NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    #1 may be due to the Math Skills of recent graduates ... majority cannot count Cash back to save their life -- to say nothing of you give them extra change to get special change back
    ( $9.65 bill - give them $10.15 to get 2- quarters back )
    Cash register tells them how much to give back.
    They don't even need to calculate anymore.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Many of those apps offer the "deals" to get access to your personal info and to be able to send you "targeted" ads. Read the terms of service. Some phone apps ask for permission to access your contacts, location, etc.
    All of our personal info is for sale on the dark web sometimes for pennies when one buys in bulk. Your ssn, your name, your phone, your address, your bank info, your credit cards, etc..

The only way it's not is if you have never had an account online. Think newborns and even they are not safe once they are issued an ssn.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My employee's son who owns an exotics store tells me he has a real problem with stuff arriving dead. Some expensive critters even. If I recall, he said he has a hard time recouping his money too.

Shipping anything is a real crap shoot nowdays. As bad as Gary was, USPS was better before they started shifting to Bedford facility.

We're still getting semi-reliable service from UPS, but it's expensive.

Whenever I've had pet animals shipped it's almost always been FedEx overnight for pickup at the Michigan City facility. The only one that wasn't, was the jumping spider and I would have been screwed if it arrived dead because that was UPS two day and UPS explicitly forbids shipping arachnids.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have a customer that loves to tip in $2 bills, I've bee saving them more recently to see how many I can get before he's no longer a customer (he's not young) but it was always fun spending them, got anywhere from rude looks, refusals because they were "fake", a few thought they were cool.
    Yeah, I saw a thing once where the cashier asked for the manager and the manager called the police because the customer gave him a $2 bill.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I had my 2nd call for a job with a Catholic university in Indy. I have always wanted to work for a good Catholic university. The only issue is the low pay for a Helpdesk Manager for not just the area, but Indy in general. Houses are way more expensive, and it is less than I made in Kokomo. But it would be more money than I make now (unemployed). But 65-70 miles one way commute is such a killer.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I had my 2nd call for a job with a Catholic university in Indy. I have always wanted to work for a good Catholic university. The only issue is the low pay for a Helpdesk Manager for not just the area, but Indy in general. Houses are way more expensive, and it is less than I made in Kokomo. But it would be more money than I make now (unemployed). But 65-70 miles one way commute is such a killer.
    And you just bought a home.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Yep. I also just found out what happened with the job in Bluffton. Looks like the GM plant in FT. Wayne is running a huge surplus. So the place I had the job lined up at, is gonna kill 3rd shift. And shift the IT guy on that shift to the 2nd shift position I was going to get hired for. The economy is definitely going to ****.
    And you just bought a home.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yep. I also just found out what happened with the job in Bluffton. Looks like the GM plant in FT. Wayne is running a huge surplus. So the place I had the job lined up at, is gonna kill 3rd shift. And shift the IT guy on that shift to the 2nd shift position I was going to get hired for. The economy is definitely going to ****.
    :nono:
    Biden said in his speech that the economy is the strongest we have ever had. :rofl:

Top Bottom