• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    18:31 Day 2 The fight picked back up for a second until the families of the two men pulled them apart. They knew the argument was far from over but for now it was settled.

21:32 Day 2 You decide to be nosey and scavenge for generator gasoline from the area in the direction of the explosions. Your trying to decide what to take. You have room for 6 items. You have a gas can and a siphon hose and have to pick four more items..

Choose your four from those listed.. Explain why if you wish or don't and let us wonder..

flashlight with red filter
    night vision monocular
    knife
    suppressed 22 pistol with 10 sub sonic rounds and 10 high velocity rounds
    9mm auto pistol with 17 rounds of 147 gr JHP's
    50' of paracord
    small wire cutters
    medium sized bolt cutters
    big straight screw driver
    hammer
    large crow bar
    1 quart of water
    CLIF Bar (your choice of flavors)
    camera
    street map of the area
    cheap bubble compass (which is real twitchy)
    backpack big enough for the gas can

You have 5 minutes to decide and your leaving.. GO..
    Water
    9mm
    night vision
    backpack

Last edited:

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    First item - Night vision monocular

I think that this is a HUGE advantage considering I highly doubt the LEOs guarding the streets have anything like this. This would help pick a potential fuel target out easier and faster.

Second item - 9mm auto pistol

This would be encase my life was in jeopardy and I had to get out of a sticky situation. Suppressed .22 was tempting but unless I'm an amazing shot under extreme stress, I may not be doing anything but making the situation worse. I want some take down power.

Third item - medium sized bolt cutters

These can cut through your every day padlock and could also do the job of a crowbar if needed. They aren't big enough to run with and it's easy to carry. I'm guessing that most people/business' have secured any valuable items (gas/diesel) outside by now.

Fourth item - backpack

Having both hands free is critical. One with the night vision, the other with the pistol/bolt cutters (hopefully we have a holster for the pistol?). If I fill the gas can, there's no way in hell I'm going to want to carry it back by hand. Having it in a backpack would secure it and ensure that I could move as fast as possible.

Summary-

My whole excursion would be based on being as quick and as stealthy as possible. Going out risks me getting not only arrested but also killed. That could potentially kill my family. I probably would say screw the gas if I had a family to protect and care for but since I have no kids, I'll be adventurous and take the risk. I would mainly be looking for unattended cars/machines whatever that could maybe have gas. Do a quick siphon job and get the hell back home. I would want this to take the shortest amount of time possible and to stay within a 1 miles radius of my home (hopefully going away from the activity). Number one priority during the trip is to make it home safely.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'm going to agree in general with gohard43. The backpack is a no brainer, because even if I can't find fuel, I might find other items to put in the backpack. Bolt cutters will breeze through a chain link fence much quicker than some small wire cutters. NVG (dang, I wish you'd have mentioned some of the goodies we have before now), see in the dark = win.
    Now, the 9mm vs suppressed .22 is a tough call. The 9mm will definitely provide more in the self-defense category, but the last thing I want to do is get in a gunfight, at night, in hostile territory. Me popping off multiple shots is going to attract attention. I think I might be better off with the .22 and sneaking my way in. The .22 might quiet some noisemakers without making more noise than they are. I'm going to assume, since it wasn't specified, that the .22 looks like this....
    D462_5075_img.jpg

...and go with it.

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    Interesting.

Every time the power/emergency broadcasts come on, it's at the beginning of the loop. Play only once, and mention something we all would have just noticed (the sound), and tell us to stay inside. After one Loop, everything is terminated.

I don't think I need to spell it out.

But, GET OUT NOW! As far away from everything as you can get. DISAPPEAR! Don't talk to anybody, don't make any noise, grab what you can run with, and go.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Copyright, Icarry2, WDY Media

23:53 Day 2 It’s only about 45 degrees and everything is damp from all the rain. While you have only made it about 9 blocks from your home your beat, muscles burning, out of breath. You are afraid of how bad it will be when the empty fuel can your carrying in your backpack is full. You stop to rest and hydrate.

You recall the site at the intersection where the cops shot the guy in the truck and the man in the van. Now only a Hummer sits there with what looks to be two National Guardsmen or some branch of soldier.

One is standing by the drivers side front bumper of the Hummer smoking with his rifle slung behind him muzzle down. He is whistling some tune which you laugh to yourself about until the tune gets stuck in your head.. Hate when that happens you think to yourself as you notice the other soldier has Night Vision on his helmet but has it pushed up and off. He isn’t of much use since he is sitting in the passenger side front seat messing with the radio. You hear him grumbling something about not being important enough to have the decrypt codes for the other channels as he spouts out “I can’t raise anyone about our relief. We may be here for a while.” To which the standing soldier replies “ well I don’t know about you but I got enough smokes, food and water for three days so all we are missing are some girls and we got a party!” which is all you hear as you keep hunkered down as you slowly make your way to the North-North-East looking for a safe place to find fuel.

As you bring yourself back to the present realizing your almost humming the dang song aloud that the Soldier was whistling you concern yourself with the sloshing sound your canteen will make as you stow it. Your worried that the sloshing sound of a half full canteen will give away your position. Then, you hear a click off in the distance. You freeze. You hold your breath, hear your heart pounding in your ears as you wonder if you just heard a safety being taken “off” or was it something else?

After what seems like an hour and in reality is only maybe a minute you slowly exhale and take in a new lung full of air as you sit crouched down, very still, you hear the click again and a voice call out “over here..” your heart is now pounding in your ears about to jump out of your chest, “If you want to live get over here now!!” You slowly look to your left, then behind you a bit looking for the muzzle of a gun to be pointing at you when you see a small red led light glowing to your left about 10 feet.. It’s on what looks to be a fence post. Out of pure relief that it isn’t a gun pointed at your head you slide over to the post and look it over. There just below the little led is a speaker camouflaged to look like a knot. The voice comes through again, “if you want to live do as I say and you won’t be harmed” you step back just a bit and whisper “what the..” and the voice says “I can hear you, and see you and if I wanted I would have dropped you 5 minutes ago” you pause and realize your being watched, “just do as I say and everything will be fine, ok?” you mutter, “ok now what” and the voice states “follow this fence line to the North, when it turns west, continue North across the road and look for the culvert under the road to your right, climb in there”

What do you do?

Turn and run?

Go the way the voice says?

Last edited:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    23:53 Day 2 It’s only about 45 degrees and everything is damp from all the rain. While you have only made it about 9 blocks from your home your beat, muscles burning, out of breath. You are afraid of how bad it will be when the empty fuel can your carrying in your backpack is full. You stop to rest and hydrate.

You recall the site at the intersection where the cops shot the guy in the truck and the man in the van. Now only a Hummer sits there with what looks to be two National Guardsmen or some branch of soldier.

One is standing by the drivers side front bumper of the Hummer smoking with his rifle slung behind him muzzle down. He is whistling some tune which you laugh to yourself about until the tune gets stuck in your head.. Hate when that happens you think to yourself as you notice the other soldier has Night Vision on his helmet but has it pushed up and off. He isn’t of much use since he is sitting in the passenger side front seat messing with the radio. You hear him grumbling something about not being important enough to have the decrypt codes for the other channels as he spouts out “I can’t raise anyone about our relief. We may be here for a while.” To which the standing soldier replies “ well I don’t know about you but I got enough smokes, food and water for three days so all we are missing are some girls and we got a party!” which is all you hear as you keep hunkered down as you slowly make your way to the North-North-East looking for a safe place to find fuel.

As you bring yourself back to the present realizing your almost humming the dang song aloud that the Soldier was whistling you concern yourself with the sloshing sound your canteen will make as you stow it. Your worried that the sloshing sound of a half full canteen will give away your position. Then, you hear a click off in the distance. You freeze. You hold your breath, hear your heart pounding in your ears as you wonder if you just heard a safety being taken “off” or was it something else?

After what seems like an hour and in reality is only maybe a minute you slowly exhale and take in a new lung full of air as you sit crouched down, very still, you hear the click again and a voice call out “over here..” your heart is now pounding in your ears about to jump out of your chest, “If you want to live get over here now!!” You slowly look to your left, then behind you a bit looking for the muzzle of a gun to be pointing at you when you see a small red led light glowing to your left about 10 feet.. It’s on what looks to be a fence post. Out of pure relief that it isn’t a gun pointed at your head you slide over to the post and look it over. There just below the little led is a speaker camouflaged to look like a knot. The voice comes through again, “if you want to live do as I say and you won’t be harmed” you step back just a bit and whisper “what the..” and the voice says “I can hear you, and see you and if I wanted I would have dropped you 5 minutes ago” you pause and realize your being watched, “just do as I say and everything will be fine, ok?” you mutter, “ok now what” and the voice states “follow this fence line to the North, when it turns west, continue North across the road and look for the culvert under the road to your right, climb in there”

What do you do?

Turn and run?

Follow the voice. Keep my 9mm ready though

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    23:53 Day 2
    It’s only about 45 degrees and everything is damp from all the rain. While you have only made it about 9 blocks from your home your beat, muscles burning, out of breath. You are afraid of how bad it will be when the empty fuel can your carrying in your backpack is full. You stop to rest and hydrate.

One is standing by the drivers side front bumper of the Hummer smoking with his rifle slung behind him muzzle down. He is whistling some tune which you laugh to yourself about until the tune gets stuck in your head.. Hate when that happens you think to yourself as you notice the other soldier has Night Vision on his helmet but has it pushed up and off. He isn’t of much use since he is sitting in the passenger side front seat messing with the radio. You hear him grumbling something about not being important enough to have the decrypt codes for the other channels as he spouts out “I can’t raise anyone about our relief. We may be here for a while.” To which the standing soldier replies “well I don’t know about you but I got enough smokes, food and water for three days so all we are missing are some girls and we got a party!” which is all you hear as you keep hunkered down as you slowly make your way to the North-North-East looking for a safe place to find fuel.

What do you do?

Turn and run?

Oh golly...I've had quite some time to think about this response (that's the beauty of scenarios rather than the real thing).

First, I have to mentally assess the situation. Is this individual really able to have audio/visual surveillance, AND a line of sight to take me out? I’ve moved pretty far out of my territory, so to speak. What does the route he’s asking me to take look like? Am I uncovered prior to crossing the road?

That’s purely the immediate impact. I’m scavenging for my family. Is it worth the risk to follow the rabbit down the rabbit hole? What if this jackhole doesn’t have fuel for my genny? What if it’s Zed and Maynard, just waiting on me to get there so they can bring out the gimp?

Ok, time to act. I’ll switch on the NVG and do a slow scan around me. Seeing nothing that would cause me to hold tight, I’ll move out, pistol ready and head on a swivel. Every hundred steps or so, pause and scan to ensure nothing is trailing me. I'll spend a fair amount of time before crossing the road to make sure that it's clear.

(this better not be the end of my choose your own adventure, I’ll be pissed :xmad: )

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I don't think I'd buy the speaker B.S......like indytechnerd said, I'd scope the area with Night vision and try to get back home without alerting the national guardsmen.....

Maybe creep around the neighborhood for some unprotected fuel..No need to go far out of my comfort zone.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Maybe this "speaker" that looks like a knot is coming from the ultimate "prepper/survivalist/bad*ss" that has his property under surveillance and he's looking for some rebels to help GTFO of this situation? Something to think about hm

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I don't think I'd buy the speaker B.S......like indytechnerd said, I'd scope the area with Night vision and try to get back home without alerting the national guardsmen.....

Maybe creep around the neighborhood for some unprotected fuel..No need to go far out of my comfort zone.

Maybe this "speaker" that looks like a knot is coming from the ultimate "prepper/survivalist/bad*ss" that has his property under surveillance and he's looking for some rebels to help GTFO of this situation? Something to think about hm

Oh yeah, guess I didn't clarify. I AM going to checkout knothole-speaker guy. I'm hoping for your 2nd quote to be true rather than a visit with Zed and Maynard.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA

00:01 Day 3 You found the corner of the fence, checked and crossed the road and can see the culvert. You decide to go ahead and see who was talking to you through a post…

As you approach the culvert you hear the same voice as the post but not over a speaker, “come on, get in here!” you slowly crouch down and peer inside the culvert, and to your surprise you can’t see anyone, then a small red filter light motions you in. You crawl into the culvert and follow the little man down a ways then down a ladder. Once your down the ladder you see the little man climb back up and secure a hatch tht was cut out of the culvert. Your under the road.

Once back down the ladder the old guy turns to you and in a stern voice asks, “are you stupid?” and look at you in a way that makes you feel like you’re being dressed down by a drill instructor.

Before you can ask the old guy who he is he reaches out his hand and states, “call me Sarge” as you shake his hand you introduce yourself to him and he replies “Damn nice to meet you, why in gods name are you out and about when all this crap is going on?”

You explain that you are in search of generator fuel and that your family is counting on you. Sarge asks you if you have children, then their ages, birthdays and descriptions. Then before you can ask him why or tell him it’s none of his business he states. “I know of you”, as if to let you know that if you answer something wrong or give false information that you may be in a bad situation.

You answer the man, telling him of your wonderful spouse, children, dogs, etc. and need for fuel.

The old man extends his hand once more and as you take it he says “had to be sure it was you” which puzzles you. He then reaches behind you shifting his little red filtered flash light to shine on the wall and throws a switch than illuminates the room and temporarily blinds you allowing him a chance to reach beneath your jacket and pull your suppressed 22 pistol out of the back tuck holster you had made especially for it disarming you in a flash..

The old guy laughing and admiring your pistol points it at you and simply asks, “ the question remains,” as he pauses to look you square in the eye, “is this thing loaded” knowing that you checked the pistol before you left making sure it was loaded with sub-sonic suppressor rounds and indeed there was a round in the chamber. Your heart now pounding out of your chest showing the old guy that in deed you were at his mercy.

You think, I can take a round to the gut and take him if I rush him or do I let this play out and see what’s planned for you.

The old guy flips the pistol back around and hands it to you butt first, again stating, “I had to know it was you.” As you put your pistol back in it’s holster you wonder how does this old guy know who you are.

The old guy is a mystery.. But doesn’t seem to be a threat.

You walk down a corridor tunnel from the access hole you were standing in beneath the road. The old guy starts to explain some things to you.. He is 66 years old, been conceived during war, his father a Marine on leave, raised by a Marine, enlisted the day he turned 18, served in some of the worst jungle on the planet chasing spooks and leaving no trace..

You think to yourself, This old man, former Marine born of war, trained for war must be fully equipped, seems to live in a fortified bunker and be crazy as they come.

Do you pardon yourself and leave or stay?

Last edited:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Crazy or not, I'm kinda in for the duration. If I want to leave, I have to get back out of his little spider hole, which might be interesting in and of itself.

I will NOT mention my need for fuel again. Bringing it up would give the impression that I'm only here because I need something.

I would, however, remind him that I have a family (he knows this, but a refresher helps), and would like to get back to them before dawn. I can listen to his spiel for about 3hrs before I need to be working back towards the house.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Crazy or not, I'm kinda in for the duration. If I want to leave, I have to get back out of his little spider hole, which might be interesting in and of itself.

I will NOT mention my need for fuel again. Bringing it up would give the impression that I'm only here because I need something.

I would, however, remind him that I have a family (he knows this, but a refresher helps), and would like to get back to them before dawn. I can listen to his spiel for about 3hrs before I need to be working back towards the house.
    This. I'll get my 22lr ready though.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I'd stay! but only for a short time, wouldn't want to keep my family worried.

Sounds like a good guy to be friends with.....I'd see what his plan is!

It would be nice to combine our skills and the underground bunker would be great if radiation is going to come into play..

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    all you crazy people venturing out...im hunkering down....getting wasted...and eating rice.

Im not very well prepared at all...I have beer to last me a week, cigarettes to last me the same. food for a week, maybe 2...I have fields behind my house, I will hunt from the back porch. Birds, Squirrels, Coyotes. Whatever me and the dog can eat.

Eating the dog is not an option, ever. EVER. My dog is to me what your child is to you. He doesn't get left behind, he doesnt go without food, he doesnt get eaten.

As for looting...if SHTF....and i mean really REALLY HTF. Looting will happen. I will loot to survive. Im not going for nikes, macbooks, and LED TV's. Im going for beer and cigarettes :rockwoot: (maybe some more rice/water...but mainly beer and smokes)

If the world is going to come to an end...Im going to have fun along the way!!

I am not completely unprepared, but I don't spend my life fantasizing about something crazy happening, and making sure Im ready for it. I flat out dont have the storage space for that kind of preparedness. More power to those of you who do.

When it comes to survival though, I am number one. If I must take something so that I survive, so be it. If I am killed in the process....well, I wasn't going to survive if I didn't get it anyways. Just like my thoughts on carrying in general... If I have to kill to survive...that is what is going to happen...I may not sleep well at night afterwards...I am not a "tough guy" but I will do what I need to in order to make it home at the end of the day.

Call me whatever you would like. I am who I am, and I believe what I believe. Same goes for you all.

I do think most of you are psycho's however. :laugh:

Its a damn good thing that we live in the USA, and have the right to do that.

kevincullman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Kosciusko county
    1-grab the flashlight

2-put on my pants. 3-check all rooms. 4-check doors. 5-call power comp. leave a message. 6-get a drink. 7-take pants back off. 7- lay back down. 8- go back to sleep.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA

00:11 Day 3 You decide to follow the old guy and see what is actually going on. Maybe he will know what you don’t.

As you walk through what looks like a hatch on a ship or a boat. You see what looks to be a common area, a small galley looks to be off to one side and there are two more hatch ways, one right and one straight.

You notice that he has comm’s (you hear the same garbled up transmissions that the soldier in the Hummer was listening to, you see satellite and cable tv on but the satellite is tuned to some foreign channel and it is subtitled. As you pause in front of the bank of four small flat screen monitors you also he has an internet connection and was surfing Google for news of the situation.

Obviously he had a generator and fuel. Then you think, “maybe you could get some fuel from him?” and as you turn to ask him he turns to you and asks, “how much fuel do you need? Is that a gas can in your back pack?” and you just turn to look to him and state, Yes 5 gallon can. He asks “didn’t you have any fuel stored?” to which you replied “contaminated” and the old guy stopped, looked back and asked “with what?” and you explain that you think it was water. His reply “how much is wet?” you think to yourself, do you tell the guy the truth or lie, you decide to tell the truth.. You tell him that you had two 55 gallon drums and four 5 gallon cans. You had one 5 gallon can of good fuel that by now there was probably only a coupe of gallon left. You had stretched your fuel to keep your freezer and fridge cold.

The old guy motions to you to follow him. As you walk through the hatch that was straight ahead of you, he asks that you close and latch the hatch. He turns on a switch and it lights up a four bay motor pool styled garage, tools, equipment and machines along the left side, a parts and storage room off to the back left and along the right 8 double door metal storage cabinets, not those cheap rickedy ones neither, they were good 10 gauge lockable storage cabinets. At the end there is a bright yellow flammable cabinet of the same size and build.

The little guy walks around the back corner of his fully restored willies jeep which was complete with a recoilless rifle, jerry cans, tool kit, tow rope, antenna and working radio to the second cabinet, opened it up, looked around for a second and then reached in and pulled out a quart container.

He motions you over and just as you reach a point that you can see in the cabinet he quickly closes the cabinet doors and presents the find to you. As you start to read the label you realize he has just handed you a bottle of gold.. As you scan the directions you realize that there is enough treatment for wet fuel to treat all that you have and more.

You begin to say thank you and before you can get the word out he says “now let’s fill your can so you have enough to last you until your treated fuel separates.”

You take off your pack and pull out the collapsible can that you brought along. As you show him the can he laughs outwardly as he says “why don’t you just put that away and you can take one of my cans as long as you promise to bring it back.”

Suddenly you can’t believe that this old guy has stopped you, taken you in so to speak and now given you fuel and additive to treat your fuel. You look him straight in the eye and offer your hand, as you ask the guy what he wants in trade for the fuel and additive.

He responds by shaking your hand, looking you in the eye and saying “stay alive and keep your family safe and never speak of his place to anyone, not even his better half” to which you are shocked and agree.

As you go to leave the old guy hands you a map, some code sheets and a hand held radio, “put these in your pack. He says it should work from your house, you start to ask how he knows where you live but then stop.

He looks at you and as he hands you a package asks if you might be able to get it to a neighbor a couple doors down who you don’t know. You think about the man he is referring to and recall other then an occasional nod or wave have never really gotten to know.

“He is a paranoid old goat” he says as he hands you the directions to get safely in the guys house without getting shot. The sheet lays out how to get from the bunker complex your in to the old guys house which is two doors down from you across the street. In the corner you notice it dated, 1980 and titled, Fall Back Delta. The old guy says “he is more then likely standing guard in DEFCON 1 by now” as you look to him in thanks and say “I will get this to him once I check in at home and get the fuel treatment started.

The old guy turns and looks to you before you go up the ladder and says, “do you own a watch?” The old man looking at his watch as you answer, “yes” and he says I have

A quarter till oh one hundred. You nod and check your watch, you have exactly 00:45:02 on your watch. When you look up Sarge points to the radio and says, “turn the radio on every 45 minutes and do not transmit unless you can speak in code. Until you learn the code, listen and write down any messages you get. Better yet if you have a digital recorder, record them as well so you make no mistakes translating them. If you have a message wait until you hear Mr. Green, that is you. Also it would be best if you write down your coded message and just read it. I will let the others know we now have a Mr. Green, that is if you want in?” You shake your head and express your gratitude.

The last thing the old man said before they parted ways was to keep low, follow the directions and listen in after returning home.

You leave and work your way through the directions and are not seen or heard by anyone. It takes you longer then you thought carrying 5 gallons of fuel in a Jerry Can. About half way back you run out of water. You should have considered asking the old man for a canteen refill, your mistake..

Last edited:

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Very interesting. I'm hooked!

The ole man seems to be on to something...something very impressive. My butt is going to be at home as quickly as possible learning and deciphering those codes!

How long does it take for fuel to separate from water? This is news to me, I never knew there was such a chemical or concoction possible.

Top Bottom