Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Finally got a short range trip in today and wow am I disappointed in my groups... My eyes are fixed but I kept finding myself using my left eye to line up the sights. I have done this for some years now because of a 90 % blockage in my right eye but realizing my right eye works now but I still use the left eye... This sucks...
    I have been right eye dominant all of my life. When I had a cataract on my right eye my dominance shifted to my left eye. Now my groups with my right eye are much bigger than the roots of my left eye are much bigger than ones used to be with my right eye.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Got busy doing 'chores' yesterday morning and noticed that the water was running slowly into the washing machine. That sometimes happens with a power interruption at the barn(which is on a separate utility circuit and runs the well pump). I go out and cycle the breaker but that doesn't help. Bang on the pump relay but that doesn't help. Not good. By the time I'm sure it's the well pump it's noon on a Friday. Double not good.

Had the well serviced in 2016 but don't remember by whom. Can't find any paperwork. Go to the well head and see who put the well in back in 1997. Number's been disconnected. Online search finds no current record of their existence. Triple not good.

So I get to call up a random well driller I know nothing about,....on a Friday afternoon no less,....and pray that I can have running water again some time next week. FMR.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Oh, one other thing I did before narrowing the problem down to the well pump was dig out a hydrant in the yard. Noticed that one of my 'frost free' hydrants had frozen up over the winter and split the pipe. Evidently the underground weep hole was plugged, trapping water in the upright and freeze cracking the pipe. Noticed that earlier in the week when I went out to flush the lines and had water blasting out from the cracked seam. I was 'hoping' that the hydrant had failed down at the water line and the reason for my lack of water at the house was a busted line. Dug down four feet to get to the line and nothing wet down there. Rats, that's easier/quicker to fix and pay for than a new well pump. I'm paying for the digging and climbing in and out of the hole a dozen times today. I can barely move now.

Last edited:

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    So the good news,.....I HAVE WATER!! Cold called Oliver Well Drilling out of Mill Creek at NOON on a Friday and they had a truck and crew here within thirty minutes confirming the bad pump and checking out my setup. There was some funkiness going on with the well that they needed some extra supplies to deal with but that gave me an hour to run to town to grab a replacement hydrant. By the time they got back I had returned with the hydrant and got back down in the hole to replace it. They got done before me but only by a couple of minutes and we were ready to run. They were packed up and gone by 4PM and I didn't have to sit around covered in sweat and sand for the entire weekend.

Hey, nothing $3500 and a lot of luck couldn't fix. I can't believe they got me back in business in a day.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So the good news,.....I HAVE WATER!! Cold called Oliver Well Drilling out of Mill Creek at NOON on a Friday and they had a truck and crew here within thirty minutes confirming the bad pump and checking out my setup. There was some funkiness going on with the well that they needed some extra supplies to deal with but that gave me an hour to run to town to grab a replacement hydrant. By the time they got back I had returned with the hydrant and got back down in the hole to replace it. They got done before me but only by a couple of minutes and we were ready to run. They were packed up and gone by 4PM and I didn't have to sit around covered in sweat and sand for the entire weekend.

Hey, nothing $3500 and a lot of luck couldn't fix. I can't believe they got me back in business in a day.
    Our well pump switch went out this Winter at the beginning of that bad cold. Called Rippe and got them just as they were packing up for the weekend. 10 minutes later and they would have been gone. They got us back running that afternoon too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Congrats!

Now that acteons is a lazy bum not working, all those on welfare will thank you for picking up the slack.

Make sure your credit score is high and you give a good down-payment as well cause daddy J is gonna increase the fees on good borrowers as well.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Old boat went bye bye today, picked up and cash in hand. Bmv visit to register new boat and let state rob me done, was planning to fertilize the yard today too, but not sure about that now, is it too cold/crummy out to fertilize or should I go ahead and do it?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Old boat went bye bye today, picked up and cash in hand. Bmv visit to register new boat and let state rob me done, was planning to fertilize the yard today too, but not sure about that now, is it too cold/crummy out to fertilize or should I go ahead and do it?
    Wait until it warms up consistently. Most if the nutrition applied now will go straight down past the roots. I still haven't applied any.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom