• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Why does no one ever talk about going to shoot at Jasper Polaski?
    I shoot JP, when I have an opportunity to go. There is no planet that Winamac is worth the extra drive and more importantly my time, unless there is an "event" - IMO. I don't need a concrete sidewalk to put holes in paper. I do not go on weekends as yes, there are too many ***kwits whether from IL or IN that have no inkling of what range safety is and one old guy half asleep in a truck doesn't help that. His only concern seems to be "rapid" fire. Weekday mornings are pleasant.

Mr24g

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2024
    NWI
    I shoot JP, when I have an opportunity to go. There is no planet that Winamac is worth the extra drive and more importantly my time, unless there is an "event" - IMO. I don't need a concrete sidewalk to put holes in paper. I do not go on weekends as yes, there are too many ***kwits whether from IL or IN that have no inkling of what range safety is and one old guy half asleep in a truck doesn't help that. His only concern seems to be "rapid" fire. Weekday mornings are pleasant.
    So you’re saying Winamac is not GTG? Honestly, for me. Winamac, Willow, and JP are almost the exact same driving distance. But I’ve only been to Willow. Wouldn’t mind checking out some new places.

Mr24g

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2024
    NWI
    Anyone ever try Russiaville? I hear great things about their range and heard they’re having a FA fun day in May that I’d like to attend.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Winamac is the NWI INGO go to for meets.

We used to have Youth/Family Shoots there in conjunction with DNR and 4H.

Stare DNR has made that untenable, but we still have a pretty good relationship with the staff.(it helps that we feed them)

Mr24g

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2024
    NWI
    Winamac is the NWI INGO go to for meets.

We used to have Youth/Family Shoots there in conjunction with DNR and 4H.

Stare DNR has made that untenable, but we still have a pretty good relationship with the staff.(it helps that we feed them)
    Keep me up to date on range events. Would love to come out and shoot some rounds with some of the guys here.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Anyone ever try Russiaville? I hear great things about their range and heard they’re having a FA fun day in May that I’d like to attend.
    Been there twice. Ran by @TheUziButton and his company Machine Gun Excursions. The Pumpkin Shoot last year had around 30 or so shooters. The biggest thing there was an M1919 Browning chambered in 8mm Mauser. I know he's trying to make the range bigger as they expect the event to get even bigger as time goes on.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    How many $$$$ are going to be missing till you have good water?
    Going to have to shock the well, probably invest in an iron filter, and get a water softener (already knew I needed a softener, so that didn't come as a surprise). I've been reliably told that those filters you get at Menards are not worth it and that a more expensive iron filter will protect the softener system and water heater. My mom and dad went through three softeners in the house I grew up in because my dad kept getting those box store filters.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So you’re saying Winamac is not GTG? Honestly, for me. Winamac, Willow, and JP are almost the exact same driving distance. But I’ve only been to Willow. Wouldn’t mind checking out some new places.
    I'm saying for "me" Winamac is a further drive and some people here are snobbish regarding it. I'm not driving another 25 minutes past JP for the same ****. I have not been to the slough in decades, i always forget about that. JP is still closer for me, but just by a few minutes though.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Going to have to shock the well, probably invest in an iron filter, and get a water softener (already knew I needed a softener, so that didn't come as a surprise). I've been reliably told that those filters you get at Menards are not worth it and that a more expensive iron filter will protect the softener system and water heater. My mom and dad went through three softeners in the house I grew up in because my dad kept getting those box store filters.
    Buy plumbing supplies from Leep's or Milne.
    Buy electrical devices from electrical supply stores.

You are doing good. Just chiming in for the Big Box shoppers.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We use the string filters with our softener and have never had an issue in 20 years. The whole thing was setup by Osby, so I assume they know what works with their softeners.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    We use the string filters with our softener and have never had an issue in 20 years. The whole thing was setup by Osby, so I assume they know what works with their softeners.
    It's probably a per case basis type of thing. I just know my iron is really bad. When I first got the place, every galvanized pipe was either nearly completely disintegrated with rust, or else so filled with rust that it was completely blocked. I also believe I have a lot of manganese (didn't test for it) as I have black paint-like flakes as well. Though I definitely will be getting a professional opinion on the matter.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's probably a per case basis type of thing. I just know my iron is really bad. When I first got the place, every galvanized pipe was either nearly completely disintegrated with rust, or else so filled with rust that it was completely blocked. I also believe I have a lot of manganese (didn't test for it) as I have black paint-like flakes as well. Though I definitely will be getting a professional opinion on the matter.
    We have a lot of iron. We have to change the filter every 3 or 4 weeks. The expert should set you up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom