a test out option. All it did was confirm I knew the material for a $16 fee, followed by an $18 ("must have exact change") hands on portion.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Passed the online portion of my CPR/AED certification. Now to wait for the hands on day.
    I never had to do AED but did have to pass the CPR. Also various types of criminal background checks.

Also an annual series of coaching 'modules' that they rotate so I think every 3rd year I complete the entire cycle to get to start it over again for Fencing, which is somehow affiliated with the US Olympic Committee and the various sports that lead to the Olympics apparently are now following, or starting to follow, a protocol that gives some level of uniformity.

What pisses me off is that they recently instituted a "skills" component to make sure that coaches had a specific level of actual competence, I work on that for 2 days, did the test, which includes and essay component, only to find out that the test was never graded, not sure anyone ever even looked at the submission. The actual submission of the test automatically granted 'competency' even to those who would have objectively failed the test.

Also ticked me off I had to pass the basic test for "wheelchair" fencing for para-olympians, as well as Foil and Epee basic skills. I'm a Saber coach, and only a Saber coach. I work with Epee and Foil coaches, but I only coach Saber. So why do I need to do the others? And our club is in a basement. . . no wheelchairs!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I never had to do AED but did have to pass the CPR. Also various types of criminal background checks.

Also an annual series of coaching 'modules' that they rotate so I think every 3rd year I complete the entire cycle to get to start it over again for Fencing, which is somehow affiliated with the US Olympic Committee and the various sports that lead to the Olympics apparently are now following, or starting to follow, a protocol that gives some level of uniformity.

What pisses me off is that they recently instituted a "skills" component to make sure that coaches had a specific level of actual competence, I work on that for 2 days, did the test, which includes and essay component, only to find out that the test was never graded, not sure anyone ever even looked at the submission. The actual submission of the test automatically granted 'competency' even to those who would have objectively failed the test.

Also ticked me off I had to pass the basic test for "wheelchair" fencing for para-olympians, as well as Foil and Epee basic skills. I'm a Saber coach, and only a Saber coach. I work with Epee and Foil coaches, but I only coach Saber. So why do I need to do the others? And our club is in a basement. . . no wheelchairs!
    AEDs now are so easy, my 8 year old could do it.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart

Swimming is similar.

As a coach, my wife has to update various "skills" tests every year. In addition, she has to do Red Cross CPR written test, a skills test with an in water component every other year. She also has to do a background check every other year and a "Safe Sport Training" every year.

As an official, I have to do the background check every other year and the "Safe Sport Training" every year. I also have to complete tests for each of certifications that I have, Stroke and Turn, Starter, Referee, Admin, etc....

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If you're planning on heading south (roselawn area) this evening on 65, abort now. Trucker shot in apparent road rage incident and I65 is officially closed in both directions right now.

Top Bottom