Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    How about this one.
    e0a00673d4c3bd3a66aa3c3edc076500.jpg

Bored, sitting at home, on disability, someone come and drive me to Point Blank or any other range.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Just picked up 3- 2x10x10 and 1- 2x10x8 to build a raised garden bed on the side of the house, total dimensions will be about 35'x36". Wife dug out all the weeds and old plants 2 weeks ago, last week we tilled it about 4-6" deep, this week we will install the 2x10's about 2-3" below grade for some stability, as well as brace them to 1-by's and add about 6" of garden soil on top...roughly 2-yards worth.

Then I move back to the flag pole that the previous owner installed right in the middle of the yard. I've dug out around it, and I'm down roughly 14" and I cannot find the bottom of the concrete. Going to rent a small jackhammer (unless anyone has one to borrow...?) to break it all up. At lease deep enough to cover with a few inches of topsoil if I cannot find the bottom.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just picked up 3- 2x10x10 and 1- 2x10x8 to build a raised garden bed on the side of the house, total dimensions will be about 35'x36". Wife dug out all the weeds and old plants 2 weeks ago, last week we tilled it about 4-6" deep, this week we will install the 2x10's about 2-3" below grade for some stability, as well as brace them to 1-by's and add about 6" of garden soil on top...roughly 2-yards worth.

Then I move back to the flag pole that the previous owner installed right in the middle of the yard. I've dug out around it, and I'm down roughly 14" and I cannot find the bottom of the concrete. Going to rent a small jackhammer (unless anyone has one to borrow...?) to break it all up. At lease deep enough to cover with a few inches of topsoil if I cannot find the bottom.

If he went below the frost line like you're supposed to in this area it should be 36" deep as far as the concrete goes, to prevent heaving.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yes. I hope to work on the pool. Maybe even get a flag pole stripped and repainted, hole dug, concrete poured.

And yes, the flag pole you are digging out is probably twice as deep as you've dug, or more.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Quiet, you!. I am one of the old dads; when my mom was the age I am now, I was married and my little sister was 21. My youngest will be 5 in August. I’m going to be able to retire about three years after I die.
    I have a BIL who was 65 when his youngest son graduated high school to many years ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom