NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yup. There are guys that will take "FMLA", which always seems to be on a Friday or Monday.
    Or, you see them on TV at the ball game.

There are those legitimately using it.
    But I bet they are outnumbered.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There is only one person on the face of the earth that you are responsible.

There may be others in your life that you are responsible to.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Yup. There are guys that will take "FMLA", which always seems to be on a Friday or Monday.
    Or, you see them on TV at the ball game.

There are those legitimately using it.
    But I bet they are outnumbered.
    There was a guy in my department who used his wife's health issues to abuse FMLA in a similar manner. It finally got bad enough he was informed that those absences would no longer be excused unless he provided documentation from his wife's physician that could explain the particular pattern of his absences. Problem solved.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    So, Friday, the craneman was having trouble keeping up with the mill and incoming trucks so they sent my partner up to help in the second crane. To replace him, they pulled a laborer who is signed off on the job. Dbag1 doesn't like this particular laborer. Dbag1 conveniently gets a phone call almost immediately from his wife that she tested positive for Covid, so Dbag1 gets to go home with pay for ten days.

Management revises the schedule for Mon-Wed so that Dbag2 comes in 4 hours early(7p-7a) and I stay 4 hours over(7a-7p)to cover Dbag1's shift with four extra hours apiece. Dbag2 calls off for Sunday and Monday, leaving me to work a 16 last night and also F'ing the 3-11 guy into a 16 because it's a two man job. He went and got a doctor's note today to bring to plant medical so he could come back and then he calls in to say he's not gonna come in tonight until 11p because he didn't get to plant medical until 2p so he has to go home and sleep, so I got stuck on a 16 again. I'm considering calling off tomorrow but I know there's a good chance he'll just let the crap roll downhill onto his partner because that guy is lower seniority.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, Friday, the craneman was having trouble keeping up with the mill and incoming trucks so they sent my partner up to help in the second crane. To replace him, they pulled a laborer who is signed off on the job. Dbag1 doesn't like this particular laborer. Dbag1 conveniently gets a phone call almost immediately from his wife that she tested positive for Covid, so Dbag1 gets to go home with pay for ten days.

Management revises the schedule for Mon-Wed so that Dbag2 comes in 4 hours early(7p-7a) and I stay 4 hours over(7a-7p)to cover Dbag1's shift with four extra hours apiece. Dbag2 calls off for Sunday and Monday, leaving me to work a 16 last night and also F'ing the 3-11 guy into a 16 because it's a two man job. He went and got a doctor's note today to bring to plant medical so he could come back and then he calls in to say he's not gonna come in tonight until 11p because he didn't get to plant medical until 2p so he has to go home and sleep, so I got stuck on a 16 again. I'm considering calling off tomorrow but I know there's a good chance he'll just let the crap roll downhill onto his partner because that guy is lower seniority.

Wait till you see how mad they get when the shop shuts down because there isn't enough people.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Update on my finger.

I have not gone easy on it since injury and have worked it full tilt.

Still is swollen and feels tight/fat. Like rubber bands wrapped around the base of it.. Not sure what to do.

For you clever guys, I already shoved it up my ass so don't recommend that.
    Have you tried inserting it into your butt?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

:(

Region News Source

Tonight at 8:15PM 12 year old Kyrin Carter was found in the Little Calumet River after 8 days.

Due to circumstances of RNS being involved in the search I wanted to allow time for family to hear from the authorities. Tonight we send positive energy to a grieving family.

Hammond Police will have more information tomorrow.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Region News Source

Tonight at 8:15PM 12 year old Kyrin Carter was found in the Little Calumet River after 8 days.

Due to circumstances of RNS being involved in the search I wanted to allow time for family to hear from the authorities. Tonight we send positive energy to a grieving family.

Hammond Police will have more information tomorrow.

My browser is blocking the FaceBook message.
    I take it... they found a body?
    EDIT: I saw it online. They found a body they suspect is his.

I know it doesn't mean much, but my prayers go out to the family.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That happens too but it usually works out in my favor and they give us the option to go home

Well, one of the problems I've pointed out to management, that when they run with minimum crews, it can/will bite them when the smallest of things happen.

For instance, they know a man is retiring. They SHOULD hire/transfer someone, and train him.
    But they DON'T.
    They say, they can't even put in for someone, till the spot is open.
    Well, that's a rule made by humans.
    It can be changed by.. humans.

But no, they'll run a man short, then someone goes on vacation, and then they have to shutdown and lose millions of $$ of production, because some idiot wants to save a few tens of thousands in salary.
    :xmad:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My browser is blocking the FaceBook message.
    I take it... they found a body?
    EDIT: I saw it online. They found a body they suspect is his.

I know it doesn't mean much, but my prayers go out to the family.
    It means a lot, Larry.

They changed the wording since I posted it. I didn't know if the FB post would show up for everyone, so I copied and pasted the text at the beginning of my post. After I did that, they changed the wording to "a body believed to be". Either way, it has to be him. :(

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Body found in river.
    90% certain it's the missing boy.
    "The body was discovered by a volunteer who was using a kayak on the river about 300 feet from where the boy was initially reported missing, the police department's Facebook post stated."

How does it take over a week to find him when he is 300 feet from where he came up missing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom