NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Uh
    Has anyone been to Two Bear Arms Gun Shop in Etna Green ? Wonder if it's worth the trip out there?
    I went there in the summer of 2020. Their store is roughly the same size as South County Guns. Their prices were on par with everyone else iirc.

They have an outdoor pistol range with steel targets, but you have to use their ammo. The rifle range is only open 1 day a month.

They have two gunsmiths. If they were closer I would go more

JamesV

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    The Region

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Are you looking for a butcher for fresh meat or packaged frozen meet?

For the latter, I would recommend the Butcher Block

I've had better experiences with Hanford packing or Sims processing. Maybe I'm a little bitter due to the fact, BB was the only place that processed my pigs and noticed no bacon after putting in freezer. I called them and they told me there wasn't any on the pigs. I think I remember them saying something like, maybe they should have called me and then could have got some from them? They did throw in some bacon after this, but it didn't compare to the other two places.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've had better experiences with Hanford packing or Sims processing. Maybe I'm a little bitter due to the fact, BB was the only place that processed my pigs and noticed no bacon after putting in freezer. I called them and they told me there wasn't any on the pigs. I think I remember them saying something like, maybe they should have called me and then could have got some from them? They did throw in some bacon after this, but it didn't compare to the other two places.
    Our last cow was processed at Hanford, I was not impressed with them. They used regular plastic wrap instead of the heavier plastic, and their cuts weren't done as well. We tried their bacon, and we didn't like it at all. Some store bought was better.

When we get our beef this year, I am going to try to get the farmer to switch.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Our last cow was processed at Hanford, I was not impressed with them. They used regular plastic wrap instead of the heavier plastic, and their cuts weren't done as well. We tried their bacon, and we didn't like it at all. Some store bought was better.

When we get our beef this year, I am going to try to get the farmer to switch.
    That stinks to hear, been four or five years, but it was great. I did Sims for the last few, I may have to just keep with them if we do it again.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got our basement finished in 2020 (then life threw us numerous hardballs). Set a goal to get my memorabilia hung up in the basement before this summer. Satisfying having all of the memorabilia out rather than in boxes.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'll end the food chain route with this:
    Keep this in mind for 2023: Dad said purchasing calves will be up to about $1k per head (that's double the normal purchase price). If you're saving for this, I'd plan on simply doubling 2022 meat prices that I posed here.

I can't fathom supermarket prices. Here is if you walk off the street in nowhere Napoleon, IN. No knock on them, but it is what it is.
    20220122_080221.jpg

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Got our basement finished in 2020 (then life threw us numerous hardballs). Set a goal to get my memorabilia hung up in the basement before this summer. Satisfying having all of the memorabilia out rather than in boxes.
    Without pictures it didn’t happen!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom