NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I 'll be there manãna.

Probably in two weeks too.

Maybe two weeks after that.

I am not Catholic, but I love fish, and they have a burger plate for my wife.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm out on M&E's and M&S's till I pass my CDL schooling and find another career either as a trucker or with another railroad.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    On a more depressing note, wrecked my new truck today. Merging onto 94 from 49, semi was merging off 94 onto 49 and slammed his brakes, I thought I was clear left for the next lane, I wasn’t. I’m fine, other drivers fine, truck can be fixed

Attachments

• 61C2C85F-D99A-4AE9-AE30-A0477FA9ED1F.jpeg
      61C2C85F-D99A-4AE9-AE30-A0477FA9ED1F.jpeg
      2 MB · Views: 8
    • 061620DA-46E4-480D-922D-30F85D7ABCBF.jpeg
      061620DA-46E4-480D-922D-30F85D7ABCBF.jpeg
      1.5 MB · Views: 8

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    My girlfriend and I went to the range tonight; I’ve been jonesing to send some more rounds at a target. My firearm now has a total of 100 shells it’s ejected!

I had walked away a bit annoyed by the way the salesperson had occasionally talked down to me while purchasing my firearm, but, upon further reflection, he may have just been one of them prickly types. I‘m very happy with my purchase and his picking up on my extreme sense of caution to suggest a weapon with multiple safety functions plays heavily to my satisfaction. And the firearm shoots and handles exceptionally well, too!

Twice tonight, for example, I pulled the trigger and nothing happened. I simply didn’t pull the trigger back with enough force, plus it has the trigger safety for additional peace of mind. Add to that the manual safety, which is in a great position and engaging/disengaging it is very intuitive. Last, but not least, drop protection. I hope I don’t ever drop my firearm, but knowing it won’t erroneously discharge upon impact also puts me at ease.

What are good/normal cleaning habits after discharging rounds? I’ve disassembled and cleaned my firearm after both range sessions. I’m sure it can’t hurt to be that meticulous, but I’d love more input.

How are you fellow gun owners handling your own personal ammo stock situation? What’s a good amount of training ammo to keep on reserve? The current ammo supply doesn’t make things any better right now and what I have gotten has been being at right place at the right time. This is a whole new world for me.

Yeah, this has been a long-winded post, but it was a good experience tonight with our hobby and I simply couldn‘t keep it to myself! Is there an appropriate subforum/thread where I can share my target practice results at? I tried scouring the forum, but it is entirely possible I missed it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I clean after I shoot.
    Some people do. Some don't.

Ammo.
    Always buy more than you shoot.
    Kinda hard to do that now. Ammo is scarce.
    Start to store it when times are good.
    Because something will happen, and there will be a run on ammo, like now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Most guns now are "drop safe".
    If dropped guns fired as easily as Hollywood says, the gun industry would've been bankrupt.

That being said, don't drop your gun.
    Nothing in life is perfect.
    And stuff breaks.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :coffee: I'm liking the info that showed up on everyone's posts, reminiscent of the old format. Not sure about 'reaction' v 'points' though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom