• Would you try to save this guy?

• Total voters

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    We couldn't see what was going on. It's possible the guy wasn't complying, bringing on the use of the baton and spray.

Not enough info here to judge.

The guy is on the ground and from the officer's body movements at no time did it appear that he was fighting with the officer. If I had to guess, the guy wouldn't roll over and be handcuffed. So call for backup and once they get there roll the guy over and cuff him. There are ways to get someone to stand, for that matter there are ways that can be used that will make someone want to stand up. The spray I can see more than the baton. jmo

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    after rewatching the video it is clear that the suspect was running his mouth to the officer, the woman in the car even says so. The suspect was probably drinking after newyears and was trying to talk his way out of a DUI.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    after rewatching the video it is clear that the suspect was running his mouth to the officer, the woman in the car even says so. The suspect was probably drinking after newyears and was trying to talk his way out of a DUI.

And any intelligent person with his salt knows better than to instigate a drunk. You said it yourself all it was was talk, no aggression towards the officer that I could see even after the officer initiated it. With that many people involved and one officer he very readily could have been overwhelmed. I am glad you are not an actual officer you might shoot someone if they disagreed with you.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.

That is hilarious...oh wait this isnt' a movie. That is completely unacceptable. If you are and officer in the real world please resign immediately, assuming you're saying that running your mouth is grounds for a beat down by a SERVANT.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    No survey answer for my thought. Call 911, and give the dispatch the play by play of the officer brutality. Now that I've watched it I can say that the officer was 100 percent wrong unless the guy pulled a weapon while on the ground. The officer surely would have retrieved it if that was the case. Shame on you officer I hope you get your behind beat down by a 5 year old girl with a baton and mace. While batons can be very leathal, I never got the feeling he was going to kill or seriously mame (SP?) the guy. I wouldn't stick my butt out for a stranger to save him a beating that he may very well have deserved, but it is NOT the officers place to decide and give the punishment. This isn't Judge Dredd here.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

It's a lie! The evidence has been falsified! It's impossible! I never broke the law, I AM THE LAW!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The "suspect" in the car didn't "appear" to be physically aggressive, from the position of his feet in the air and the fact they weren't flailing around he didn't "appear" to be agressively resisting once on the ground. Multiple blows to the upper body of a person that may well have been laying motionlessly at the feet of the administering bully. I'm leaning towards a bad bust.

All that said, if their was audio I didn't listen to it. Based on the limited info in video only would make me suspicious. Most likely anyone trying to interfere with the leo would have been scraping brains up off the pavement. A call to dispatch would have resulted in backup for the original leo, offering the video as evidence would have probably resulted in the arrest of the person holding the recording device. No I believe we are safer in living in the republic envisioned by the framers those many years ago. And I don't consider myself a cop basher but I have lost a lot of trust and respect for them that used to be automatic in better days.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    i see that i people want to know what i think. I did not vote in this pole as i did not see any acceptable options. it is not clear what happened before the video started so i will not judge the officer. I wish i could hear sound as well. i would have assisted the officer to control the situation and made sure none of the other suspects tried to take the officer's gun while he was restraining the main suspect and called for more units in case the officer hadnt already
    The only thing you would do is move to the back seat of your van, whip it out and start a whackfest watching someone getting an undeserved beatdown.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    i don't know if the guy in the car deserved or didn't deserve what happened because i wasn't there, and the video is a bit inconclusive. what i do find peculiar is that his buddies are standing there and watching so nonchalantly, as if they thought he deserved it.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    i don't know if the guy in the car deserved or didn't deserve what happened because i wasn't there, and the video is a bit inconclusive. what i do find peculiar is that his buddies are standing there and watching so nonchalantly, as if they thought he deserved it.

or they are scared of officer just like the guy that keeps telling his girlfriend to shut up and keeps hiding the camera

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Simple solution - anytime any officer says anything at all to you, slowly raise your arms above your head, slowly kneel and then go face down on the ground with your arms and legs spread. Wait to be cuffed.
    This is the submission position when dealing with police officers.
    It guarantees nothing, but it does lessen your chances of being "shot to slide-lock."

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'd vote

But there are way to many unknowns and not enough good answers.

What it makes me want to do is send the video to the news shows and call the guy a lawyer. Cops ain't all bad but that one deserves a shot in the mouth with a tazer. No excuse for hitting a guy with a baton just cause he won't roll over. Didn't look like he was really wailing on him but it's still overkill IMO.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    But there are way to many unknowns and not enough good answers.

What it makes me want to do is send the video to the news shows and call the guy a lawyer. Cops ain't all bad but that one deserves a shot in the mouth with a tazer. No excuse for hitting a guy with a baton just cause he won't roll over. Didn't look like he was really wailing on him but it's still overkill IMO.

The longer and heavier the object the more the force is multiplied, you can hear some of the impacts.. guarantee it hurt, may not have broke anything but it hurt.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    was this a real cop or a security guard?

you asked if I would intervene?

If that was a friend of mine or a family member and he was down on the ground not resisting and then the cop pulled out a baton to beat him, you better believe I would have intervened after he gave him the first whack so I could defend my actions in court.

I would only slightly hurt the officer enough to make sure he wouldnt get up and try to shoot me. probably would handcuff his ass. but yes I would. I WILL defend myself and my friends and family from ANY life threatening person.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    was this a real cop or a security guard?

you asked if I would intervene?

If that was a friend of mine or a family member and he was down on the ground not resisting and then the cop pulled out a baton to beat him, you better believe I would have intervened after he gave him the first whack so I could defend my actions in court.

I would only slightly hurt the officer enough to make sure he wouldnt get up and try to shoot me. probably would handcuff his ass. but yes I would. I WILL defend myself and my friends and family from ANY life threatening person.
    but I'm pretty sure that would get you shot, then you get to say nil in court.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    but I'm pretty sure that would get you shot, then you get to say nil in court.

Im pretty sure I would try and avoid getting shot. If he tried to draw on me I would return the favor because I would already plan on him trying this before I made my approach. in this case if the cop was just beating a friend or family member of mine for no reason then I would view him as a deadly threat and hande him appropriately. my above response where I mentioned handcuffing him was me being merciful IF possibly and safe, because of his status. Any other person would just get shot if they were doing what he did.

cops CAN be legally shot people. you dont have to get the **** kicked out of you and risk dying if you aren't in the wrong. A cop who breaks the law ceases to be a cop at that point in y opinion and can be handled like any other criminal..

and for the record: If this was just a security guard I would beat the **** out of him the moment he first touched my friend.

but dont listen to me. I use to pick fights with MP's just to stay amused. They never won and they had guns ;):D

Last edited:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I can't believe 5 people have answered "Yes, I would draw down on that scumbag".

So your friend gets a good beat down, you draw on the officer and fail to realize officer backup has arrived behind you. Guess it looks like you'll be taking a few rounds to the back.

Or backup arrives, they order you to drop the weapon and you instinctively turn towards the officer commanding you, he then shoots you for pointing a firearm at him.

Assuming that was a police officer and not a security guard (without a firearm). Even if this guy (police/security/whatever), the most I would do (also assuming this was family/friend getting the beat down) would be to verbally request him to stop physically harming my friend and then to immediately dial 911.

If this is a police officer in the video, it would be best to just keep your mouth shut. Unless you want a beat down too.

Top Bottom