• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil, IN
    I lost my wife 12/19/11. I know I'm not the only one that has gone throught this but I feel like I am. I don't want to go throught the details of the circumstances of what happened but it was very suden. I thought I might reach out to anyone that has gone throught this. I met my wife when I was 16. I am now 51. I don't know if I can reply to anyone that may reply but I do appriciate any words of comfort.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Mike,
    I won't pretend and try to tell you I know how you feel, cause that would be a lie. My wife is my best friend and I couldn't imagine life without her. I will tell you that I will pray for you though. I will pray that God will send His Holy Spirit to fill in the gap in your heart that has been left behind, because He's the only one who can fill that gap.

Blessings & prayers to you friend.

Philippians 4:5-9 "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Mike, I haven't gone thru what you have, but I want to extend my heartfelt condolences. I've been with my partner 22 years and cannot imagine life without her. May you find some peace through others here.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My wife died suddenly as well (an accident) at the end of 1999, 12/23, in fact. We're not so far apart. I know how it is. We weren't getting along that well at the time, but that was too much. We're here for ya, man.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Mike, I couldn't even imagine what you've been going through the last couple of months and won't even try to say that I have...I've only lost close friends and distant relatives since I've been old enough to grasp what death actually is (my "Grammy" died when I was 6 and I was very close to her).

My heart goes out to you though...You will be in my prayers tonight.

Stay strong my friend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know some of the pain you feel. I know it will be a part of you from now on. It will subside. Truly, it will get better. We are all everything we have ever been or done in this life. Loss is sadly, a part of it. There are folks on here praying for you and sending positive thoughts. You will be in our prayers.

Be well

TP

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Mike, as many others have said, we want to be there for you. Do not let anyone talk you out of going through the stages of your grief. It will always be with you, even as you progress, but some of the pain will go away. Grief is not one size fits all, each person has different burdens to work through. Do not hesitate to make periods of diversions through activites with other people,loneliness and alcohol are dangerous. I am available if you would like to contact me. I did my Masters work in Biblical Pyschology and counseling before I was ordained.

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    Leo says great wisdom. Every grieving person must experience each stage of grief in order to get through it. I have a very good friend who specializes in grief counseling. She is well-trained and highly experienced. She's been doing it fulltime for many years. She is incredible and will talk with anyone, anywhere, anytime. PM me if you want her contact info.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am so sorry to hear this my friend. All I can say is that you know how to contact me. Let me know if I can do anything. I'm not much good for counsel, but I'm more than happy to hook you up with my pastor.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Mike,
    It is tough when someone close to you passes away. When it is sudden and unexpected it sure seems to be a lot worse. Hang in there. You are a good man and you can get through this, but it won't be easy to do so. Those who are close to us are never really gone. They are there in our heart and soul always.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Prayers and thoughts for you. Hopefully you have some family or friends in the real world that you can reach out too. Don't withdraw into yourself as so many of us males tend to do.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Thoughts & Prayers for You and Her :yesway:

I cannot imagine the pain and heartache that you must feel and will not pretend to do so. Remember tomorrow is for the bold and the brave. Mourn but one has to move on and live life to the fullest for we never know when it is our turn to face the great unknown :patriot:.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My prayers. I would suggest that you don't try to go through the grieving process alone. Do you have a pastor you can talk to? If not, I would suggest getting counseling from somewhere. My wife and I have been married for a very long time and we met in high school. It would be a sad, long and lonely road to travel without her by my side.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    I lost a husband in 1995 who had been my high school sweetheart and the love of my life after a year long fight with cancer. We had both just turned 43.

Grieve in whatever way and forever long you need to. When people tell you that you should be "over it" they don't know what they are talking about and don't let them make you feel like you are doing something wrong.

You do however need to find reasons for getting up each day and make yourself do things that you once enjoyed. There may not be much enjoyment for you at first but it will come.

Time is your friend and your enemy....it heals but it can take a long while for that to happen. You will always have the scars and for a time they will be scabs that get torn off, sometimes when you least expect it. It sucks.

It all will get better little by little although at this point I know that seems like an impossibility. People will try to help you and that is wonderful but my experience was that it is something that you pretty much do on your own. The people who you can talk to, who are willing to just listen, let you cry or rant......those folks are priceless.

My thoughts are with you and am sending you all the strength that I can. Take care of yourself.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    MikeBear you have my true sympathies. Unfortunately I know exactly what you are going through. I too lost my wife just before Christmas 10 years ago, and to this day I haven't truly gotten over it, but know that I must continue because I have others that care for me, and I care for them.

I don't know your circumstances, but I was faced with raising a daughter who had just become a teenager, and honestly if it wasn't for her it would have been even harder, but just seeing our "little girl" suddenly without a mother really tugged at everything I believed in.

And somehow I continue to go on. Mike, there will be times when you see something as you drive home to work, and know that she would like to hear about it, and then realize that it will never be. And you will cry a little, or a lot, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Everybody deals with the passing of a spouse, a true soul mate differently, and sometimes you just don't ever get over it. And there is nothing wrong with that as long as you realize that there are people who care for you, and whether they know how to show it or not, they are there, and you MUST go on. Your wife most likely would not have wanted it any other way. If for no one else but her memory you must go on and do your best to enjoy life, no matter how difficult it really is.

To this day, my daughter and I hate Christmas for what it has become. For us there is only the celebration of the birth of Christ, because at the same time we mourn the loss of a loved one. We don't exchange gifts, other than the "I love you" and let others know that although we recognize the day for what it is, we have a hard time doing any more.

And we both are ok with that, and if others disagree, that is their problem not ours.

You too might look at Christmas in the future as the time you lost your wife, and there is no denying the truth in that, and if you can't celebrate like the news media makes it, then do like my daughter and myself, and just thank the lord for the time you did have with your wife, and the prayer that she is at the peace we try to believe in that we receive after passing.

My best to you, and if you need a person to talk to, please feel free to PM at any time.

MikeBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil, IN
    I want to thank all of you for kind words and advise. I hesitated making this post but now I'm glad I did. To get some perspective from others is comforting.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I can't say it better than any of the others have already said, but I'm one more voice saying hang in there. I'll be praying for you.
    God's speed.

Top Bottom