Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I paid into Social Security from 1974 - 1993 ... but now I pay into Railroad Retirement (1993 - 2025) - so I will never see any of the Social Security money
    Not true.
    The 2 agency do talk to each other. Some portion of your ssa fund will be given to rrb. It won't happen on day 1.

Source

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    In other news.

Wtf!! Did indiana dot rip up the borman now going eastbound. Like wtf could they NOT do it 2 years ago when they were doing the bridge repairs. Nnnnnooo let's f... rip is up now 2 years later and make it a 2 lane highway again so we back up all the f... traffic to the IL side and beyond.

And let's just rip up a tiny portion but leave all our equipment scattered for miles. F... a...h!!!!!

Let work at 10.30am and it took 2.5hours! :xmad:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I love a good Fuji apple, but that one just tasted like crunchy water.
    Unless this is some sort of inside joke out of season fruit and veggies are awful. I don’t know if it was always this way or if I am a produce snob now? I can’t even eat tomatoes right now. Like red mushy water :puke:

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Can't get good galas anymore either. It's been yrs since I've had one that didn't taste like a bad red delicious(hint,...they're not). I keep trying though and have probably thrown twenty bags away after only one or two apples. I think I'll restrict my apple intake to locally grown, in season orchard apples.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Well S**t, since you folks were at it :stickpoke: how about pay to play all the way around. I've paid property taxes on my house
    for over 30 years, the majority of which go to the schools. I've never had a kid in any school system. I never went to the
    public school system for grade or high school and my parents paid property taxes, most of which went to the school sytem.
    I think people that keep pumping out the kids should have to fit their own bill for education. So there. I'll take as much SSI
    as I can get because I paid for you youngun's education. ETA, AND I paid into SS, sometimes to the max.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Well S**t, since you folks were at it :stickpoke: how about pay to play all the way around. I've paid property taxes on my house
    for over 30 years, the majority of which go to the schools. I've never had a kid in any school system. I never went to the
    public school system for grade or high school and my parents paid property taxes, most of which went to the school sytem.
    I think people that keep pumping out the kids should have to fit their own bill for education. So there. I'll take as much SSI
    as I can get because I paid for you youngun's education. ETA, AND I paid into SS, sometimes to the max.
    Cant feed em don't breed em.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Anyone who has kids is on welfare. Then it's sports, sports, sports. School sports is government subsidized childcare.
    More emphasis is placed on sports than the curriculum. I know a guy who was helping his kids choose a college based
    upon who was the coach of a particular sport and they weren't even going to be on the team.
    I say forget a referendum. Let the parents fork over the dough. Rant over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom