Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So, @Mr24g is going to bring you his catch to cook up.

BTW @melensdad About that spontaneous combustion thing...

We can only wish.

Ps. The demon in my head still voices jedi's posts in his voice.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    View attachment 330552

The "racoon" is a little chewy. ;)

Chicken drumsticks, potatoes, carrots, purple onions, basil, garlic and tomatoe sauce. Cooked at 300 deg for 6 hours.

Lunch for the upcoming week and a few dinner meals as well.

Which means jedi will be going on 3 weeks of NO schoops it seems. :)
    9# pork shoulder on the smoker last night. Should be ready for the wrap and I to the cooler around noon. Looking good when I got up this morning

20240204_090356.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    We stayed at the Omni a couple weeks ago, and got upgraded to the Presidential Suite. Its a great location and beautiful hotel.
    Block from the stadium in February is a big advantage when you never know the weather.

I like Homewood Suites too, but it is right next to the bars.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just double checked...I have something going on every weekend this month. :rolleyes:
    Join the club. Fencing practices and tournaments (frequently both Saturday & Sunday) literally every weekend from October thru April except for holidays. I was worried about being bored when I retired but now I'm looking at taking a job so I can get some rest.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Go to the one in Merrillville when it’s colder temps. Planning on taking a ride to Willow Slough for some outdoor fun and 100yd sighting.
    That's the one I went to. For outdoor I use Winamac or Kingsbury. Hadn't been to Willow Slough in decades after an incident I had with the ranger there. I know it's completely different now but I'm happy with Winamac.

Mr24g

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2024
    NWI
    That's the one I went to. For outdoor I use Winamac or Kingsbury. Hadn't been to Willow Slough in decades after an incident I had with the ranger there. I know it's completely different now but I'm happy with Winamac.
    I’ve actually never heard of Winamac. Might have to check it out next weekend.

Before the update a few years back I also had an incident with “range officer”. Older gentleman tried to say I hit the top deflectors that were about five yards away from the bench. I politely explained to him that I’m shooting almost MOA groups at my target and it’s almost impossible for me to hit the deflectors. After a back and forth saying that he could force me to pay for damages ,I simply told him my GoPro would prove I had hit nothing except my target. And he left it at that and began to scavenge all my spent brass. Lol

This was in 2012-13. Didn’t go back for a few years and never saw the gentleman again and had no further incidents. Nicer updated place now.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Meh, you thugs and hookas :shoot::n00b: :pimp: north of US30 like of smell and stink can just shoot down Broadway or 5th avenue for target practice.

The chosen peoples, living in the clean air lands south of your smelly border, have the options of shooting on our own private ranges, with the safety of common sense, lack of drive by style side gun aiming ne're-do'ells with G40's and an illegal 'fun switch' to dump a mag in 2 seconds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom