NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    My mom would always go to different stores to save 10 cents on a can of beans. Told her she spent more
    in gas than what she was saving.
    Max's opinion? If you gotta worry about saving a few cents, a buck on a meal your pretty much f'd
    anyway. Yeah yeah. I heard about extreme couponing but it's a full time job to make it work.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I am thrifty when it is convenient for me. If I'm buying milk at Strack's anyway, I'll get the kind that is $1.00 off.

By the way, has anybody noticed that Dutch Farms milk now comes in a 96 oz bottle instead of a gallon? No wonder it's $1.99.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My mom would always go to different stores to save 10 cents on a can of beans. Told her she spent more
    in gas than what she was saving.
    Max's opinion? If you gotta worry about saving a few cents, a buck on a meal your pretty much f'd
    anyway. Yeah yeah. I heard about extreme couponing but it's a full time job to make it work.
    Pretty much describes about 1/2 the country right now.

And there is a lot more to it than just saving a buck. It was not that long ago that it didn't cost $8 for a milkshake at Zell's.

The move to Apps for discounts also is a huge data tracking and privacy issue for people who prefer not to be targeted by advertising. Or prefer not to have so many Apps on their phone they need to upgrade their phone because they run out of storage. Or prefer not to "share" all their contact information, and the information about all the contacts in their address book, with a bunch of companies. Or prefer not to have the "location services" turned on when they simply want to buy something at a store or hit a drive thru.

But it looks like it might all get worse . . .

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    This is from Jasper Pulaski's DNR page:

More activities​

• Dog running
      • Area 12 is designated for dog running and training.
      • Dogs must be always leashed outside of the dog running and training area unless being used by a registered hunter in the pursuit of game.
    Yea I know JP and Willow Slough have areas you can run dogs. Was hoping someone knew a nice county area or friendly field that they could point me in the direction of, that's not 45min away.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yea I know JP and Willow Slough have areas you can run dogs. Was hoping someone knew a nice county area or friendly field that they could point me in the direction of, that's not 45min away.
    Bark Park in Lowell, it's located at Freedom Park, but there is an annual membership fee to keep the riff-raff out. So you don't see many people from Lowell there :n00b:

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Don't want me to come to your store, there are 2 ways that drive me away as a customer.
    1- stop taking cash
    2- make me use an App
    #1 may be due to the Math Skills of recent graduates ... majority cannot count Cash back to save their life -- to say nothing of you give them extra change to get special change back
    ( $9.65 bill - give them $10.15 to get 2- quarters back )

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The package currently swirling around the black hole in Bedford Park is full of Dubia roaches and Madagascar hissing cockroaches. I almost kinda hope they show up dead so I can file insurance on them.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    The package currently swirling around the black hole in Bedford Park is full of Dubia roaches and Madagascar hissing cockroaches. I almost kinda hope they show up dead so I can file insurance on them.

My employee's son who owns an exotics store tells me he has a real problem with stuff arriving dead. Some expensive critters even. If I recall, he said he has a hard time recouping his money too.

Shipping anything is a real crap shoot nowdays. As bad as Gary was, USPS was better before they started shifting to Bedford facility.

We're still getting semi-reliable service from UPS, but it's expensive.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    UPS and FedEx(Express) I never have a problem with. Mostly USPS and sometimes FedEx Ground goes on the rag for a few months

Top Bottom