• ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    When corruption forces you to take your corruption elsewhere...

Texas - America's 3rd coast?
    I'm sensing a trend...
    Whose corruption? There seems to be plenty of smoke to the accusations of mishandling of money by the NRA. The simple fact that the leadership did not leave a state so unfriendly to the 2A before now is an indictment of that leadership.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Don't know how much of the "this is just a legal restructuring move" spin is real. I'm glad they are moving to Texas, and echo all the sentiments above about WLP. It's just a shame the NRA seems to be as crooked as the politicians. Aside from the folks on this forum, I just wonder if anyone has any integrity anymore.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Oliver North was right.

This was the silver lining in the NY lawsuit against them. We lucked out here, because if the liberals hadn't done our dirty work for us, I'm not sure we could have done it ourselves. Apparently the bylaws of the organization have been repeatedly software-versioned to the point they allowed LaPierre to ascend to "Ruler for Life" status and run the place as his personal fiefdom.

In a perfect world, he would accept responsibility for this and step down, so that the organization can emerge stronger.

In reality, he probably sees himself as maligned, and soon, we'll be treated to glossy-schmossy media relations releases with his face on them, decrying how the NY "Anti Gun Cabal" ran NRA into the ground with frivolous, hounding lawsuits, accepting no responsibility for it, and asking for more money so we can "refuse to be silenced" and "emerge stronger to fight the most Anti Gun Administration of this Century."

The real test is: does LaPierre accept any responsibility?

There needs to be a "Valentine's Day Massacre" immediately. Fire LaPierre's ass and all his cronies, perp-walk them out the door, and immediately replace him with Oliver North as interim EVP for a limited duration of time, to transition back to health. This transition period needs to include an immediate reversal of the corporate governance provisions which allowed LaPierre to build his fiefdom, so that it can never happen again. Upon emergence from this transition period, the Board should choose a new leader and start TF over.

Normally, emergence from Bankruptcy entails lining up new funding sources. If "new funding sources" means begging for more money from "us," the above changes are what I need to see, before giving a cent.

I recommend all other NRA members hold them similarly accountable.

If I get a single whiff of LaPierre in these money pleas...I'm done with them. I now have the exact same view towards the NRA that I have towards the Republican Party, which is: I'd rather live in a world where they've been nuked off the face of the Earth, than be represented by an organization that wipes its ass with my interests.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    It’s sad but the NRA is Wayne at this point. It’s a dynasty with Ol Wayne still getting about 17 million even if tossed out.
    Its a hard pill to swallow but we have been duped for years by a used car salesman from Canada.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Well the timing couldn’t be much worse. I don’t much care for LaPierre but I can’t help but think what a great job the left has done in destroying the NRA.
    They broke out their class warfare argument and run articles about how LaPierre is living the high life and making a fortune so NRA members would turn on him. It has certainly worked. I don’t personally care how much he makes or where is buys his clothes or how many call girls he has on standby. I do care how they represent gun owners. I’m fine with replacing him but I’m not fine with killing the NRA to do it.
    There are supposedly 70 Million gun owners in the US. If even half of them were NRA members no politician would ever think of going against them. They’d have more clout than the AARP.

This has been a divide and conquer op from the left and they’ve done an outstanding job. The NRA gets attacked from the left and from gun owners.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well they spent all the damned money.....:(
    Doesn't change the fact that we lost, in the absence of active NRA participation.

The dems never brought up the NRA (and spit) once, during the election.

The dems used to fear the NRA. Then they hated us. Now NRA is not a factor. The dems have won.

We really need to think about this...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    the new (INGO) board didnt like the letter. You may need to use the link icon to create the link manually.

And I hope they sell off LaPierre to pay some of their debts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Doesn't change the fact that we lost, in the absence of active NRA participation.

The dems never brought up the NRA (and spit) once, during the election.

The dems used to fear the NRA. Then they hated us. Now NRA is not a factor. The dems have won.

We really need to think about this...
    You are not addressing this clearly. LaPierre did this regardless of what the left said. The NRA has not stepped to the fore on anything in how long regardless of the reasons. They spent all the damned money. They have lost all credibility. Look at the millions that Midway has dumped into that mess. Millions. Wheres the money Wayne.

Now what do we do. This is absolutely the wrong tome for this crap but it has been brewing and festering for a few years now.

Now what do we do. I am not sending them a dime as long ad
    the king sits in his throne.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Obviously Lapierre isn’t going away Since he penned the letter and stated no leadership changes are going to occur.

One thought that just occurred to me is what the continued purpose of the NRA Whittington Center is ? I have been a Life Member since 1975 ( yes, I’m that old) and when the NRA announced the development of Whittington decades ago I had visions of someday going there to shoot and, perhaps, even being able to hunt one of the western species not available to Hoosiers. I don’t recall any mention of the Center in many years. The NRA needs to review this and other programs and the time for a gut check of their priorities is long overdue.
    Certainly the bankruptcy filing will bring added scrutiny by regulators and the membership. I think it’s time for the members of the NRA to pay close attention to what’s going on. I only hope the membership will be more proactive than they have been in directing the leadership.

A Benefactor Member

Top Bottom