d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Went to see a Brad Pitt movie. Don't recall the name of it. He was an astronaut. Not worth the price of admission and popcorn and soda cost $15.00+ on top of the price of the movie.

No wonder we don't go out more often!!!

WTH?

Haven't been to a movie theater since 2005. In 3 months you can rent the same movie for $3 and watch in the comfort of your own home. Don't have to deal with the douche nozzles in the theater or the overpriced extras

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Or get it from the library for free.

Last time I went to the movies was Superman the Movie. $6 a ticket and a total of $20 for my wife and I.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Or get it from the library for free.

Last time I went to the movies was Superman the Movie. $6 a ticket and a total of $20 for my wife and I.

True. Library is always an option as well. Truth be told I haven't even rented a movie in several years. I usually wait for it to come on TV anymore. I might make an exception here soon and go rent John wick 3

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We go to the theatre about once a year. I don't know why.

Redbox is fine with me.

Everything about this movie, including the fact that I can't recall the name of it, confirms the fact that going to the movies is a waste of money.

I remember, as a kid, going to the LANS THEATER on Ridge Road in Lansing, IL in the 1960's. It had air conditioning and we'd go to matinee movies in the summer months because it had air conditioning at a time when most homes did not have anything like the comfort of central AC. But now movie theaters are less comfortable than most homes, and offer little more than speedy delivery of a movie. My lay-z-boy is more comfortable. My surround sound can be adjusted to a volume level that doesn't make my ears bleed, and if i want popcorn my microwave can deliver a hot bag of it in about 2.5 minutes.

About a year from now I'll forget this lesson, repeat it, and then b!t(h about over-paying to go see a movie that is not memorable.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Ad Astra or something like that? I was looking up what was playing earlier, until this chick flaked, and that was one of the things playing. I wondered what it was but wasn't interested enough to click.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Went to see a Brad Pitt movie. Don't recall the name of it. He was an astronaut. Not worth the price of admission and popcorn and soda cost $15.00+ on top of the price of the movie.

No wonder we don't go out more often!!!

WTH?
    The ex and I used to go to the half price matinees quite often. Ticket price was $6 I think. I would get a cup of water and smuggle snacks in my purse. He was a popcorn and soda guy.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    There are some movies I just can't wait to see and/or there's something special about seeing them on the big screen. Particularly my big blockbuster, visually and aurally impressive nerd fests like Marvel and Star Wars movies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There are some movies I just can't wait to see and/or there's something special about seeing them on the big screen. Particularly my big blockbuster, visually and aurally impressive nerd fests like Marvel and Star Wars movies.
    Neither is worth seeing anymore.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Agreed. Even with a 60" TV at home and surround sound, I cannot duplicate the GIANT WALLSIZE screen in a theatre nor can I come closes to the audio. There are a very small % of movies that deserve to be seen in a theatre.

Most movies are unmemorable like the movie I watched last night and paid way too much money to see.

We say it on the pseudo-IMAX screen at AMC and I think the tickets were $15 each.

95% of the movies are better off seen on a TV screen, streamed over the internet or rented at the Redbox.

Neither is worth seeing anymore.
    I would have preferred to see ENDGAME on the big screen.

I paid to see the anniversary showing of PRINCESS BRIDE on the big screen, that was actually a good choice. But it would not have been worth seeing it on an IMAX screen.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    They've ruined both franchises for me. Lack of originality in the new Star Wars movies, and their social engineering crap both turned me off to pretty much anything Disney at this point.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    True. Library is always an option as well. Truth be told I haven't even rented a movie in several years. I usually wait for it to come on TV anymore. I might make an exception here soon and go rent John wick 3

Saw where I could pay to see JW3 on my Comcast menu; it's tempting, but I havn't paid to see anything in ... decades. JW3 might be worth it, though?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom