• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Not according to the guy's campaign page. I don't get how people keep saying this. Even if it's not his, Kamala said in her first 100 days she would take executive order against the 2a.
    Not like it matters anymore, but you're fooling yourself if you think he's going to let the 2a lie.

Gun control is not high on Bidens list of priorities. He'll talk about it with his base and then move on.

He has the economy, the plague, and his own party's gnashing of teeth for their pound(s) of flesh from Trump.

Now WOULD be the time to strike as the NRA is reeling. If he does nothing in the first year, which I believe will be the case, then he will lose his opportunity to accomplish anything meaningful for the gun control nuts in his party.

HOWEVER, now IS the time for those members of the NRA to speak up and be heard. Now is the time to strike while the iron is hot and purge the corrupt cabal at the top. Even if we don't get all of them, getting the top leadership removed and his closest flunkies would do great things to come back strong. Again, think Rocky!

Regards,

Doug

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Will this have any impact on life members? My membership is still good for my lifetime?
    There should be no impact.

From their statement.

“What happens to my NRA membership?
    Nothing. Your membership remains intact.

NRA supporters will continue to enjoy all their full member benefits – from new members to Life Members to Benefactor Members. We will continue to publish and deliver your magazines. We will continue to train Americans and teach them firearms safety. We will continue to teach hunter safety.

But most importantly, we will continue to fight for your freedom as we have for all these years. In fact, we are expanding our national platform.”

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    "We NEED a well funded effective NRA in DC." Guy Relford

Well we need to find one then yes.....the old one has sucked for years now.
    I am so glad we finally agree. I hate fighting with you sir. Really.

Now what are we gonna do? Cause what we've been doing ain't working well, correct?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am so glad we finally agree. I hate fighting with you sir. Really.

Now what are we gonna do? Cause what we've been doing ain't working well, correct?
    Never considered it a fight my friend just 2 grown men expressing their views/opinions. :yesway:

Brother I can only say do we save this turd or grow the the other associations. But in that any human being on top of that kind of money should not stay their long.
    Just like that gaggle of monkey asses on the hill.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There should be no impact.

From their statement.

“What happens to my NRA membership?
    Nothing. Your membership remains intact.

NRA supporters will continue to enjoy all their full member benefits – from new members to Life Members to Benefactor Members. We will continue to publish and deliver your magazines. We will continue to train Americans and teach them firearms safety. We will continue to teach hunter safety.

But most importantly, we will continue to fight for your freedom as we have for all these years. In fact, we are expanding our national platform.”
    OK I do not want to diminish what you are about in all of this but we are not seeing much if any fight from the NRA right now.

And thank you for the clarification.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Gun control is not high on Bidens list of priorities. He'll talk about it with his base and then move on.

He has the economy, the plague, and his own party's gnashing of teeth for their pound(s) of flesh from Trump.

Now WOULD be the time to strike as the NRA is reeling. If he does nothing in the first year, which I believe will be the case, then he will lose his opportunity to accomplish anything meaningful for the gun control nuts in his party.

HOWEVER, now IS the time for those members of the NRA to speak up and be heard. Now is the time to strike while the iron is hot and purge the corrupt cabal at the top. Even if we don't get all of them, getting the top leadership removed and his closest flunkies would do great things to come back strong. Again, think Rocky!

Regards,

Doug
    Doug, I've always appreciated your posts. Always well thought out and make sense. I just can't see it working this way. I hope and pray you're right though. I think they've been pretty clear on their 2A plans. No knock on you, sir.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well it's all speculation at this point I think you would have been right if the Republicans could have held the Senate . Since they didn't I bet we see gun control legislation as part of the first hundred days agenda .
    Sure hope you are correct
    Come on Doug. If he is anything like a real lefty Demo he already has a stack of EO's hot off the printer and awaiting his or the chameleons signature. I would bet a well presented Cheeseburger at your favorite joint that this will be soon. Very very soon.

You fine folks are all correct. I am just speculating. I could be entirely wrong. But when you think of Joe Biden what comes to mind is NOT gun control! Think about it going back 30 years. During the Obama administration he was assigned gun law stuff due to a mass shooting event. He did not do squat until the event occurred. And by "do" I mean actively push anything, go out of his way, focus many, many speeches on it.

Diane Fienstein IS a different story. If it were her then I would be worried. Or that idiot Blumberg. But it's not. It's Biden.

And fortunately for gun control enthusiasts AND gun rights supporters there hasn't been a major mass shooting event in a year or more. It isn't front page now. Let us all pray that there isn't one in the next many years.

And let us not let our worry about what the gun control nuts may or may not do distract us from what WE need to do - PURGE the corruption that is/was growing within the NRA. There were just too many shady back room deals. There is a very good reason for term limits in government - same goes for nonprofits (maybe more so).

Regards,

Doug

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Somehow worrying about gun control seems kind of absurd when we apparently can't even hold a legal National election anymore. I worked for the N.R.A. back in the '90s. I could see then that the higher up the management ladder you went the more corrupt they were. They were just a huge sponge for donations that they bought with hats and T shirts and Memberships. It was like watching the early pioneers buy up America from the Indians with beads and knives and wampum. The amount of money they threw around was stupefying. I lasted about 3 years and walked away.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Never considered it a fight my friend just 2 grown men expressing their views/opinions. :yesway:

Brother I can only say do we save this turd or grow the the other associations. But in that any human being on top of that kind of money should not stay their long.
    Just like that gaggle of monkey asses on the hill.
    I vote save the Turd AND grow the other associations! I know I also joined GOA and FPC both actively doing work. Also the NRA does things people are unaware of, especially at the state level. I wish someone more knowledgeable than me would chime in @KellyinAvon I think would has some incite. :twocents:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    And fortunately for gun control enthusiasts AND gun rights supporters there hasn't been a major mass shooting event in a year or more. It isn't front page now. Let us all pray that there isn't one in the next many years.

I'm sure they'll find a way to make use of the yahoos in DC last week to try to get something through. And if anything happens in the next 4 or 5 days, then they'll make it a priority, along with increased surveillance powers, and Patriot Act II.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm sure they'll find a way to make use of the yahoos in DC last week to try to get something through. And if anything happens in the next 4 or 5 days, then they'll make it a priority, along with increased surveillance powers, and Patriot Act II.

Not on Biden's list: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/16/...nistration-executive-action-legislation.html?

Remove travel bans, Muslims good, back to Paris climate, diversity, student loans, immigration reform, etc etc. Nothing on guns.

I would use the DC idiots were I in office and so inclined. Those MORONS handed people on both sides of the aisle justifiable cause to push for all sorts of policies if they were so inclined.

But let us not forget that trying to get meaningful (read: powerful) laws passed costs political capital! Obama got the ACA passed and...? Nada! That thing cost him so much time and political horse trading that after it was done he really didn't do much. Biden knows this. He will put at the top of his agenda what he wants the most that he believes will cost the least. After that, the costs go up and the drive becomes harder.

I look at part of it this way: the democratic base has been b***hing about Trumps policies for years. This isn't even the extremists, just the overall base. Trump was horrible on that evil wall, Trump didn't handle the plague right, etc. Trump pulled out of the Paris climate agreement. Biden is going to be under tremendous pressure to placate his base and do things "the right way, the democrats way." The only move Trump did on guns was regarding bump stocks. This is a nonissue. I believe Biden will focus on mostly what he has said.

Now, should any of the retards that are aligned with the Capitol morons mindset start something, THEN Biden and the nations focus will shift. That could bring a quick and devastating blow. Baring that, Biden will wear his mask, bemoan the horror of Trump, and move to undo Orange Man's "damage."

By the way, I haven't mentioned China or tariffs in this - and neither did Biden. That's a whole other can of worms.

Regards,

Doug

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Doesn't change the fact that we lost, in the absence of active NRA participation.

The dems never brought up the NRA (and spit) once, during the election.

The dems used to fear the NRA. Then they hated us. Now NRA is not a factor. The dems have won.

We really need to think about this...
    Your contention is that trump lost because the NRA wasn't spending money campaigning for him?

Were they absent for Obama's victories too?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Your contention is that trump lost because the NRA wasn't spending money campaigning for him?

Were they absent for Obama's victories too?
    The NRA was spoken about by the dems with discust during the Obama years. That is where the dems developed their open hate for the NRA, (from the president who was supposed to bring us together :rolleyes:.)

Could well be the NRA's contributions that helped to win us the House and Senate back during those Obama years? The NRA was a huge factor in President Trump's first victory. ;)

Last edited:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Come on Doug. If he is anything like a real lefty Demo he already has a stack of EO's hot off the printer and awaiting his or the chameleons signature. I would bet a well presented Cheeseburger at your favorite joint that this will be soon. Very very soon.
    Can't say...
    I lived through the year before the election of "O'bamers Cumin' Fer Yur GUNS!"
    I lived through 8 years of "O'bamers Cumin' Fer Yur GUNS!".
    What actually happened,
    We GAINED the right to carry on AmTrack right of way,
    We GAINED the right to carry in federal parks.
    Now I've lived through 4 years of blaming "O'Bammers" for banning bump stocks, etc while it was Trump that signed the bans.
    I HEAR a lot of blabbering from the internet...
    I SEE something entirely different.
    As far as the NRA is concerned, goodby and good riddance.
    I had a lifetime membership given to me when I was 10 or 11,
    When it came off the rails and was no longer an education/safety, hunting preservation organization I was done with it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I vote save the Turd AND grow the other associations! I know I also joined GOA and FPC both actively doing work. Also the NRA does things people are unaware of, especially at the state level. I wish someone more knowledgeable than me would chime in @KellyinAvon I think would has some incite. :twocents:
    You @'ed? (See what I did there?? ;) )

State level: I've been an NRA-ILA vol for a few years now. It started with wanting to make bailout Joe Donnelly unemployed and meeting the Regional Grassroots Campaign Field Coordinator at the 1500 working the INGO booth. They had Campaign Field Reps in the State in 2018. When I'm in the NRA booth at the 1500 (or anywhere else) I'm there as an NRA-ILA vol.

At the Statehouse: They show up with lawyers to testify in support of legislation being supported by NRA-ILA. They do this in all States and at the National level. There are a lot of States and a lot of bills every year, they can't be there for all.

Chris Kopacki (who Guy mentions frequently) was the lobbyist in this area for many years. He testified numerous times, most recently in support of the Civil Immunity bill in 2019. He was also there when ConC was up in committee in 2017 and at the summer study.

Edit:
    Chris is the #2 at NRA-ILA now. We have a new one, hope to see him in the near future.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom