• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Do you have trouble finding the Red Dot quickly?
    I have figured out a few things.

First, my eyes are too old to focus on the front sight, despite the fact that it is one of the big dot self-glowing tritium sights.

Second, the green laser from the Viridian E Series under barrel mounted laser unit is visible and easy to see out to 50 yards, even in the sunlight. It is also super fast to find.

Third, there is a technique to finding the red dot. Bring the gun up level and the dot is right where you expect it. Bring the gun up front sight high or front sight low and you will hunt for the dot. After some practice it is pretty easy to bring the gun up and find the dot where you expect it, if you close your weak eye it is much faster. Bring it up 2 eyes open and it is harder to find the dot. Bring it up incorrectly with 2 eyes open and you need a lot more practice.

So with some practice of proper technique the dot is very easy and fast to find. I'm still faster with the laser. People who have extensive training with dots (I do not) claim the dots are as fast as lasers. Could be. It is easy for me to find the dot on a follow up shot. But I also know, I'm always slower with the irons.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have figured out a few things.

First, my eyes are too old to focus on the front sight, despite the fact that it is one of the big dot self-glowing tritium sights.

Second, the green laser from the Viridian E Series under barrel mounted laser unit is visible and easy to see out to 50 yards, even in the sunlight. It is also super fast to find.

Third, there is a technique to finding the red dot. Bring the gun up level and the dot is right where you expect it. Bring the gun up front sight high or front sight low and you will hunt for the dot. After some practice it is pretty easy to bring the gun up and find the dot where you expect it, if you close your weak eye it is much faster. Bring it up 2 eyes open and it is harder to find the dot. Bring it up incorrectly with 2 eyes open and you need a lot more practice.

So with some practice of proper technique the dot is very easy and fast to find. I'm still faster with the laser. People who have extensive training with dots (I do not) claim the dots are as fast as lasers. Could be. It is easy for me to find the dot on a follow up shot. But I also know, I'm always slower with the irons.
    Thank you - excellent summary.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Looking forward to Friday with a high in the 20's. Hope that's the last gasp of winter but expect we'll see at least one good snow in March.
    I'm down for one more good snow. Think we'll get better than 6" but it'll be gone in a few days. I plan to sit tight for the weekend.

Gotta go get bread/milk/eggs today. I got enough TP to get me through the next glacial maximum.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And California is still under "severe drought' orders because their water board continues to dump water out into the ocean instead of filling the reservoirs.

Nothing makes sense anymore :fogey:
    That makes sense for California. They should just go ahead and shut off their electric grid and go back to living life like it was the 18th century

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    And California is still under "severe drought' orders because their water board continues to dump water out into the ocean instead of filling the reservoirs.

Nothing makes sense anymore :fogey:

Saw a recent documentary on The Great Salt Lake in Utah. Seems they're diverting so much water away from it for Ag and urban use that it's drying up. And that's creating a huge toxic dust arsenic problem for those downwind. Now they're going to try remediation efforts which include sprinkling systems from the same water they're diverting.

Just a coincidence, but it's going to cost "billions upon billions" according to Mitt Romney. Peoples' tax $$ flows freer than the water nowadays, it seems.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    It would have been CM's birthday today and @Snapdragon started a happy birthday thread for him back in 2019. That thread got revived today and as I was scrolling through it I see post #8 from Big Tanker. Then there is a recent thread on here which is basically a goodbye from KG1. Bad,sad stuff.

Sure seems like life sucks sometimes.

Last edited:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    It would have been CM's birthday today and @Snapdragon started a happy birthday thread for him back in 2019. That thread got revived today and as I was scrolling through it I see post #8 from Big Tanker. Then there is a recent thread on here which is basically a goodbye from CG1. Bad,sad stuff.

Sure seems like life sucks sometimes.
    For a minute I took that as CG21 and was thinking WTF?? Sucks no matter who but I thought i missed one of our own having major issues.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    For a minute I took that as CG21 and was thinking WTF?? Sucks no matter who but I thought i missed one of our own having major issues.
    Sorry user is KG1, here's the thread:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom