Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    "The National Weather Service Chicago Office has been able to confirm that an EF-1 tornado struck Merrillville Friday night and the Hobart/Green Acres, IN area Friday evening."

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    "The National Weather Service Chicago Office has been able to confirm that an EF-1 tornado struck Merrillville Friday night and the Hobart/Green Acres, IN area Friday evening."
    I find it humorous they make a big deal out of whether there was an actual tornado or not.

We got hit by a rotating storm some years ago with 120MPH winds. Drove hail right through our siding on the North facing walls. It wasn't a tornado though.
    I found it on the NOAA website. Aug 2007.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I find it humorous they make a big deal out of whether there was an actual tornado or not.

We got hit by a rotating storm some years ago with 120MPH winds. Drove hail right through our siding on the North facing walls. It wasn't a tornado though.
    I found it on the NOAA website. Aug 2007.
    U live on the middle of nowhere land pppooorrrttteeerr county.

Us cilivied folks don't care when the winds blow away stuff in that area.

But if it hits lake county, especially Northern lake county we have to sensationalize it, we need attention, we need tax money, we need help, we need hum...hum... more stuff. ;)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Who is the member that owns a print shop in our group?
    Can you PM please.
    Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN (GIF Image)

@mmpsteve

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I will continue to dream of a world where people in my grandparents generation, soon becoming parents generation have to suffer their own failures so that those in the newer generation are not burdened for the sake of the previous generation. Anyone collecting social security at the expense of their grandchildren and great grandchildren is hateful in my opinion. I hate kids, there are far too many of them in the world. Though I could never hate them enough to pile debt on top of them while taking their hard earned money through tax. At least not yet.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Yeah, it's going to be the younger generation paying, and rightly so. You've grown up in the world we've given you, full of luxury and ease, and you finally get the opportunity to pay for some of it. Not saying our parents didn't leave us better off,....not at all,....but we paid for their retirement. You can pay for ours.

My parents grew up in tiny, two bedroom 800sq ft houses with a single bath. They provided me with a three bedroom two bath home to grow up in. By my teens we even had ac and a color TV. We had both a car and a truck over those yrs, although my folks never in their lives owned a new vehicle nor one with less than 100,000 miles on it. They brought me up well and paid my way through college so I had massive advantages they didn't have. I was only too happy to pay for that once I started being an adult. Money well spent.

Now at age 62 I look back and realize I've only once in my life purchased a new car. A brand spanking new econobox with crank windows and manual locks. I still live in the same house we moved into back in 1967. I've never spent more than $100 on a phone and I've never even owned a new laptop. Nope, that's not right. I once spent a fair amount for a new Dell that blew up in less than a yr, but other than that one I've lived my entire life with $100 used laptops.

I could care less if an entire generation of entitled brats have to pay for my retirement while driving to work in $60k hopped up pickups and Teslas. Really. I don't even care if your kids are saddled with that debt. They've had it easier than even you. I see parents sitting in their SUVs at the end of their driveways with their kids waiting for the schoolbus to arrive and sitting alone at the end of the driveway in the afternoon waiting for the bus to bring their spawn back. As kids, we stood out along the road for anything up to an hour in three feet of snow waiting on a bus we hoped would arrive. The thought of sitting in a warm car(with heated seats no doubt)would never have even occurred to us, nor to any of our parents.

And I feel blessed to have had it that good. No doubt Dad had it worse, digging his truck out of the snowbank every morning at 5AM because we were too poor to even have a garage. And driving to work in that unheated cab with three on the tree and a pile of cement blocks in the rear for traction.

Tell me again how bad you have it. I'd like to shed a tear for you.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I will continue to dream of a world where people in my grandparents generation, soon becoming parents generation have to suffer their own failures so that those in the newer generation are not burdened for the sake of the previous generation. Anyone collecting social security at the expense of their grandchildren and great grandchildren is hateful in my opinion. I hate kids, there are far too many of them in the world. Though I could never hate them enough to pile debt on top of them while taking their hard earned money through tax. At least not yet.
    So you want to just steal all of the money they put into the system? Nice

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom