• chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    They don’t care about court decisions.

They do whatever the hell they want with complete disregard for law or precedent. Everyday.

They know someone has to pay a lawyer a fortune to call them on it, and most don’t have the resources. They search whom they want, when they want, for as long as they want, and take whatever they want. When they are wrong there are ZERO real consequences so why would they do anything different?
    The point is that such actions are already unconstitutional, with or without the LTCH requirement. Pinner did not have an LTCH and was not a "proper person".

Bookmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2014
    Gibson County
    Thank you Kirk Freeman for the link to the Pinner v. State opinion summary. It was very enlightening.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thank you Kirk Freeman for the link to the Pinner v. State opinion summary. It was very enlightening.
    I sent it to IPAC but they only used the paper to write proposed legislation that gives them more power and money.

Can we, can we stop the b.s. from cops about how "they aren't involved in the law making process"? Is that dead yet?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I sent it to IPAC but they only used the paper to write proposed legislation that gives them more power and money.

Can we, can we stop the b.s. from cops about how "they aren't involved in the law making process"? Is that dead yet?
    Other than as an individual citizen, they shouldn't be.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Other than as an individual citizen, they shouldn't be.
    They’re not supposed to be, you’re right, as officers of the law and thus, agents of govt.
    In that role, that is, in their professional capacity, they have no more business supporting or opposing a law than does the governor, with the exception that he gets to make the pass-or-veto call.

Now, Eric Holcomb or Pat Flannelly, or the guys from Fort Wayne gang unit (VIPER, if memory serves) all have every right to support or oppose any bill’s passage as private citizens, which is to say you go to Indy to testify, you do so in regular clothes. You drive YOUR car, not the city’s. You fuel up on your dime, not the taxpayers’, and most importantly, when you go into that building, you leave your gun locked up, out of sight, in your car. You testify whichever way you want, but you do it with that uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach that the rest of the private citizens have. That goes for either side. I say the same to Sheriff Quakenbush as I do to Pat Flanelly if Lafayette.

Funny thing is, sight unseen, I would expect the sheriff to agree with me and do that without argument, as long as the other side did the same.

Blessings,
    Bill

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    They’re not supposed to be, you’re right, as officers of the law and thus, agents of govt.
    In that role, that is, in their professional capacity, they have no more business supporting or opposing a law than does the governor, with the exception that he gets to make the pass-or-veto call.

Now, Eric Holcomb or Pat Flannelly, or the guys from Fort Wayne gang unit (VIPER, if memory serves) all have every right to support or oppose any bill’s passage as private citizens, which is to say you go to Indy to testify, you do so in regular clothes. You drive YOUR car, not the city’s. You fuel up on your dime, not the taxpayers’, and most importantly, when you go into that building, you leave your gun locked up, out of sight, in your car. You testify whichever way you want, but you do it with that uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach that the rest of the private citizens have. That goes for either side. I say the same to Sheriff Quakenbush as I do to Pat Flanelly if Lafayette.

Funny thing is, sight unseen, I would expect the sheriff to agree with me and do that without argument, as long as the other side did the same.

Blessings,
    Bill
    And not use your work title during your testimony.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    IIRC, Guy Relford said that Carter stayed after his testimony through the vote. Supposedly not supposed to happen, as it is looked at as intimidation?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    IIRC, Guy Relford said that Carter stayed after his testimony through the vote. Supposedly not supposed to happen, as it is looked at as intimidation?

I'm not sure about that. When I've gone to testify, I've stayed to see how it worked out. Never been told I couldn't.... But I agree with you, esp. considering his title and to whom he reports.

For the rest of us, how can it be intimidation when THEY (legislators) are allowed to carry in the Statehouse, but WE are not?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    For the rest of us, how can it be intimidation when THEY (legislators) are allowed to carry in the Statehouse, but WE are not?
    The most intimidating thing about that to me is the fact that so many of them revealed themselves through their testimony to be dumber than a box of rocks. I’ll stop short of saying what I think of the people that continue to vote them into office.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    About a month ago there was a bill that was passed and signed by the Gov. the same day. I don’t recall the contents - I just recall the speed.

The fact that this isn’t signed yet tells me all I need to know.

Top Bottom