NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    So I'm never buying a Brinks doorknob again. Had one on the side door on my garage, only lasted about 3 months. It started getting to where I had to turn it one direction and then the other to get it to open, and then just today it stopped working entirely. So I unscrew it to figure out what the hell is going on and as I pull the knob, all the parts inside the door just fall out.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So I'm never buying a Brinks doorknob again. Had one on the side door on my garage, only lasted about 3 months. It started getting to where I had to turn it one direction and then the other to get it to open, and then just today it stopped working entirely. So I unscrew it to figure out what the hell is going on and as I pull the knob, all the parts inside the door just fall out.
    I've been using Schlage. They last about 10 years. They have digital keypads with a key backup. The ones I use are NOT internet/wi-fi enabled. Cost about $100 each. Uses a 9-volt batter, which lasts more than a year.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    All my other doors are Kwikset and they seem solid so far and they have an easy rekey feature so I'll probably just get another one of those and make the garage lock the same as the house. The front door is an electric keypad type but I'm thinking of either switching it to the one back door which I use the most or just getting another one. I might just do the same for the garage.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Rough Saturday with migraine issues. Sunday went much better. My night sights had arrived so I was able to swap them out in less than 30 minutes. Not actually sure on the time other than took less than an episode when I started. Pretty good tool.

Are you referring to a sight pusher tool, and if so, can you share which one you have?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just went to the ATF snith site and looked all of you up, I cannot make a cent. You have all been dimed already.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom