• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    This could be very true, yet still here we are getting nowhere fast. Even If they have balls...

Nowhere? this latest round in the senate months back was huge, let alone the 2 years they had full control of congress in the early obama years, nothing got done on guns, nothing. Newtown was the greatest thing to happen for a liberal anti gun wacko, they tried to exploit it to the fullest and look what happened, nothing. It was the NRA who stepped in, took the heat for every american gun owner, they are still taking the heat. Look at how they are demonized so often now in public by the left. Yeah they were always hated but look at it, this means they are being VERY EFFECTIVE, when the left goes after you publicly and nationally, you are doing something right. Just like the TEA party, when you pose a threat they go at you hard. Thank god for the NRA. plus they put on a fun show :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    This could be very true, yet still here we are getting nowhere fast. Even If they have balls...

Nowhere? this latest round in the senate months back was huge, let alone the 2 years they had full control of congress in the early obama years, nothing got done on guns, nothing. Newtown was the greatest thing to happen for a liberal anti gun wacko, they tried to exploit it to the fullest and look what happened, nothing. It was the NRA who stepped in, took the heat for every american gun owner, they are still taking the heat. Look at how they are demonized so often now in public by the left. Yeah they were always hated but look at it, this means they are being VERY EFFECTIVE, when the left goes after you publicly and nationally, you are doing something right. Just like the TEA party, when you pose a threat they go at you hard. Thank god for the NRA. plus they put on a fun show :)

I suppose That I am to the point of "No more Mr. nice guy" when it comes to my rights. I want the NRA to draw blood and to draw it often. If they have so much weight then the Anti's should draw back a bloody stub whenever they put their hand into the pot.

I wrote off the NRA in the '80s and haven't given them any credibility since then. If they are winning all that ground, I sure don't feel any freer. I see the NRA the same as I see the Republican party, out of touch with my politics and serving their own interests instead of the interests of the American people. That's not too much of a stretch since they both are the same group of politicians.

They are both giving the good talk but when it comes to ACTION, there is nothing. I want to see bold heroic Line-In-The-Sand, to the death confrontation or I won't even look. Like Republicans, If they want me back they will have to WIN ME BACK.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    The NRA was founded to be a training organization to make sure that America had better shooters if a war again arose. They have morphed into training and working to protect the second amendment. Now will we all agree on how that should be accomplished nope sure won't. There five million members won't all agree let alone worrying what the anti NRA thinks. I proudly wear my NRA belt Buckle everyday and I am proud to be a member I think it is a great organization. If you don't agree with them don't join and try to get your own 5 million member or higher group to lobby and fight for what you want. I would love for the media to interview and show off some of you anti NRA individuals/ groups. I think you would scare the sheeple so much that the NRA actually might gain more power over what they currently have.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I asked this in an honest manner. I'm not an NRA member, never have been, but I don't poopoo those who are. However, to me, the NRA looks to me as a political organization that happens to like guns rather than a gun organization who happens to be political. Politics trumps everything. Who were the star speakers advertised at the convention? Politicians. Ugh!! Who wants to hear them blow sunshine up your bum? The older I get, the further away from politics I want to be. I get enough of it at work daily.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Would those of you that poo-poo the NRA prefer to do without it? Name an alternative that has the influence and bankroll that they do.

Yeah...

We have a love/hate relationship with the NRA. Not everything they say/do is something we agree with, but I'm glad they are out there fighting to preserve our rights.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I firmly believe the NRA is the ONLY reason right now we have been protected from the latest rounds of gov't trying to take our guns. Obama and fienstein thought newtown was it, they went full out and the NRA won. We won. I think the NRA has more balls than any other political organization out there.

This. Tell me another gun group that had accomplished as much? I don't mean a lot of hot air but actually done something that made a political change. Every month the NRA puts legislative issues of what they have accomplished in their magazines. Some haters probably don't read those magazines. Certainly I am not thrilled with everything they do but I feel the same way about EVERYONE. INGO is so ready to throw the baby out with the bath water all the time. It's so easy to whine but other than voicing your displeasure what have you done that made a difference. I'm guessing nothing. I know Rambone is an activist, but Rambone tell me which legislation you changed without the NRA?

If you have changed legislation without the help of the NRA list it here and tell us how you did it. If the evidence is sufficient I will start giving your group my NRA donations.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    However, to me, the NRA looks to me as a political organization that happens to like guns rather than a gun organization who happens to be political.

Politics were forced onto the NRA. As Harlon Carter asked in Cincinatti, how did "staying out of politics" work in 1934 and 1968 for NRA members? Yeah, correct, we got screwed over.

We are at war. Hiding from that fact does not change that fact.

. Politics trumps everything

Yes. Kinda of hard to enjoy your rights when people are shooting at you.

When we win the war we can enjoy peace. Right now we have to fight no matter how much of an inconvenience it is.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I wrote off the NRA in the '80s and haven't given them any credibility since then. If they are winning all that ground, I sure don't feel any freer

The RKBA has made tremendous gains since the 1980s.

I will hit the highlights nationally: abolition of the ammunition registration requirements, surplus rifle importation, the FOPA, carry reform so comprehensive that even Illinois is included, a sunsetted AWB, the instant check, manufacturers immunity to civil lawsuits, political influence so profound that even after Sandy Hook no federal legislation went anywhere.

Just look at Indiana since the 1980s: legalization of machine guns, Lifetime carry, carry in state parks, Preemption I and Preemption II, exceptions to school property just recently.

Just look at the culture, we have shooting contests, and its participants are minor celebrities, on national television. Guns are becoming normalized.

And you are unhappy? You are unhappy because you don't have everything now?

I am sorry, but it don't work that way.

Yes, we have to be involved in politics. Sorry to be the grown up but we have to eat our veggies, take out the trash and clean our rooms. I know, it sucks, but it must be done.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

This, to me at least, is probably the Figure Head NRA's greatest and most lasting achievement. Those three letters give the anti's a paper devil to point at and blame for all their woes. Nanny Bloomberg and Dim Bulb Watts have gone mental over them and huge amount of $$ are being spent to fight an enemy that really doesn't exist because the grabbers always miss the fact that it is not the three, four, or five people at the helm that are really getting laws changed in the States, it is the rank and file membership. From the Fudds to the SF Wannabees, WE present such a diverse crowd, it is nearly impossible for the Antis to come up with a message that will ever effect enough changes in thinking to amass enough support for their cause. This is the latest from the Bloomberg Astro-turf crowd which was circulated on Twitter yesterday.

attachment.php

To me it shows that they have gone full retard. This sort of rabid dog attack mentality is certain to give all but the most indoctrinated and delusional pause to reflect and wonder what this group is really up to. Also, it does a very good job of reinforcing the backlash that Bloomy felt when he announced his war on sugary soda's, which will be equated directly toward the belief that Everytown Mom's are just as loopy and power mad.

Attachments

• NRATerrorist.png
      NRATerrorist.png
      70.8 KB · Views: 49
    Top Bottom