Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Just me and Mama Snap on Thursday. We bought a big fat Perdue Oven Stuffer chicken, because neither of us likes turkey and there's too much for us to eat anyway. I just browned up some diced onion for the stuffing, and Mama Snap cut up the bread. We'll also have mashed potatoes and gravy, (slightly) candied yams, and green beans, home made cranberry sauce, with home made pumpkin pie for dessert.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Bob Evavs is on my NO list. Dad and I were at an livestock auction. Dad pointing said, "Watch that guy and what he's bidding on." Everything he bid on looked like it should have been put down, not paraded in. No one else put out a bid. Needless to say, he was getting them pretty cheaply.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Bob Evavs is on my NO list. Dad and I were at an livestock auction. Dad pointing said, "Watch that guy and what he's bidding on." Everything he bid on looked like it should have been put down, not paraded in. No one else put out a bid. Needless to say, he was getting them pretty cheaply.
    any different than where a supermarket gets it?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm confused. Are you saying that one guy at an auction was buying all of the livestock to stock all of the Bob Evans restaurants in the region?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm confused. Are you saying that one guy at an auction was buying all of the livestock to stock all of the Bob Evans restaurants in the region?
    I don't know their processing and distribution locations, so I can't speak to where the product would be going. He was just a territorial buyer.
    Don't know if every purchaser followed these practices or it was 1 guy looking to get some bonus pay. But I saw enough to not roll the dice at a store.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Previously we'd eaten at the Bob Evans, this time we are getting take out.
    Will be smoking a 15# bird this year.

Keep hearing Thanksgiving meals will be cheaper this year primarily because turkeys are cheaper per # and I call bs. This bird was bought last Turkey day and cheapest I've seen this year is .49 per #

20231118_151343.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Will be smoking a 15# bird this year.

Keep hearing Thanksgiving meals will be cheaper this year primarily because turkeys are cheaper per # and I call bs. This bird was bought last Turkey day and cheapest I've seen this year is .49 per #

View attachment 313560
    We got one too to throw in the freezer for when it's like a Polar Vortex day and the over can crank. On the road for bird day. BIL to fire up the deep fryer.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    All operators are currently busy.
    Your wait time is until AFTER you die. ;)
    That way we won't have to pay you.

How long have you been waiting?

Calling the IRS jedi waited 65 minutes before they finally picked up.
    Oh it got worst... Once I got a human being, they said in order to discuss my claim we would have to get an appointment and there were none available at this time. They said to call back Monday and try again... I'm doing this for my wife, I'm just figuring it won't be worth the trouble when I'm eligible to use my money they forced me to pay them...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh it got worst... Once I got a human being, they said in order to discuss my claim we would have to get an appointment and there were none available at this time. They said to call back Monday and try again... I'm doing this for my wife, I'm just figuring it won't be worth the trouble when I'm eligible to use my money they forced me to pay them...
    Are you filing for retirement benefits?
    Those u can do online via the automated system.

The rest unsure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom