• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Why go from 100% against it to 99% for it with a 1% change in wording that is almost meaningless?

Its a recurring question. They back federal gun control; promote federal no-rights lists; book speeches promoting the War on Terror.

They haven't gone soft, the leaders are Judas Goats.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I always liked this illustration of the history of our gun rights, and how they've been wittled away

http://thepatriotperspective.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/gun-compromise-law-dog.png

Sounds similar to how people may view the NRA's stances today. Yeah, they've made some concessions in order to win elsewhere. That's politics. We don't like it, and it may not end well for us, but that's just how it's happening.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    The NRA has BEEN soft for as long as I remember. They are at best completely ineffectual. There are those who will call them a "false flag" organization at worst. Either way They are not doing us any good.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    The NRA has BEEN soft for as long as I remember. They are at best completely ineffectual. There are those who will call them a "false flag" organization at worst. Either way They are not doing us any good.

They have been ineffective in states that need them the most. The recent victory in Michigan is one out of few. There are still states that follow the unconstitutional "may-issue" process of carry licenses.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I always liked this illustration of the history of our gun rights, and how they've been wittled away

http://thepatriotperspective.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/gun-compromise-law-dog.png

Sounds similar to how people may view the NRA's stances today. Yeah, they've made some concessions in order to win elsewhere. That's politics. We don't like it, and it may not end well for us, but that's just how it's happening.

We need to play the game by their rules. They'll try to chip away gun rights, and we need to put it back piece by piece.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I firmly believe the NRA is the ONLY reason right now we have been protected from the latest rounds of gov't trying to take our guns. Obama and fienstein thought newtown was it, they went full out and the NRA won. We won. I think the NRA has more balls than any other political organization out there.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    NRA going soft?

No, they got what they wanted and protected those not subjected to federal disqualification and protected the rights of those disqualified by being able to regain their guns once the NCO or PO is vacated or expires.

Not sure but it seems that the NRA agreed to the legislation with minor changes that really have no effect on the law as written.

It has a big affect.

1. There has to be an order.

2. The guns do not escheat but go to family and friends where they will be easier to recover upon vacation or expiration of the order.

3. The WA law adds nothing that is not already federal law.

Those changes, Bassett and Wilkie wrote, include altering a provision that will now, if signed into law, allow alleged abuser to surrender their guns to friends and family instead of the state. And although it might only be a minor edit,

It is not a minor edit, especially in light of the failure of a single person in the Washington legislature to vote against it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They haven't gone soft, the leaders are Judas Goats.

Washington State is the home of the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF).

Where was SAF/Strictly Against Firearms? Off litigating against INGO members again?

Oh, BTW, the big wookie gun rights outfit in Washington, GOAL, is officially neutral on this.

http://wagoal.org/wordpress/

Where are the libertarians? Why won't they defend our rights?

1840 as passed: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2013-14/Pdf/Bills/Session Laws/House/1840-S.SL.pdf

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I saw them in concert years ago and had no idea they are now with the NRA.

Judas Goat rocked. I saw their American Zone tour.

They opened with "I want my pony and I want it now".

Then they did "Hurry up and fix the car while I sit inside it and read science fiction (because I care about Liberty)".

They closed with a rousing live version of "Give me, give me, give me, now, now, now".

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "...shall not be infringed..."

unless RCW 9.41.040 and 2011 c 193 s 1 claim its OK to infringe.

Because the government giveth rights, and the government taketh them away.

Top Bottom