NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    They do. I drive past their Rensselaer office daily.

Wow. That's crazy cool that they still exist, if it's the same basic company. At one time (when we first connected) they were the only choice in this area for a stable email address - that or AOL, who's website was constantly downloading updates to where it was basically useless.

You could buy the NetNitco "Connectivity Package", complete with floppy-drive installation disk, at every local gas and convenience store. Don't remember which size floppy, but I believe it was the New 3.5" ones, which made all of us upgrade to 3.5" from the 5.25".

Simpler times back then, but not without it's challenges, as the tech world got cranked up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's to ffffaaarrrr

Plus it's not pink! :p

And with that let's see how tomorrow in chiraq goes. The police union has called for a walk out as the mayor's deadline to get vax is tomorrow. The union president is asking all members to call off!

So it will be a "crime all you want" day tomorrow of they all do call off.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I think cemeteries are a complete waste.

Change my mind.
    I wrote a paper for an English assignment when I was in 8th grade, 1968, that said that cemeteries should be in the medians of highways. Open up land for development, the families of the deceased would pay for the maintenance, and you could wave to your loved ones as you drove by. It was supposed to be a 'persuasion" paper. My teacher thought it was horrifying and disrespectful to the dead. I ended up with an F because I wouldn't write a paper on a different topic.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I wrote a paper for an English assignment when I was in 8th grade, 1968, that said that cemeteries should be in the medians of highways. Open up land for development, the families of the deceased would pay for the maintenance, and you could wave to your loved ones as you drove by. It was supposed to be a 'persuasion" paper. My teacher thought it was horrifying and disrespectful to the dead. I ended up with an F because I wouldn't write a paper on a different topic.
    Wow. Way to stifle teenage creativity.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    You mean were the same age?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Per the Chesterton Tribune:
    "A man known around Northwest Indiana for his custom home construction business died this weekend after crashing his motorcycle on Ind. 49 at the Oak Hill-Tremont roads intersection in Chesterton. David Van Dyke, 57, of Munster was pronounced dead Sunday at the University of Chicago Hospital, a day after the crash. Van Dyke was driving his 2003 Harley Davidson Fat Boy northbound on 49..."

(Lss, blew a red light at posted 55mph avoiding 2 cars crossing the intersection)

I had a side job on weekends years ago showing homes for Percision Construction (his company). At the time, the least expensive home they built was $425k. I have my own opinion of him and keep it at that. I did my job and got paid.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess he was on his phone at the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom