• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Doesn't change the fact that that is where we are.

With all due respect to all of you neverNRA folks, if you are successful winning your argument, all gun owners are losers.

Is win the battle, lose the war a solid plan? :dunno:
    NRA had 4 years to change a lot of things but chose instead to sit and do nothing. That's how I see them. That's why my money goes to a group that is actually trying to do something and are attacking or defending actively year round.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A statement from NRA leaders Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox said. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So NRA has done nothing in 2020 except preparing to move to Texas and file bankruptcy.
    So NRA has done nothing in 2020 except preparing to move to Texas and file bankruptcy.

Thanks for your expertise and insight. Just for clarification how many days do you spend working with KellyIA at the statehouse? At any statehouse? Just wanted to know of your involvement to be so certain of your opinion?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thanks for your expertise and insight. Just for clarification how many days do you spend working with KellyIA at the statehouse? At any statehouse? Just wanted to know of your involvement to be so certain of your opinion?
    How many have you? I don't get millions of dollars to fight for the 2nd Amendment like the NRA do you? NRA is for regulation on anything that makes a gun fire to fast as their statement above shows.

How hard is it to list say 10 things the NRA has done in 2020 all I have gotten is this BS run around.

10 things the NRA did to defend the 2nd Amendment in 2020 list them please and won.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    NRA had 4 years to change a lot of things but chose instead to sit and do nothing. That's how I see them. That's why my money goes to a group that is actually trying to do something and are attacking or defending actively year round.

If you are a member what exactly did you do to change things?

If they are "attacking or defending year round" why are they not at our statehouse where the laws are made?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you are a member what exactly did you do to change things?

If they are "attacking or defending year round" why are they not at our statehouse where the laws are made?
    Constitutional carry where is it at for Indiana?

I listed several things my group did in 2020 list what the NRA has done in 2020.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How many have you? I don't get millions of dollars to fight for the 2nd Amendment like the NRA do you? NRA is for regulation on anything that makes a gun fire to fast as their statement above shows.

How hard is it to list say 10 things the NRA has done in 2020 all I have gotten is this BS run around.

10 things the NRA did to defend the 2nd Amendment in 2020 list them please and won.

I'm not the one making statements I cannot back up. Here are 50 things they did, you were told that the NRA has legislative people in all 50 states. Working for all gun owners.

Why would a 2A supporter be so inflamed on this? I don't like WPL either but I can see that we need the NRA no matter who is at the helm.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm not the one making statements I cannot back up. Here are 50 things they did, you were told that the NRA has legislative people in all 50 states. Working for all gun owners.

Why would a 2A supporter be so inflamed on this? I don't like WPL either but I can see that we need the NRA no matter who is at the helm.
    10 things they did still not listed. They took millions of dollars and did nothing. Grassroots organizations has done more for Indiana than the NRA.

No it's time for everyone to move to organizations that are actually trying to defend the 2nd Amendment.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    10 things they did still not listed. They took millions of dollars and did nothing. Grassroots organizations has done more for Indiana than the NRA.

No it's time for everyone to move to organizations that are actually trying to defend the 2nd Amendment.

I have you 50. You need to direct that anger to those taking our rights not those working for us, no matter if you like them or not.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have you 50. You need to direct that anger to those taking our rights not those working for us, no matter if you like them or not.
    That is a generalized statement nothing specific. This is exactly why the NRA will not get another dollar more from me. They have done nothing lately.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Constitutional carry where is it at for Indiana?

I listed several things my group did in 2020 list what the NRA has done in 2020.
    ConC is in the House Public Policy Committee, something like seven different bills. There's a draft letter/email some pages back in the 2021 Legislative Session thread supporting HB 1034. Look for my avatar, I put the draft there.

Also couldn't help you're using the same language as the antis, "The NRA" in a negative manner. Do you think this isn't exactly what the antis want?

The VOTING MEMBERS of the NRA have the responsibility to change enough of the board to enact a change of the Executive VP/CEO, because that's how it works. I'm up for those running including a for/against WLP statement along with their other info. The way I understand it, 2/3 majority vote to remove WLP as CEO. That's 51 if I did the math right.

Somewhere back in this thread I stated that they can't fire the team, it's time for a new coach. This is still my team, I'm not going anywhere. I joined another team (The 2A Project), but you can be on more than one team in this case.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    ConC is in the House Public Policy Committee, something like seven different bills. There's a draft letter/email some pages back in the 2021 Legislative Session thread supporting HB 1034. Look for my avatar, I put the draft there.

Also couldn't help you're using the same language as the antis, "The NRA" in a negative manner. Do you think this isn't exactly what the antis want?

The VOTING MEMBERS of the NRA have the responsibility to change enough of the board to enact a change of the Executive VP/CEO, because that's how it works. I'm up for those running including a for/against WLP statement along with their other info. The way I understand it, 2/3 majority vote to remove WLP as CEO. That's 51 if I did the math right.

Somewhere back in this thread I stated that they can't fire the team, it's time for a new coach. This is still my team, I'm not going anywhere. I joined another team (The 2A Project), but you can be on more than one team in this case.
    Thank you for this reply. At least it gives me an idea that they are not sitting by idle while the ship sinks.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    See that's what I wanted to know
    This helps because I didn't see anything they have done lately except defense of WLP and possible misuse of donations.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thank you for this reply. At least it gives me an idea that they are not sitting by idle while the ship sinks.
    Where the NRA-ILA will be negatively affected is with funding. Membership money can't cross into the ILA due to campaign finance laws. As the main organization teeters, so will donations to the ILA (which can only come from NRA members.)

The actual NRA-ILA employees (there are very few) that I know/have known? I don't see how they can have a family life of any kind. I don't think they do. On the road all the time. I hope they can survive this and stay on-board, we need them doing what they do.

Top Bottom