• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Bought a beautiful Noveske NSR and didn't realize that Noveske doesn't supply the wrench necessary to install their proprietary barrel nut. Seems really odd to me and something I would consider a huge negative to this rail. Why you would sell a rail with such an odd size tool required (1 1/16 crowfoot) without the tool seems very strange to me. Does anyone on here know where I might be able to find one local to Indianapolis? I have already checked Sears, Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Harbor Freight, Auto Zone, Advanced, and O'rileys. Any other suggestions for local places? Thanks guys and gals

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    two options, buy a crowsfoot socket or use 1-1/16" wrench. I have the later. since the NSR rail doesn't require timing the barrel nut, you can probably get it done by a wrench.

IIRC, the torque spec is 30 to 50 ftlbs. the wrench is 1 foot long, a bag of steel shot would be perfect.

honestly, I just do it by hand.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I didn't use a torque wrench when I installed the three I have, yeah, I'm that guy. :):

I followed the directions other than that, I tightened it and loosened it three times, made sure everything lined up as it should. Had to flip the nut over a few times to get it to time correctly.

I have fifty plus rounds out of my 458socom without any problems, :dunno:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Torque Spec is 40-80. You guys are going to talk me into a bad habit..... but I'm not beyond it

then have 2 bags. lol.

grainger has it for $40. they also have something cheaper but takes more time to get it.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I didn't use a torque wrench when I installed the three I have, yeah, I'm that guy. :):

I followed the directions other than that, I tightened it and loosened it three times, made sure everything lined up as it should. Had to flip the nut over a few times to get it to time correctly.

I did the same.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    So no one on INGO has used a Crowsfoot to properly Torque their rail??? I'm not really shocked at this kind of response as this is what was going through my head all day yesterday as I was driving around.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I have no plans to drill my receiver. I will keep the pin just in case it ever does back out and then I will find a machine shop to do it for me. And just FYI, I went ahead and bought a crowfoot, so if anyone needs one, just let me know and I will loan it out for shipping cost, unless you are local to indy than there is no shipping costs required as you can just come pick it up.

Last edited:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I have no plans to drill my receiver. I will keep the pin just in case it ever does back out and then I will find a machine shop to do it for me. And just FYI, I went ahead and bought a crowfoot, so if anyone needs one, just let me know and I will loan it out for shipping cost, unless you are local to indy than there is no shipping costs required as you can just come pick it up.

Hello FRIEND!!!!! :): I may contact you someday soon.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I have one , bought it from Noveske when I bought my rail . If anyone needs to use it. PM me
    Didn't read the thread all the way through .

Last edited:

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I have one , bought it from Noveske when I bought my rail . If anyone needs to use it. PM me
    Didn't read the thread all the way through .
    Yeah Noveske, Rainer, and DSG were all sold out of the Noveske wrenches. I bought a sunnex which is the cheapest I could find. $13 after shipping. I did find that it is too wide for the barrel nut so I will be grinding it down until it fits. Should still work.

Top Bottom