NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Update on my finger.

I have not gone easy on it since injury and have worked it full tilt.

Still is swollen and feels tight/fat. Like rubber bands wrapped around the base of it.. Not sure what to do.

For you clever guys, I already shoved it up my ass so don't recommend that.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Update on my finger.

Still is swollen and feels tight/fat. Like rubber bands wrapped around the base of it.. Not sure what to do.

I would recommend immersing the entire affected hand. Since you are still experiencing swelling finish with the cold.

Disclaimer: any treatment you decide to do is your responsibility. IOW - if your finger falls off, too bad.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Update on my finger.

I think I would have it checked out in case it gets worse. There is an orthopedic urgent care in Portage through Lakeshore Bone and Joint. I went there once for my shoulder. I think they are going to have one in Crown Point but don't know if it's done yet.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think I would have it checked out in case it gets worse. There is an orthopedic urgent care in Portage through Lakeshore Bone and Joint. I went there once for my shoulder. I think they are going to have one in Crown Point but don't know if it's done yet.
    This. You are NOT a doctor and neither are we. You take cars to the mechanic and guns to a gunsmith. So take your body to a medical doctor.

Take care of yourself cause *IF* you make it to old age these injuries will come back and haunt you.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'm perfectly happy making "only" $80-100k a year. Unless things come to a grinding hault, I'm on track to make about 120 this year thanks in large part to oxygen thieves.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @CTC B4Z, I am not recommending against going to the doctor. I wouldn't unless it kept me from doing what I wanted to do. I can never decide which professional group is a bigger waste: doctors or lawyers.

@tv1217, you might be right about some of your co-workers abusing the system to get time off. I learned that I never really knew who was abusing and who was using the system. One fellow I worked with bragged about beating the system because he was embarrassed to talk about mental illness in his family. He let everyone think he was a jerk and worse when he was doing what he needed for his family. Be careful who you judge.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    @CTC B4Z, I am not recommending against going to the doctor. I wouldn't unless it kept me from doing what I wanted to do. I can never decide which professional group is a bigger waste: doctors or lawyers.

@tv1217, you might be right about some of your co-workers abusing the system to get time off. I learned that I never really knew who was abusing and who was using the system. One fellow I worked with bragged about beating the system because he was embarrassed to talk about mental illness in his family. He let everyone think he was a jerk and worse when he was doing what he needed for his family. Be careful who you judge.
    What do you think when them doing what they need to for their family adversely affects you and yours?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Update on my finger.

If you don't go to a Doc, you may want to consider something like this. I had a really bad break back in February. Broke the middle finger metacarpal - the bone up in the hand, about where that 1st strap is, nearest the tape. At the same time, I put a bad wack on basically all the finger tendons and joints. When they took the cast off, Doc said to wear the brace and tape awhile for support and gradually work it back in till normal. If I'm not careful, I can still ding it, even after 3 months. Good luck with it.

IMG_1607.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The government doesn't want you to know this, but if you put all of the above into a blender with about $10k cash, it cures everything. Just ask Magic Johnson.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    What do you think when them doing what they need to for their family adversely affects you and yours?
    I always did and still do what I need for my family. You can not have any large work force that completely meshes. No matter how hard you try there are always those who will not work with the group for everyones benefit. Trying to find someone to cover a shift you need off is too hard for some.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom