Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Anybody have an recommendations where to get labs run in the st john/CPT area?
    I would check to see who your insurance covers best. When I had Anthem, I strolled into St Anthony's lab and had them done, and got a bill for $400. Next time I went to Alverno in The Pointe plaza next to the bakery, and I had zero copay. I used Alverno after that for the entire time I was working. Now that I have Aetna, my copay for labs is $5 no matter where I go.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I would check to see who your insurance covers best. When I had Anthem, I strolled into St Anthony's lab and had them done, and got a bill for $400. Next time I went to Alverno in The Pointe plaza next to the bakery, and I had zero copay. I used Alverno after that for the entire time I was working. Now that I have Aetna, my copay for labs is $5 no matter where I go.
    Stupid dumb me, I see a Dr in st john in that community building. So I just figured you walk over to the lab there... No no no. $700 out of pocket the last time I went.

I had no idea you could walk out with your orders and go anywhere.

Again. Lifing...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So I'm assuming I just call Quest and tell them I'm getting a physical from my Dr and will Bring my labs..?
    Yes. The doctor would have given you paperwork. Or if you are part of the community hospital network it's all of their computers.

But call your insurance first to confirm what lab *AND* location, repeat AND location is in your plan. Otherwise you will get hit with a stupid high bill!

Ask jedi how jedi knows this bs!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yes. The doctor would have given you paperwork. Or if you are part of the community hospital network it's all of their computers.

But call your insurance first to confirm what lab *AND* location is in your plan. Otherwise you will get hit with a stupid high bill!

Ask jedi how jedi knows this bs!
    I've learned not to trust people on the phone. I look on the website for myself.

Ask Snap how she knows this bs!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    jedi has been burned BOTH ways.
    BCBS claiming the website info was wrong. :facepalm:

BCBC rep saying yes LabCorp is in the plan. But alas the LabCorp satellite office jedi went to is NOT part of corporate so they are NOT in the plan. :facepalm:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I think I have decided to definitely get a kit of tools. I need a drill, circular saw, maybe sawsall, perhaps one of those high torque impacts.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I think I have decided to definitely get a kit of tools. I need a drill, circular saw, maybe sawsall, perhaps one of those high torque impacts.
    Maybe think about a multi tool instead of the Sawzall. Clutch tools at my house are: Drill, Impact, Circular and Multi. I can get pretty much anything done within those. Throw in a level and a square, you should be pretty good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom