• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can't say...
    I lived through the year before the election of "O'bamers Cumin' Fer Yur GUNS!"
    I lived through 8 years of "O'bamers Cumin' Fer Yur GUNS!".
    What actually happened,
    We GAINED the right to carry on AmTrack right of way,
    We GAINED the right to carry in federal parks.
    Now I've lived through 4 years of blaming "O'Bammers" for banning bump stocks, etc while it was Trump that signed the bans.
    I HEAR a lot of blabbering from the internet...
    I SEE something entirely different.
    As far as the NRA is concerned, goodby and good riddance.
    I had a lifetime membership given to me when I was 10 or 11,
    When it came off the rails and was no longer an education/safety, hunting preservation organization I was done with it.
    Hold on there. 0bama DID try to enact guns laws in 2013. The NRA was an important reason why that failed. They just fell short of 60 votes in the Senate.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    NRA has died for many ex-members, things change, that's why I don't buy "Lifetime Membership" of any kind.

It may take the GOA decades to become something with political influence like the NRA used to be. I would rather bet my money on something has a chance to live on than something has already died.

You do what you like, you can talk to me back into it once WLP and his buddies are all gone.

It likely will be too late as it doesn't seem they are going anywhere, though I wish they were. But it is your choice if you wish to disarm in the big fight...

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Thing needs to be taken apart and put back together differently. When the hired personnel dictate to the elected board, it's flippin' backwards.
    I'm with the guys who said not another dime until WLP is gone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not knocking the good folks at GOA.

However, just ask any dem what the GOA is, "Huh?" Then ask them what the NRA is...

Again, not knocking them, but if the GOA are as good as advertised they should have taken over ALL of the NRA's lobbying efforts by now. The GOA should be swimming in money from all of the ex-NRA whiners who are worried about Wayne's clothing budget. On top of every NRA member's money who thought the GOA was up to the task of taking over the NRA's successful efforts. :dunno:
    Ask Democrats what the NRA is? I public they’ll say they’re the powerful arm of the gun lobby preventing “common sense gun safety laws.”

Ask them in private and if they’re honest they’ll tell you it’s the boogie man they use to fundraise off of.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Doesn't change the fact that that is where we are.

With all due respect to all of you neverNRA folks, if you are successful winning your argument, all gun owners are losers.

Is win the battle, lose the war a solid plan? :dunno:
    C’mon man. Not everyone critical of the NRA is never-NRA. I still support NRA-ILA as long as that money is being spent on the right things. I encourage others to do so too. But, if you want to call me never-WLP, guilty as charged.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Off topic, but again I am reminded of how annoyed I get with people that promote themselves as above average intelligence but don't know the grammatical difference of to, too, and two.
    Eh, It’s okay. We all make grammatical errors. People know the difference but sometimes it just doesn’t make it from the brain to the fingers.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    C’mon man. Not everyone critical of the NRA is never-NRA. I still support NRA-ILA as long as that money is being spent on the right things. I encourage others to do so too. But, if you want to call me never-WLP, guilty as charged.
    I agree with Jamil. I don't always agree with Jamil but that doesn't make me or him angry at each other.

This is a forum with open discussion. I've read things here learned things that give me new perspective on things. If we can't agree to disagree at times it makes bad feelings for some. It's part of being an American. We all have an opinion sometimes it is the same as others sometimes it isn't.

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    I have friends that work at the NRA, literally, their jobs are at the NRA. They are hurting, and it is affecting people there. They are not done, or leaving. The bankruptcy is a legal maneuver because the NY lawsuits. FWIW, just wanted to share that you all shouldn't give up on the organization that has done the most for us over the last 30+years, and will continue to fight for us.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have friends that work at the NRA, like, literally, their jobs are at the NRA. They are hurting, and it is affecting people there. They are not done, or leaving. The bankruptcy is a legal maneuver because the NY lawsuits. FWIW, just wanted to share that you all shouldn't give up on the organization that has done the most for us over the last 30+years.

And what do the NY lawsuits tell us about the NRA?

The dems fear and hate them, as they do all of us. They will go to any legnth to crush them.

Do the dems even know the other organizations even exist? Just ask your dem aquantences what GOA or SAF or (fill in blank) stands for...

...crickets...

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And what do the NY lawsuits tell us about the NRA?

The dems fear and hate them, as they do all of us. They will go to any legnth crush them.

Do the dems even know the other organizations even exist? Just ask your dem aquantences what GOA or SAF or (fill in blank) stands for...

...crickets...
    Doing that now have several on my phone I'm asking. Got a response from one she doesn't know about GoA and didn't know about the NRA until the news said it was going bankrupt. She has no clue what either one is. Waiting for response from two more.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    NRA did this to themselves, right?

It appears to me this was all the result of an internal power struggle where a group tried to oust WPL, not by beating him in an election, but by trying to get dirt from Ackerman and oust him. That dirt brought the authorities into the picture and here we are. I'm sure I will be corrected if wrong but that is an overview.

Is that doing it to themselves?

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    It appears to me this was all the result of an internal power struggle where a group tried to oust WPL, not by beating him in an election, but by trying to get dirt from Ackerman and oust him. That dirt brought the authorities into the picture and here we are. I'm sure I will be corrected if wrong but that is an overview.

Ok, not up to date to the internal NRA ******** going on. Do I want an organization with strong success fighting for my right right now, or not? Simple question. Simple answer.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

An Old Timer at work told me early on. " If we are fighting amongst ourselves then we are not united in the fight against them".

It has rang true, and proved a very successful technique for the fight against the 2a

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013

Didn't they pushed through some changes on the Bylaws in 2017 to lock in WLP and his cronies have more voting power than the members?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I wonder how the NRA will react when they try to ban binary triggers because they make a gun fire to fast. Will they say the same thing they did about bump stocks?

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    I wonder how the NRA will react when they try to ban binary triggers because they make a gun fire to fast. Will they say the same thing they did about bump stocks?
    Let's just talk about bump stocks, what practical reason do you have for them, honestly?

Top Bottom