NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Dont forget if he lives east of i65 then he lives fffaaarrr.

If he lives in porter county he is only our 1/2 sibling. A brother from a different mama and mom dont like talking about

Dont forget if he lives east of i65 then he lives fffaaarrr.

If he lives in porter county he is only our 1/2 sibling. A brother from a different mama and mom dont like talking about it.
    :rofl:
    Yup, East of 65 in Porter County, we kin!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm not sure how you got that from @Ballstater98's post. There was specific mention of that compensation vs rates, not wages. If the CEO of NIPSCO can is taking that much out of the company it should mean they are healthy and won't be asking me for more money anytime soon.
    Exercising Stock Options does NOT take money money out of the company.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Had the window open and sounded like rain, was surprised it didn't rain at all. Well, it was a pleasant surprise.
    Now on to Chicago and hoping they got that stupid fencing down.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    My wife ordered one of those Sauder you-put-it-together two drawer lateral files. After several weeks of procrastinating, I ran out of excuses to avoid assembling it. It took me 4-5 hours on Saturday including breaks for lunch, re-doing the parts I screwed up because I didn't read directions, and cursing a lot. I'm normally fairly handy and can do things like this without much trouble but it was just a lot of detailed assembly. It turned out pretty good in the end. I assembled it on the floor in our family room and I am still sore from all of the bending and kneeling. I don't use some of those muscles as often any more and am still feeling it today.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have no doubt there is a lot of it going on in Kouts too. One of our old timer maintenance guys lives right around the corner from me and he's mentioned a couple times about maybe introducing me to a farmer he knows in the area that lets people shoot on his range. I figure it's even more common in Oolala and Fignewton counties because you can get more property for your dollar.
    Plenty of shooting over this way. Most nice days you can hear someone shooting

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Checked on my jury duty status today. Now have been selected. Put in for excused removal due to the fact I just cant take the time off work. Only 2 employees and have been 3 weeks behind for the last year. Doesn't help matters the last 2 times I've been selected have cost me a total of 9 vacation days.

I know people say it's your "civic duty" and all but then compensate me my hourly wages, not $40 a day

I really think they should select from the damn unemployment list

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Checked on my jury duty status today. Now have been selected. Put in for excused removal due to the fact I just cant take the time off work. Only 2 employees and have been 3 weeks behind for the last year. Doesn't help matters the last 2 times I've been selected have cost me a total of 9 vacation days.

I know people say it's your "civic duty" and all but then compensate me my hourly wages, not $40 a day

I really think they should select from the damn unemployment list

Last time I was called for jury duty, I tried to get out of it, to no avail. It really is a hardship, missing work and all. I don't know what it takes to be excused, but they pretty much don't care about your personal issues. I got through it, obviously, and it was actually pretty interesting. Found out just how incompetent the prosecutor's office is, both in the charging decision process, and in the presentation of their case. Pitiful is a generous description.
    Best of luck with it D.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I heard about this case and I am convinced the defendant is guilty.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I heard about this case and I am convinced the defendant is guilty.
    Last time I was selected I told both lawyers the court system is a sham and your guilty till you prove your innocence. Still got selected :facepalm:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I sat through jury selection on two different murder trials and got selected for one of them. I was shocked at the number of potential jurors who admitted to having a friend or relative who had been murdered. They provided enough details that I didn't get any sense they were being untruthful. They were excused immediately.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Not sure I'd be down with an all unemployed jury? Before being chosen, did you ask if you could just get paid in ammo? Thinking we keep it they way we have it. Lol, Only since I have been called to selection once and they chose their jurors 2 or 3 before my number was called to get questioned. It's all for the greater good though, have seen a case or two go away that it should not have before.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Not sure I'd be down with an all unemployed jury?
    Not saying it's a correct solution, but to be a juror should at least pay what I/you/whomever is selected, make per day. $40 doesn't even come close and if I didnt use vacation days, jury duty would've cost me almost $2k for the 9 days I have served to this point. It also took almost a month to pay on top of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom