NTSB wants ignition interlock technology in all new vehicles.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Many of the things mandated make everyone safer. But this is, to me , a form of punishment for law abiding folks. Your car will cost more, you will have to deal with the system failing and costing you money to fix it. In my experience about 90% of the warnings provided by safety monitoring systems are due to the warning system failing.

How about zero tolerance for driving drunk? You get caught and you lose your license permanently. You drive after that, because idiots will, you go to jail for 20 years minimum.

Don't keep sober folk from driving because the alcohol detection system failed. Lock up the idiots who can't stay out their vehicles after they drink.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Many of the things mandated make everyone safer. But this is, to me , a form of punishment for law abiding folks. Your car will cost more, you will have to deal with the system failing and costing you money to fix it. In my experience about 90% of the warnings provided by safety monitoring systems are due to the warning system failing.

How about zero tolerance for driving drunk? You get caught and you lose your license permanently. You drive after that, because idiots will, you go to jail for 20 years minimum.

Don't keep sober folk from driving because the alcohol detection system failed. Lock up the idiots who can't stay out their vehicles after they drink.
    Or this. Drink and drive and have an accident. If the victim is dead or critically injured, take 3 blood draws and have them tested at 3 different labs. If all 3 show impairment levels, You are killed and buried the same day as the victim. problem solved. Guaranteed zero recidivism.

Probably not purple.

EDIT but we harvest your organs so you can actually pay back society for the death you caused.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

And weeks after the cars are introduced there will be thousands of YouTube vids showing how to defeat the safety system…

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I posted about this awhile back, the mandatory technology to monitor you and potentially pull over for you if it thinks you are drunk or tired. I'm thinking my next truck may be my last truck. I'm still not a huge fan of the idea of OTA updates, but I've at least learned you can disable them so it's not the poison pill I was afraid it would be.

Top Bottom