NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Hey, I live on the line and every shooting around here is FIP transplants being shot by FIPs.
    You can pay me to show you how to do that. We don't even have to go to a range, we can just cruise the streets of Gary or Griffith and pop em off at street signs. No one cares up there

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    I've heard good things about Midwest Training Group. https://mwtraininggroup.com/

They use Blythes in Valpo for classes. My wife took a couple classes with them and learned a lot and wants to take more.
    My wife and I have both taken classes at Blythe's given by Midwest. We had the owner of Midwest as our instructor and the classes were very good.

Shoot Point Blank also offers training classes. They are located in Merrillville.
    Thanks for everyone that offered suggestions. I think Midwest Training is going to be it.

Requirements per student:
    100 rounds ammunition
    Yeesh, well, gotta get lucky and find me some extra ammo first! (Note: this is a commentary on the ammo market, not aimed at Midwest Training.)

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Thanks for everyone that offered suggestions. I think Midwest Training is going to be it.

Yeesh, well, gotta get lucky and find me some extra ammo first! (Note: this is a commentary on the ammo market, not aimed at Midwest Training.)
    Contact them, I believe that the round count is overestimated. If you need rounds for a training class something can be worked out.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Hate to see this. More lost jobs, less competition for the even bigger chains.

Won't hurt the new Rural King in Michigan City though.
    The pandemic takes another...

I only find myself in Michigan City either right off the expressway or on 12 (either cycling or en route to Mucho Mas). Where is there a Rural King?

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    The pandemic takes another...

I only find myself in Michigan City either right off the expressway or on 12 (either cycling or en route to Mucho Mas). Where is there a Rural King?

Big R/Stock and Field has been headed downhill for a while. I think the 'rona just sped up the inevitable. The new RK is going in over in Laporte, in the old Kmart on 2 by Dunham's

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish

When the wife came home from her first class and said she wanted to take the next one in the program and told me about the ammo she needed I laughed.

I told her, the ammo is gonna cost you more than the class :spend:then she started eyeing my ammo cans full of beautiful brass :nono:

Ended up getting lucky and found her some steel case, that she could abandon on the range floor, from an INGO member

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Yeesh, well, gclasses otta get lucky and find me some extra ammo first! (Note: this is a commentary on the ammo market, not aimed at Midwest Training.)
    Classes I've taken required 2 -3 hundred rounds.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    When the wife came home from her first class and said she wanted to take the next one in the program and told me about the ammo she needed I laughed.

I told her, the ammo is gonna cost you more than the class :spend:then she started eyeing my ammo cans full of beautiful brass :nono:

Ended up getting lucky and found her some steel case, that she could abandon on the range floor, from an INGO member
    Did she take her class(es) with Midwest Training?
    Classes I've taken required 2 -3 hundred rounds.
    It makes sense. You can't practice without sending lead down range. And what better way to get practice than with an instructor by your side?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom