• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've had almost all my milwaukee stuff for years at work. Years... Beat the **** out of it.

The rigid I feel is best for at home, I've had that stuff for years too but it would never ever hold up to daily abuse...

There is a reason ALL 3 of my tools trucks sell milwaukee.
    They are about the same price. Why would you buy an inferior product for home use?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Anyone have experience with the Sig 365 series pistols? I handled a 365x the other day at Blythe's in Valpo. It felt real good. I'm trying to accumulate a few different options for concealed carry, and sort out what works best for myself and the wife.

I had one for about 500 rounds. The trigger is garbage, but better than a glock. Honestly the gun is kinda hot garbage for the price, till spend more money on it and get the Wilson Combat grip which actually makes it feel pretty good. At least they come with night sights. Of course for the same money you could just get a nice gun like an S&W M&P Shield Plus Performance Center.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I had one for about 500 rounds. The trigger is garbage, but better than a glock. Honestly the gun is kinda hot garbage for the price, till spend more money on it and get the Wilson Combat grip which actually makes it feel pretty good. At least they come with night sights. Of course for the same money you could just get a nice gun like an S&W M&P Shield Plus Performance Center.

Thanks for the input. I haven't handled the M&P Shield yet. I think I want a Holosun Red Dot on this one, so I need the optic ready slide. As to the triggers, most of them suck compared to my 1911's, but I want to get acquainted with some of these smaller-format striker-fired polymer options.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Thanks for the input. I haven't handled the M&P Shield yet. I think I want a Holosun Red Dot on this one, so I need the optic ready slide. As to the triggers, most of them suck compared to my 1911's, but I want to get acquainted with some of these smaller-format striker-fired polymer options.

I have two performance centers for carry, one with optic and one without. The PC triggers are pretty legit out of the box too. (If in the Valpo area, can come by and test drive)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Anyone have experience with the Sig 365 series pistols? I handled a 365x the other day at Blythe's in Valpo. It felt real good. I'm trying to accumulate a few different options for concealed carry, and sort out what works best for myself and the wife.

I looked at the Sig 365, and a few others. Then I looked at a Springfield Hellcat and own a Glock 26.

I was sold on the Sig 365 until Dark Kevin and tstar told me about the Hellcat. I tried it. I was sold.

G26 is now living with a neighbor who doesn't know any better.

Sig 365, Taurus, Kimber, et al were never purchased.

Hellcat is my new EDC. Love it. Bushnell RXU200 sub compact red dot. Viridian green laser under. Both the red dot and the green laser converge at 30 feet.

tempImageHwhLsY.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

oh so now u a big :spend: cause u got .gov work hu?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Something like this

Looks like the Ryobi is only $20 cheaper, so I would pass on that.

Tools are like guns with people's recommendations.
    The ATOMIC series is for occasional home use. If u r going 2 go yellow get the next level up instead. The batteries work on all the yellow.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The ATOMIC series is for occasional home use. If u r going 2 go yellow get the next level up instead. The batteries work on all the yellow.
    I got Ryobi.

Mock my choice all you want. It works.

Batteries used to be total crap. They have gotten a lot better. H.D. gives the tools away during the Ryobi Days and fathers day sales. I've got some that are 10-15 years old and still going strong.

Pay :spend:big money for red, yellow and orange. I'll live with the cheap stuff and laugh all the way to the bank. I destroyed 1 Ryobi drill in less than 1 year. But I have 3 others that are 5 to 15 years old. Destroyed an orbital sander after 10+ years and got my money's worth out of that one. Still using a 15+ year old Ryobi sawzall, couple of 15+ year old hammer drills, 15+ year old circular saw, etc etc etc. We flip houses and commercial property. I use the stuff at home. Currently doing a condo in Chicago and a 20 unit property outside of South Bend. I'm not saying its the best. I'm saying it is cheap on sale and it works. Define better and maybe I'll buy that. But for now, and for the past decade, Ryobi. I've got Milwaukee, Bosch, Greenworks, etc too. My tool bag doesn't need to impress anyone.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I tried a SIG365 and instantly disliked the grip. Much too small for my hand,...I think I scared the dealer I jumped away from it so fast,...but I knew instantly it wasn't for me. I did not know at the time that different grip frames were available for it but that didn't matter. Next gun I picked up was a Shield Plus and I knew right then and there that was the one. I already had a pile of 1.0 Shields that I didn't much care for but the Plus combined with grip texture and the +3 magazine sealed the deal. Now I've got a Shield9 Plus and two 30 Super Carries and just mounted the Holosuns to them all today in fact.

The two 30SC guns I purchased new but the 9mm I just picked up recently used so I don't know when it was manufactured. When mounting the Holosun I tackled the 9mm first and found that although they say it's a 507k footprint, that's really not true. The slide cut has two round bosses at the front and two more at the rear. The Holosun only uses the front two bosses and even those need to be cut down to about .030" to fit,....the rear two bosses need to be ground away(or you can use an adapter plate,....I HATE adapter plates). Yesterday I spent an hour out in the shop with a drill press and rotary grinder modifying the slide for the sight. Got the 9mm done and popped the cover off the first 30SC expecting to have to do the same all over again but nope. Both 30SC slides were cut properly for the Holosun and the sights bolted right on. Don't know if that's a new change that will also be on current production 9mms or what.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I got Ryobi.

Mock my choice all you want. It works.

Batteries used to be total crap. They have gotten a lot better. H.D. gives the tools away during the Ryobi Days and fathers day sales. I've got some that are 10-15 years old and still going strong.

Pay :spend:big money for red, yellow and orange. I'll live with the cheap stuff and laugh all the way to the bank. I destroyed 1 Ryobi drill in less than 1 year. But I have 3 others that are 5 to 15 years old. Destroyed an orbital sander after 10+ years and got my money's worth out of that one. Still using a 15+ year old Ryobi sawzall, couple of 15+ year old hammer drills, 15+ year old circular saw, etc etc etc. We flip houses and commercial property. I use the stuff at home. Currently doing a condo in Chicago and a 20 unit property outside of South Bend. I'm not saying its the best. I'm saying it is cheap on sale and it works. Define better and maybe I'll buy that. But for now, and for the past decade, Ryobi. I've got Milwaukee, Bosch, Greenworks, etc too. My tool bag doesn't need to impress anyone.
    Thing is, it isn't big money. On the driver/drill combo it was $20 more.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

I have an original Sig P365, if you'd like to try it out. It runs great, no issues so far
    Have a Shield as well if you'd like to try them side by side. So far I like the P365 a little more but not really anything I can say other than just me.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Friend bought one as his edc. Shoots fine. He was having issues, I asked him the last time he cleaned it. He said I have only shot it when you take me out...soo never. We had a class to fix this. I'm not a fan of it's takedown, but that's my only knock on it since they improved the original design.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I worked for our Church ministries for 10 years and all power tools were provided.

When I went back to full time carpentry I bought Ryobi blue tools and with nicad batteries they almost had enough power. I upgraded to their green tools with nimh batteries and they kept up.

When my knees went bad I sat in a chair and told people what to do. One day I needed to cut rafters because no one else could.

I had my trusty Skil worm drive and another guy had the Milwaukee rear handle saw. I tried it and it had as much power as the Skil.

After I got my knees fixed it was the first new tool I bought.

I now have nearly every Milwaukee Carpentry tool they make.

For home use I would recommend the Rigid tools, because of their life time guarantee.

PS someone said buy the lit you will save money, this is true, but I love that Milwaukee also sells bare tools. As it is I have half a dozen spare charger in a bin. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 batteries so I don't buy kits unless it is a great deal.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    PS someone said buy the lit you will save money, this is true, but I love that Milwaukee also sells bare tools. As it is I have half a dozen spare charger in a bin. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 batteries so I don't buy kits unless it is a great deal.
    Once you pick a brand, bare tools are great. I only have 5 or 6 batteries for my DeWalts, but that is more than I can use. Same with my eGos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom