NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Not saying it's a correct solution, but to be a juror should at least pay what I/you/whomever is selected, make per day. $40 doesn't even come close and if I didnt use vacation days, jury duty would've cost me almost $2k for the 9 days I have served to this point. It also took almost a month to pay on top of it.
    Well if that's the case.... I'd say guilty!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Not saying it's a correct solution, but to be a juror should at least pay what I/you/whomever is selected, make per day. $40 doesn't even come close and if I didnt use vacation days, jury duty would've cost me almost $2k for the 9 days I have served to this point. It also took almost a month to pay on top of it.
    When you get there ask the attorneys if they would work for 40 dollars a day?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    20210802_163652.jpg 20210802_125421.jpg 20210802_124759.jpg 20210802_124751.jpg 20210802_124745.jpg 20210802_124738.jpg So it wasnt a jeep as I thought. Got my crash report that shows her at fault, got the release for my bike to my insurance, and have several appt set up for dentist and MRI for my left knee.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Just be aware that even with the police report clearly placing the blame on the driver, there's a possibility that their insurance company will delay things as long as they can by trying to argue that you still have some culpability for the accident. Insurance lawyers are POS

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Just be aware that even with the police report clearly placing the blame on the driver, there's a possibility that their insurance company will delay things as long as they can by trying to argue that you still have some culpability for the accident. Insurance lawyers are POS
    Yeah I'm ready for the long game. Once I hear from my agent will look for a good personal injury lawyer to assist once they make contact with theirs and if thats what they want to do. Hopefully my knee MRI is clear but you roll with the cards you're dealt with in life.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    1775usmarine
    Glad it wasn't worse.
    People used to think in the future we'd all have flying cars. Seeing all of the idiots on the road it's amazing we are still driving.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    It's an age old problem for jurors and one that's not likely to be corrected. At my plant, we will make up the difference between the jury pay and lost wages if the employee provides proper documentation to HR. However, I know that is not the norm.

For those who didn't know this, we were told by the guy who runs the jury selection that nowadays, they get their list of prospective jurors from the BMV. They don't use voter roles any more, at least not in Lake County.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yep otherwise might of been missing some scalp. I did contact Bell not expecting a response, but to let them know I was thankful for their quality product and am a customer for life and sent some of the pics as well.
    Good to see you wearing it. When I was working in the ER I saw a lot of head trauma and brain damage come through from people not wearing helmets. When someone is single and unencumbered, their decision only affects themselves. But if they have a family, I think they have a responsibility to take measures to try to prevent being a vegetable.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Yeah I'm ready for the long game. Once I hear from my agent will look for a good personal injury lawyer to assist once they make contact with theirs and if thats what they want to do. Hopefully my knee MRI is clear but you roll with the cards you're dealt with in life.
    While many things are in short supply today, you will have no trouble finding a personal injury lawyer.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    It's good to hear from someone who can show the damaged helmet and attest to its effectiveness. That helmet pic is a good reminder to all of us who ride motorcycles, bicycles, snowmobiles, skateboards etc. etc.

triggerhappy00

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Merrillville
    Does anyone know of a good independent Toyota mechanic around Merrillville? I usually do my own work on my Tundra but I need to swap out the front struts and don't really have the right tools or space to do it myself.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Keep your situational awareness up. 10am car jacking at Hobby Lobby today

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter